Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Been lashing on and off all night near th Glen of the Downs - snizzle first followed by loud hail followed by mix of everything - rotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Temperature around 0,despite the - 5 that was forecast, but everything is frozen solid, fun drive to work ahead...

Our temps stayed stable all night long as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another bright crisp day in Galway. It's great to see 2 frosty mornings in a row.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Apparently the SSW event might not help us in the short term re cold, events in the Pacific atmospherically will keep it zonal from next week, ie the Atlantic will be back. As flagged already by other posters, we may have to wait another 2 weeks to see if we go back to blocked. It's frustrating chasing the cold. We have some now, but it's not going to deliver the jackpot, just a small dividend to keep us interested. Keep on eye on the models in about 5 to 7 days to see the trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭pad199207

I don’t think I’ve ever seen black ice as bad in this country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pad199207 wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen black ice as bad in this country

Bad enough down in Cork in places. Footpaths lethal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Met Éireann aviation chart for 12Z has an area covering all of Ireland and the UK. In it they give rain/sleet showers, with "precipitation falling as snow on mountains above 2000 ft mainly north UK"

Freezing level over Ireland ~2000 ft (600 m)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From Met Eireann

Minimum air temperatures overnight at our 25 synoptic weather stations ranged from -4.2°C at Gurteen to 5.4°C at Malin Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cold enough here for snow, but the showers just cannot make it to here.

In south Laois it is +0.2c and mostly cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Some Streamers are making it well inland, showers on hills above Carlow and also reports from North Kilkenny:

https://twitter.com/deeque73/status/1346033052913455105?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Snowing away in Kildare South. Was ready to unleash a rant as it started as rain but it's sticking away. A shame the heavier showers aren't really making it to me. Local WOW is 0.3c and DP of -0.1.

EDIT - back edge of the shower is back to rain. So much for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

"Met Eireann Ireland weather as four snow days confirmed with event causing 'Beast from East happening again' - Dublin Live" https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/meteireann-irelandweather-snow-beastfromtheeast-dublin-19557371.amp

Shaking my head.... Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

"Met Eireann Ireland weather as four snow days confirmed with event causing 'Beast from East happening again' - Dublin Live" https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/meteireann-irelandweather-snow-beastfromtheeast-dublin-19557371.amp

Don't even post the link. Those idiots don't deserve the clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

that's some sentence construction

A good explanation just posted by Met Eireann on SSW and it’s potential effects.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/meteorologists-commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A good explanation just posted by Met Eireann on SSW and it’s potential effects.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/meteorologists-commentary

so in summary

could be wet crap from the west or cold stuff from the east

like every other day

lawred2 wrote: »
    so in summary

like every other day

Yeah true but still interesting to watch how it plays out.

Snowing in Durrow, south Laois. Moderate but flakes are fine and small. +0.4c/-0.2cDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

lawred2 wrote: »
    so in summary

like every other day

Hardly call what happened in 2018 like every other day. Not saying we will get the same as 2018,we may end up with fa of course......

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Gone very dark, something brewing...... off Lambay Island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Just putting the milk in now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ah I'd love a snow event to start this year but I'm not that lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Cloudy but bright here in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cloudy but bright here in wexford.

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

vicwatson wrote: »
    Where?
    South west of the county.

Temperatures up to +0.9c now with a +0.3cDP. Cloudy to my east with another shower incoming, wouldn't be surprised if that is just sleet here in south Laois.

Good to see the Irish sea streamers getting going, need more oomph in them though if anywhere is to see any worthwhile accumulations away from higher ground.

Danno wrote: »
    Temperatures up to +0.9c now with a +0.3cDP. Cloudy to my east with another shower incoming, wouldn't be surprised if that is just sleet here in south Laois.

Good to see the Irish sea streamers getting going, need more oomph in them though if anywhere is to see any worthwhile accumulations away from higher ground.

Wet snow - light enough. +1.1c now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Snowing here now in my part of south Laois 126masl:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just been the most horrible wet rainy damp couple of days in Dublin. Give me 12c and windy over this crap any day.

Advertisement