Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Listening to the album here now & I love it! Few really good tunes on there, best since SUP or BB for sure, I will be buyin it of course on release to support the band I just couldn't resist when I found it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    Listening to the album here now & I love it! Few really good tunes on there, best since SUP or BB for sure, I will be buyin it of course on release to support the band I just couldn't resist when I found it

Ah i say there very fine financially without your support but fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm just waiting for my physical copy to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

fyfe79 wrote: »
    How do you know you're not listening to "Rock or Bust"?

What I've heard is so generic, it's untrue. Isn't this all ideas previously left on the cutting floor by Malcolm? AND not considered good enough for Rock or Bust, which were also old ideas.

I've seen a few interviews with Angus and the songwriting process is that the brothers Young have amassed boxes and boxes of tapes containing partial song ideas and riffs that they would revisit when writing each album. It's not entirely fair to say that each album is a product of what was left over from the previous one, but Angus did also say that some of the songs on this latest album are things which they didn't finish when writing Black Ice. Not that they didn't want to finish them, but that they felt they had enough material.

Anyway, quite liking the new album. It's a more consistent listen than Rock or Bust although the lead single isn't as strong as Play Ball, imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

fluke wrote: »

great riff i like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've only got about three quarters of the way through listening to the new album. It's pretty solid.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've only got about three quarters of the way through listening to the new album. It's pretty solid.

Compared to the last 3 albums?

Yeah it is a pretty good album but a lot of it sounds the same

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah it is a pretty good album but a lot of it sounds the same

Is this your first time hearing a AC/DC album?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

It’s AC/DC so nothing new to see/hear on this but some great songs on it. So far really enjoying rejection, through the mists of time, the witches spell and demons fire.

Really hope to see them on tour with this when things get back to normal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rainagain

saw this in the comments of the irish times piece, link to photos from 1979 Olympic Ballroom gig https://jamesmahonblog.wordpress.com/2020/11/14/ac-dc-olympic-ballroom-aug-20-1979/

rainagain wrote: »
    saw this in the comments of the irish times piece, link to photos from 1979 Olympic Ballroom gig https://jamesmahonblog.wordpress.com/2020/11/14/ac-dc-olympic-ballroom-aug-20-1979/

They always keep the same stage presence no matter the year and whos in the band going by those pics impressive

Realize is one of the best songs off the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

After a week, I'm enjoying Power Up so much more than Black Ice and Rock or Bust.
    It's seems to have a lot of the Bluesy-ness of Stiff Upper lip.
    Demon Fire (Could've been a bonus track on SUL) Witches Spell and Kick you when you're down are getting Plenty of play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

After a week, I'm enjoying Power Up so much more than Black Ice and Rock or Bust.
    It's seems to have a lot of the Bluesy-ness of Stiff Upper lip.
    Demon Fire (Could've been a bonus track on SUL) Witches Spell and Kick you when you're down are getting Plenty of play time.

Stuff Upper Lip is my favourite of the last 3, so that bodes well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great Record,
    Particularly loving 'Through The Mists Of Time'
    Sounds quite sentimental, can't help thinking about Malcolm when I listen to it

126785738_10159016919167930_5855958652010300271_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UeT6Nw3Zmd0AX_6IRwy&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8c5fd172a4f1f8a81cb556d5812c7fd3&oe=5FE4989E

With the album number 1 in Ireland, Slane Castle is defiantly a runner now for a gig in summer 2022 (Cant see it happening in 2021)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

rainagain wrote: »

listening to highway to hell atm night prowler the abv tour-wheres this place olympic ballroom great photos bon in full flight

shazbot nanu nanu

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Catchier than I was expecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga5qfM2-kog

• Advertisement

I'm liking it more and more with each listen. It's nothing groundbreaking from them, but then again - nobody does it quite like them either - good songs, good groove all the way through - no complaints here!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brian has a book coming out in October, can't imagine it will expose any dark secrets, but it should be entertaining, wonder what will he say about leaving the band in 2016.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-johnson-the-lives-of-brian/

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0408/1208660-two-slane-concerts-eyed-for-2022/

As is tradition, AC/DC for slane 2022

Perfect and possibly only time for them to finally play the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0408/1208660-two-slane-concerts-eyed-for-2022/

As is tradition, AC/DC for slane 2022

Perfect and possibly only time for them to finally play the venue

Bastard of a spot to get in and out for Gig .. But probally the only Band I would consider making that Journey for

afro man wrote: »
    Bastard of a spot to get in and out for Gig .. But probally the only Band I would consider making that Journey for

Camp. I've been to Slane loads and never had the hassle of getting in and out as I've arrived the day before and left the day after.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

First went to Slane for Guns in 2017, vowed when i left the only band to make me go there again would be Metallica, this was highly improbable too.

Leaving Slane at end of Metallica and vowed the only other band to drag me there would be DC

Awesome iconic venue but getting out is a disaster, i only live up the road in Trim so not as bad as most others

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I thought the band was done when the last tour ended, I'd bite your hand off to go through the living hell of leaving Slane again, in fact I'd walk there barefoot if it meant I got to see them one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If AC/DC are announced for Slane I am 100000% going to go....

...to another country to see them - f*ck that castle and it's very existence as a "venue"!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Camp. I've been to Slane loads and never had the hassle of getting in and out as I've arrived the day before and left the day after.

Penfailed … 3 days in a tent in Slane I think id give it a miss

• Advertisement

Penfailed … 3 days in a tent in Slane I think id give it a miss

The joys of having a campervan.

Advertisement