Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contesting a will, capacity

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That'll be the new buyers decision to make,

Very few people would become a buyer in such circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Be careful talking to your brother. If you reveal what you are prepared to relinquish he could take that as a starting point and seek more. You could end up annoying your other brother too if you say the wrong thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Squatman

Sorry but there's absolutely no way the op should do that. She didn't do anything wrong here, herself and her other brother and the solicitor are trying to execute a will here and that's what they should remain focused on, nothing else.

its their objective. but the solicitor doesn't give a ramblers damn if it ever gets resolved. They will still send in their invoice at every opportunity. a small bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.
    there are very few people who will be a total d1ck, when met with courtesy, consideration, friendliness, compassion, and a willingness to engage. IMO. this isnt a question of right and wrong. its a direction. you are at point a, and you want to get to point b, the quickest way, following the path of least resistance, with the most money left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmilyBClare

That'll be the new buyers decision to make, no matter what happens regarding land the brothers days of suiting himself are numbered. I think it's time the op and her brother and the solicitor started standing up to this fcuker. Sometimes the universal language needs to be employed... Not very professional I know but sometimes enough is enough...

You have me motivated now to stick with this...

I can speak his language too when I want to but I just don't want to go there, going to his level, for me,would make me as bad him. My brother lacks decorum.

My solicitor is also a gent too, unfortunately for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmilyBClare

Squatman wrote: »
    its their objective. but the solicitor doesn't give a ramblers damn if it ever gets resolved. They will still send in their invoice at every opportunity. a small bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.
    there are very few people who will be a total d1ck, when met with courtesy, consideration, friendliness, compassion, and a willingness to engage. IMO. this isnt a question of right and wrong. its a direction. you are at point a, and you want to get to point b, the quickest way, following the path of least resistance, with the most money left over.

You obviously haven't met the likes of my sibling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You obviously haven't met the likes of my sibling!!

He sounds very similar to mine.
    Like yourselves the solicitor that my father chose is an absolute gentleman, he's part of a well respected company and charged a fixed price that he told me from the outset. Stick to your guns but under no circumstances engage with that **** of a brother.
    When the land becomes yours, re-establish the correct boundary immediately.
    Remember one thing, your father chose you and your brother to execute his wishes, don't let your positions be undermined by him(the other fella).

According to the op her solicitor doesn't seem to be that type of greedy person, luckily the one my father chose was a very decent guy too. It was a fixed rate and that's what was charged to the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Squatman

According to the op her solicitor doesn't seem to be that type of greedy person, luckily the one my father chose was a very decent guy too. It was a fixed rate and that's what was charged to the estate.

May well be. i was making generalisations. but my sentiment is really, that the brother will change his tune when it starts impacting his pocket.
    worst case scenario, it could end up like the 2 bachelors in bonniconlon (or whereever in Mayo) where there has been grudges for years, ending up in more and more money lost, and years of life wasted.

these boyos. and for what its worth, the lads recording are as bad or worse than the fellas breaking the glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxbkDfpzF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Get you solicitor to write back to his saying, the world has resorted to technology to allow clients to instruct their legal council. Either enforce the deadline given, or give him an new deadline to respond but inforce it this time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

May well be. i was making generalisations. but my sentiment is really, that the brother will change his tune when it starts impacting his pocket.
    worst case scenario, it could end up like the 2 bachelors in bonniconlon (or whereever in Mayo) where there has been grudges for years, ending up in more and more money lost, and years of life wasted.

these boyos. and for what its worth, the lads recording are as bad or worse than the fellas breaking the glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxbkDfpzF4

Makes me proud to be a mayo man - not

• Advertisement

Get you solicitor to write back to his saying, the world has resorted to technology to allow clients to instruct their legal council. Either enforce the deadline given, or give him an new deadline to respond but inforce it this time

Exactly, the people her father left in charge need to start taking charge. This time last year I was going through crap like this, I feel your distress op.

Advertisement