Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Reminds me of FOTS or FOTW era sound, hopefully the rest of the album is as good.
    Every song can be linked back to ridin' or drinkin', never change men, never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vintage AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Vintage AC/DC

Calm down Maggle!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Was anyone expecting them to come out with an operatic prog metal concept album?

People sneer at bands who stick to a set formula their entire career and whinge if they do something completely different, one of those situations where you can't win, after all the drama surrounding ROB I'm delighted to get another album out of them, don't think anyone is deluded enough to think it'll be anywhere near their 77-80 heyday, but it's something to look forward to, if it's on the same level as SUL/BI then I'd be happy with that.

Yeah same here. Though I fear the quality control has dipped since Malcolm's exit just before they released Rock or Bust, which to my ears the lacked the blues rock of the 95 to 08 albums, and recalled the stadium rock excess of For Those About To Rock right up to The Razor's Edge.

• Advertisement

overdrive have a gig announcement friday

Could it be AC/DC for an outdoor summer show (Slane :o) or Autumn 2021 3Arena show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    overdrive have a gig announcement friday

Could it be AC/DC for an outdoor summer show (Slane :o) or Autumn 2021 3Arena show

But why though? What's the point in having a gig announced right now?

You need to forget about gigs for a while, find another hobby in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Has AC/DC ever recorded a song with acoustic guitars out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Granadino wrote: »

No. Thats like Kiss taking their make up off. No one wanted to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

https://youtu.be/AaA7n33zWak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Such an inspiring band, they just keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Of course. Have you not seen ACDC doing "MTV Unplugged" from circa 1993?

"Giving the Dog a Bone" is a particular highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I was talking to a friend of mine in LA last night. He started a podcast from his couch nine years ago. Today, he became the first person to ever interview AC/DC for a podcast.

I'm pretty freakin' stoked for him right now.

Dean Delray - Let There Be Talk - Episode #555 - Brian Johnson and Angus Young

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I was talking to a friend of mine in LA last night. He started a podcast from his couch nine years ago. Today, he became the first person to ever interview AC/DC for a podcast.

He's a friend of yours? I've been following his podcasts on and off, mostly on, for a good few years now.
    Brian Johnson was on an English military podcast recently, but it wasn't an AC/DC podcast I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I've been following him as well, some good stuff on there.

They haven't done any acoustic guitar stuff, but damn it I wish Angus would incorporate the slide into his guitar playing more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bill Burr gave him a shout out on his Podcast too.

The sample of Demon Fire has me a bit more up for this album even if the chorus reminds me of their 80's output (excluding Back in Black).

What do people here think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Penfailed

fluke wrote: »
    The sample of Demon Fire has me a bit more up for this album even if the chorus reminds me of their 80's output (excluding Back in Black).

What do people here think?

Link?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Penfailed

fluke wrote: »

Hmmm...it's paint-by-numbers AC/DC IMHO.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Hmmm...it's paint-by-numbers AC/DC IMHO.

Think the whole album will be like that TBH. Black Ice was something of a classic record and return to form for the band and while ROB had it's moments it's not essential AC/DC.

In any event, a new AC/DC album is something to be welcomed and hopefully and perhaps more importantly, a worldwide tour in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

The album appears to have leaked...

blastman wrote: »

It has. Seems someone jumped the gun 2 weeks ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

blastman wrote: »

How do you know you're not listening to "Rock or Bust"?

What I've heard is so generic, it's untrue. Isn't this all ideas previously left on the cutting floor by Malcolm? AND not considered good enough for Rock or Bust, which were also old ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

fyfe79 wrote: »

What I've heard is so generic, it's untrue. Isn't this all ideas previously left on the cutting floor by Malcolm? AND not considered good enough for Rock or Bust, which were also old ideas.

This is like resetting the Hitler clock...:rolleyes::D

fyfe79 wrote: »

Really who cares? I'm just glad all the boys are back together again and it makes 2020 a little less ****.

• Advertisement

Generic as **** but still great

Cant wait to hear it been blasted in Slane Castle in the near future :p:p:p:o

Advertisement