Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Mastery & Majesty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

hurt if you don't do them right. Can look very nice if done with a bit of class and using the ring like a ring as oppose to doing ball and club tricks with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spodo Komodo

Yeah sounds good...if im around i'll give ye a shout. Workin on 5 rings at the moment. So if ye see a guy throwing rings around a cursing you know its me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh yeah! i like rings. damn wind usually disrupts that juggling... hey emmet! you gotta teach me a ring trick! i have only ever tried jugglin 3... perhaps 4 shall be my nxt trick! lol!

Sounds like we need a ring workshop when do you want me to do it? tuesday or sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

oo oo me too!!! *jumps up and down* :p

I'd love to learn something other than balls and clubs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nicholas2099

Name: Denny
    Started Juggling: A senior in highschool. (It started with a yo-yo.)
    Juggling Ability or Items Juggled:
    scarves, balls, clubs, rings (bounce and throw balls)
    devil sticks
    diabolo
    cigar boxes (This wasn't mentioned as a juggling type on this forum.)
    contact juggling
    palm spinning
    ball spinning
    yo-yo
    kendama
    lasso or lariot (rope tricks)
    whip (cracking and hitting things in the air)
    board manipulation (basically contact juggling with a piece of wood)

Tricks in the process of mastering:
    5 balls (been practicing on and off for over 8 years)
    3 balls continuously behind the back
    cigar boxes behind the back
    devil sticks behind the back
    contact juggling ball on head
    chops with clubs
    spinning rope around body
    snapping a coin out of the air with whip
    few other novallty tricks

Talent: Mastering and learning tricks successfully with both hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Well you are certainly talented anyway!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

talent:mastering the obvious ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Juggling Kid

Name: Kyle
    DOB: 01/04/91
    Ability:3 ball: many tricks including tennis, half shower, shower, mill's mess, ect...
    4 ball: No tricks But can do Sync. and Async. fairly well... Started 1 month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Name: That's not important right now
    Dob - around Feb '82

Ability - not great. Can do some poi, butterfly (in front and behind the neck - both directions), weave (never entirely sure if it's full or half weave - I don't know the difference). I can do a few little patterns - a bit like the mexican wave but more positions. Can also do the one-handed butterfly, and get it behind the back for one beat, but not got it going for any longer than that. Trying to learn backwards weave. After that, I have a lot to learn. :)

Also doing a little bit of balls, but right now, I have a blister on my hand which means I can't practice (and I'm not too great) - can do 2 balls, learning 3.

So yeah, that's me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Bienvenue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 andrewg

juggling kid, what part of MA do you live?

dob= 1/22/90
    ability= 5 balls at most. juggling since feb of 2005. i can juggle 3 balls in one hand and do a couple 3 and 4 ball tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soooali

Hey I'm ali, I got into unicycling first, it's deadly u should try it!! Can also do three ball cascade, that about it, but i am getting there. I've really taken to hula, it's amazing!! Up the circus stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Flame Weilder

Hi, I'm 13, I've been juggling for 3 years, I can Juggle 3 and 4 balls, 3 clubs, 3, and 4 rings and I can also do one diabolo. With 3 balls I can do mill's mess, Burke's Barrage, Romeo's Revenge, Chops, claws, yo-yo, elevator, reverse cascade and many others I've forgotten. With 4 balls I can do pistons,and half shower. With clubs I can do doubles, triples, quads (sort of), dips, chops (sort of) and columns. With 3 rings I can do dips, columns and ring grinds. With diabolo I can do toss, trampoline, stick grinds, cat's cradle, catch on halved string and back, suicides and whip catches (whilst I'm actually doing the diabolo).

I can also do fire staff and a bit of fire juggling. :cool:

Sorry it's so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Flame Weilder

Sorry about the 1 star rating, I meant to put 4 stars but it came up with just 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Hey I'm Hugh, been juggling since start of the college year, so September. Do a bit of 3-ball, -ring and am starting to learn clubs too, but I got distracted by devilstick in November and I pretty much forgot about other stuff til last weekend (Belfast convention), but goin back to em now. Oh I'm in UCD you'll see me at practise pretty regularly (which makes me feel sad because all the cool kids only go when their busy schedule allows, therefore I have no busy schedule, cry cry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mats

I'm Mat from the UK.

