Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Mastery & Majesty

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The town hall in rathmines?!?? or the place across the road from it?
    i went to school there in the town hall. I am hopefully gonna be in la Fête des lumières here in Lyon :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

Alright every1,

I'm a big poi enthusiaist! I've been doing poi for about 12 months and i Love it. I can juggle 3 balls also, but my passion is poi. I can do quite a few poi tricks, 3 and 5 beat weaves(forwards and backwards) butterflies, wraps, turns and some other random tricks.

Is there any1 else into poi, any sort of societies or clubs that i could join?

name: Chong

Help me out here, i need some1 else to spin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Hi Chong,
    Try to come to the Tralee convention next month if you can. Have a look at homeofpoi.com too as it's the main hang out for poi people in Ireland. Don't give up on the 3 ball juggling! There's lots of juggling clubs in Dublin if you can make it in.

This is where the Irish are: (warning full of hippies)
    http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/UBB5/Number/251558/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

Sweet, nice 1 man, maybe i'll see you down in tralee so. Wont know its you but, hey!

Peace

I'll be juggling orange clubs and rings.
    Do say hello.

You'll find Tralee details somewhere on this forum or better still join "emeraldcircus" yahoo group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

Im Darragh.
    21 years old.

Ability: Mostly 3 ball tricks.Can juggle 4 but not many tricks. Can also juggle clubs.I know a few basics of contact juggling and diablo.

How i started: The people I live with all juggle so I started over half a year ago.I was planning on just learning basics but when i went inter railing I had alot of free time to juggle and got hooked.

Most recent achievement:
    I learned Rubenstiens revenge. Found a handy website which made it easy to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 monsieur bob

Im Bob

D.O.B 28/08/89

Ability: mainly three ball tricks,including throwing three over my shoulder from the back,clutching two then continuing to juggle.I can juggle four balls competently but not many tricks,kinda learning 5 but not going at it religiously...yet!3 clubs,3 knives(not those blunt juggling knives though haha)

How i started: saw my friend juggling one day last year and am addicted ever since

Most recent achievements: Juggled 3 turnips in a shop,3 broken shards of glass,and juggling spoons lol

Have a look at www.emeraldcircus.com, seems to be where jugglers are hanging out online these days..

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Flame Wielder

Hi, I'm 13, I've been juggling for 3 years, I can Juggle 3 and 4 balls, 3 clubs, 3, and 4 rings and I can also do one diabolo. With 3 balls I can do mill's mess, Burke's Barrage, Romeo's Revenge, Chops, claws, yo-yo, elevator, reverse cascade and many others I've forgotten. With 4 balls I can do pistons,and half shower. With clubs I can do doubles, triples, quads (sort of), dips, chops (sort of) and columns. With 3 rings I can do dips, columns and ring grinds. With diabolo I can do toss, trampoline, stick grinds, cat's cradle, catch on halved string and back, suicides and whip catches (whilst I'm actually doing the diabolo).

I can also do fire staff and a bit of fire juggling. :cool:

Sorry it's so long.
    Update:
    I've finally got to five balls, and it's getting pretty solid. :D I've got four clubs nice and smooth, and I'm aiming my sights ever higher.

Only problem is my ceilings too low :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

I'm Kevin... I am 370 years old... I can flip 'tween ten or twenty patterns, three balls only... contemplating going up to four (ha ha ha ha) or five (ha ha ha ha)...

I began juggling during the (roaring) 1920s... Sigmund Freud showed me the basics.

Galway based now, how's it going..? <i>but</i> my fart will always be in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Name: Ciaran Toher
    D.O.B.: 03/10/1990
    Location: Meath myself, but I juggle with Maynooth and the society

Ability: 3 ball juggling (almost got 4), I've started learning contact, staff, club juggling and poi, but my mastery would be in flower sticks:D

How it all stared: About 4 months ago when I started college. Was hanging around outside the students union watching the jugglers when one came up to me, and for lack of a better word, forced me to learn (but in a nice coaxing way). Been hooked ever since:D

Latest Achievement: Recently got club juggling, mills mess, and for flower sticks I got a double pass under the legs there a few mins ago.

And since it would appear these forumshave seen little action recently, anyone know where the jugglers talk over the interwebz these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

tis emeraldcircus.com these days =)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

jugglingdb.com ftw

Advertisement