Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday flights summer 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Re Ryanair flight changes - I thought you could change your flight without any change fee if you booked in December or January.

Yet when I try to change my flights I am being charged a change fee of 280eur for everyone on the flights.

I thought any flight could be changed for free.

I booked the flight in December which I thought would mean a no flight change fee.

https://extra.ie/2020/11/20/business/irish/ryanair-waive-flight-change-fee/amp

Thanks

Is it possible that’s the fare difference? No fee but the new flights are dearer so you pay the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Re Ryanair flight changes - I thought you could change your flight without any change fee if you booked in December or January.

Yet when I try to change my flights I am being charged a change fee of 280eur for everyone on the flights.

I thought any flight could be changed for free.

I booked the flight in December which I thought would mean a no flight change fee.

https://extra.ie/2020/11/20/business/irish/ryanair-waive-flight-change-fee/amp

Thanks

Its Ryanair. They'll get you in the end :)

Ive booked two sets of flights for European holidays in the summer (not with Ryanair). I live in hope.
    And the second it does become obvious that foreign destinations are a go, expect the prices to rocket. So im in before that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It turns out that because I booked the flight for May the flight change fee applies. You need to have booked the flight for Easter (presumably Easter 2 weeks) or the Summer holidays.

It seems poor service to me.

Anyway I am reluctant to rebook as I think you can only change the flight time once.
    Just a lot of hassle at the moment and there are bigger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don’t feel confident booking just now but I’m concerned if I don’t flights will get quite expensive when everyone has the same idea

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Don't book flights abroad you inbred morons.

Unfortunately summer will probably be a write off. Deal with it and maybe do a staycation instead.

If you go to Spain you can ****ing stay because you'll come back and infect us and we'll be in this **** situation again.

Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭StreetLight

jmlad2020 wrote: »

If you go to Spain you can ****ing stay because you'll come back and infect us and we'll be in this **** situation again.

Given the apalling infection rates here over the past week, I think the Spanish would be more at risk from us.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Gael23 wrote: »
    I don’t feel confident booking just now but I’m concerned if I don’t flights will get quite expensive when everyone has the same idea

Am forgetting about summer this year, in the unlikely event we are vaccinated by then, all of the UK and Ireland will be going going to the usual hot spots.

Maybe midterm in October at a push....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

Am forgetting about summer this year, in the unlikely event we are vaccinated by then, all of the UK and Ireland will be going going to the usual hot spots.

Maybe midterm in October at a push....

I was thinking of booking for the Oct mid term break too,I wonder will u have to have had the vaccine to travel by then?

I should have the vaccine by June hence my hope for September

Mrtm17 wrote: »
    I was thinking of booking for the Oct mid term break too,I wonder will u have to have had the vaccine to travel by then?

100% Airlines (and possibly also countries) won't allow you to travel without proof of the vaccine.

Will take a while for airline schedules to rebuild, can see holiday hot spots jammers at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Is Portugal in mid September realistic? (Assuming my wife and I have been vaccinated by then). I personally don't see any reason why holiday travel couldn't happen around then

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

100% Airlines (and possibly also countries) won't allow you to travel without proof of the vaccine.

Will take a while for airline schedules to rebuild, can see holiday hot spots jammers at the start.

Don't see this being the case this year. I know quantas said that but I can't see Ryanair insisting on vaccine and if Spain took people eiymthout vaccine in 2020, I can't see them refusing us in 2021. May be requirement next year though

AFK123 wrote: »
    Don't see this being the case this year. I know quantas said that but I can't see Ryanair insisting on vaccine and if Spain took people eiymthout vaccine in 2020, I can't see them refusing us in 2021. May be requirement next year though

There wasn't a vaccine though before and there is now, can't see countries letting people in if there is vaccine and people don't have it (they need to protect their people and economies too).

Is Portugal in mid September realistic? (Assuming my wife and I have been vaccinated by then). I personally don't see any reason why holiday travel couldn't happen around then

In theory you should be ok, supply of airline seats and hotels may not be back up which could affect prices and/or availability.

In theory you should be ok, supply of airline seats and hotels may not be back up which could affect prices and/or availability.

I’m looking towards Spain and Portugal in September too. Not booking yet though and certainly not booking anything that can’t be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

We have Spain booked for August and hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭johnire

I completely agree with you. No country is going to want to have to have it's health service have to provide care to tourists with Covid- can you imagine the negative press there would be?
    There wasn't a vaccine though before and there is now, can't see countries letting people in if there is vaccine and people don't have it (they need to protect their people and economies too).

We're the same. Realistically I think you're looking at September before you'll have any peace of mind to travel.
    I’m looking towards Spain and Portugal in September too. Not booking yet though and certainly not booking anything that can’t be changed

johnire wrote: »
    We're the same. Realistically I think you're looking at September before you'll have any peace of mind to travel.

What do you think about booking?

That's the million dollar question!!
    I honestly don't know. The only thing I can say is what we're doing is waiting to book until we've had our vaccines. Then we'll just play it by ear. I think for this year we're just going to have to roll with it and see what happens.
    What do you think about booking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

I'm looking to book Dubai for around August for my bday
    Myself and parnter have Bali booked for December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Don't book flights abroad you inbred morons.

Unfortunately summer will probably be a write off. Deal with it and maybe do a staycation instead.

Morons.
    While I do agree with your sentiments, I do feel you need to take a chill pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Portugal with the new Brazilian variant on the lose? Forget it. Flights this year will be a nightmare with Covid testing needed on both sides in advance of flying and quarantine too, not worth the hassle.

I’m just afraid everyone has the same idea and flights will get very expensive if you wait

I’m just afraid everyone has the same idea and flights will get very expensive if you wait

Another way of looking at it is, everywhere in Spain and Portugal is going the be jammers as people try and squeeze in a summer holiday ASAP.

So go somewhere different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

So go somewhere different?

I was thinking Iceland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Booking a holiday “early” is always a gamble. Not to harp on about it but there’s clearly more variables now than ever and you can see here how many different opinions you’ll get

Mr brother in law is on his 6th booking since a postponed trip last Easter.

I haven’t booked anything and I’m not as frustrated / pissed off as he has been but he still thinks his way is right. He might be right but it’s all down to personal choices

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I was thinking Iceland :)

February is a great time to vist Iceland.

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Booking a holiday “early” is always a gamble.

Best thing to do is put a deposit down 50 or 100 is normally the normal then dont pay anymore until the last day it needs to be payed incase you have to cancel, I had to cancel a trip to Asia a couple of years ago we payed in full and took ages to get our money back.

Advertisement