My best runs:
    5 balls - 92 catches
    4 rings - 62 catches
    3 clubs - indefinatly, but can't do 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

hi, i'm 30, been juggling for about 3 years on and off with 3balls, have it fairly solid with a few tricks, short bursts of synch into asynch and back with 4 balls. bought 4clubs at ejc on monday and started learning with 3 on monday night, best run so far is 73 catches, or 6 for reversed cascade. started passing with 4 clubs between myself and a mate this evening. i aim to be trying four clubs solo bythe tralee convention in november.
    oh yeah i also do a few basic tricks with the diabolo, which i can also do while on a rola bola.
    and i do a bit of firebreathing, althought the more i learn about it from different people, the less often i do it. will most definately be investing in fire clubs asap, also want to learn poi and how to unicycle.
    OH, and i also stiltwalk.
    and can do 3 ring cascade and reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hey, I'm Rory, been juggling for a few months. My friend started trying to juggle his hackeysacks in school, and gave me a go, and I got hooked on it there and then.

I can do a few tricks with three balls, clawing, tennis, reverse cascade, behind the back, under the leg, columns, infinities, I can almost get Mill's Mess. I'm practising my asynchronus fountain with four balls. I was starting to learn a five ball cascade, but I lost one of the balls :(

I can juggle three clubs, start from balancing on my nose, and to a kick-up. I've also started learning diablo, I can do some throws over my leg, I think I can do a sun, I'm not too sure if it's right, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Proper name is Will.
    Can juggle 3 balls with various tricks, havent tried 4 yet but i should :) Emm what else, started doing devil sticks, nothing major just gettting the hang of em.
    Spent a day on a uni-cycle, great fun got the hang of it eventually but started to hurt me "down there", i dont know if thats normal? :confused: Seat was real uncomfortable. My cousin who was in the UCD juggling club got me into juggling and all that, good fun. Helps me with hand eye coordination since ive lost most of it since starting my course! (computers)
    Thats me anywho..

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote:
    Spent a day on a uni-cycle, great fun got the hang of it eventually but started to hurt me "down there", i dont know if thats normal? :confused: Seat was real uncomfortable. .

Thats normal, the trick to avoiding it is to hitch em up and out of the way before you sit down.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah i was but when i started cycling stuff was moving, walked like a cowboy for the rest of the day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Moi, c'est La Liz.

I've just started doing some Circus stuff because of the course I'm on.

[Shameless Self-Pimpage]Experience, as part of the Dublin Fringe Festiva, check it out on www.fringefest.com[/Shameless Self-Pimpage]

The Circus Stuff I've been learning so far is Juggling (still haven't mastered it yet but I'm practising a lot), Contact Juggling, Poi, Diablo, Isolations, and a little bit of plate-spinning. I've also been doing some acro like arial, trapexe work and acrobalance.

After the Leaving Cert I want to do Drama and Acting in Trinity then go to Briston Circus School and do a course there because I'm really enjoying the course I'm on at the moment and acrobats are HAWT.

Where's this course on?

It's on in the College of Education up in Rathmines. The people from the Circus School are treaching us Circus Skills, the Latvians are teaching us dancing, The German Band are doing music with us and we have a teacher from Trinity doing drama with us.

Which circus school is it?

Circumedia and Bristol Circus School I think. There are people from both there.

Really i went there, who's teaching the course? might know em

Oh that's pretty cool, the guy teaching us juggling and stuff is called Paddy and he's from Ireland. The people teaching Ariel and Acrbatics are Hayley, Azu and Gonzalo.

• Advertisement

Yeah i know all them paddy is deadly, though i'm really surpirsed about having azu and gonzalo teaching acro as they're both just finished training oh well, hayley is also good though

Advertisement