Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nody wrote: »
    Ok a long day of playing around with the research and this is what I've found:

1) Field research - keep deleting the tasks until you get balls (5 red/3 blue) if you need them, dust (if you need it) or random reward (which is a rare spawn you go into battle with directly) and possibly 1 raid candy
    Overall it's meaningless beyond getting the badge but can give a minor bonus to your daily grind and chance for rare spawns if you want them. I've deleted 50+ as I kept getting versions with fruit and simply kept going
    2) Special research you can accelerate the steps (I'm on 3 out of 8 atm) but you only get one stamp a day; got a feeling that there will be one reward for 7 stamps (but not required to be 7 days in a row) and another for completing a research package. The special research is significantly higher requirements (level 3 was win 2 gym battles, 2 raids and be at least level 15 as example; before that need to cast 10 great throws etc.) but rewards are much better as well for completing the three tasks.

I think the stamps are only associated with field and not special research. Once you hit 8/8 its when the mythical will appear in the special side of things.

The field side is where legendary pokemon will appear, some guesses on reddit reckon this could change every month to a different legendary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Congrats, thats the same IVs as my only Mewtwo :P
    I was gutted for one person at the raid. It was their first Mewtwo raid, and they didn't catch it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

syboit wrote: »
    I think the stamps are only associated with field and not special research. Once you hit 8/8 its when the mythical will appear in the special side of things.

The field side is where legendary pokemon will appear, some guesses on reddit reckon this could change every month to a different legendary.

Thats what I was wondering about the Special Research , if there was some link to it taking 6/7 days , but persumely if not then people have stamps with the same date ?

Rooy wrote: »
    Thats what I was wondering about the Special Research , if there was some link to it taking 6/7 days , but persumely if not then people have stamps with the same date ?

Yeah, so its just the one stamp per day, end of the 7 days it should yield a legendary pokemon. Its been confirmed on reddit which one it is, but no idea yet does it change every week (7 stamps) or every month.

Yeah, so its just the one stamp per day, end of the 7 days it should yield a legendary pokemon. Its been confirmed on reddit which one it is, but no idea yet does it change every week (7 stamps) or every month.

Got it , just realised the header with the stamps is for Field only ! , though there was a seperate one for Field and Special ,d'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd doubt weekly since it would become very hard to track it (i.e. who ever missed one day would lose the chance completely) and it would enable people a second chance if the damn 'mon runs on the first ball etc. Also curious how they will handle the second set; those are some damn high requirements towards the end after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Nody wrote: »
    I'd doubt weekly since it would become very hard to track it (i.e. who ever missed one day would lose the chance completely) and it would enable people a second chance if the damn 'mon runs on the first ball etc. Also curious how they will handle the second set; those are some damn high requirements towards the end after all.

Hey there - you might be confusing the two tasks - the stamps (for the weekly present) are very easy to obtain - i.e. throw 5 balls etc.

The mew task is much harder and can only be completed once - apparently trainers only get one mew (100% catch rate and 0% flee rate). But each set of 3 conditions can be completed in less than a day i.e. you could theoretically complete all goals within 1 day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

2 ppl in Boston Facebook group that Im in have caught Mew as of last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of the people in the Galway group has a Mew as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Step 5/8 was the one I was sweating over. Thankfully managed to complete it this morning. Not in too much of a rush to get Mew now, I can enjoy the rest of the tasks a bit. I’ll still have it this week or next

• Advertisement

Couple of mew's in Cork starting to appear too. Finally got azurill from 2k this morning, no shinies but happy getting that final baby.

Caught a ditto soon after, might have been more chuffed with that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    Step 5/8 was the one I was sweating over. Thankfully managed to complete it this morning. Not in too much of a rush to get Mew now, I can enjoy the rest of the tasks a bit. I’ll still have it this week or next
    5/8 is just trash collection until lucky; I'm much more annoyed with evolving the fish as I already got 2 max leveled Gyarados and really don't care to have to walk out a third one...

seen a post on reddit earlier, you don't need to get the field research stamps with 7 days in a row. You can skip a day and still get the next stamp filled.

Anyone catch a shiny murkrow yet ?

seen a post on reddit earlier, you don't need to get the field research stamps with 7 days in a row. You can skip a day and still get the next stamp filled.

Well field research can be completed but not claimed on a given day and then claimed on a later day to get the stamp. Hence in practice you can have 3 days of stamps ready at any time to handle future days for when you can't get out and do them if you don't mind losing the reward bonuses due to no free slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I caught one today :D

Murkrow%20Shiny_zpstypfxpoe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow I've only got 51 magikarp candy right now, that's some serious walking and catching to do there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mew is the gen 1 mythical, Celebi gen 2 and Jirachi and Deoxys gen 3 wonder how long before we see them added

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are any of the gym scanning sites still working?

josip wrote: »
    Are any of the gym scanning sites still working?
    I think they (Niantec) broke/stopped the interface to the servers for it to work but I'd happily be proven wrong.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware they aren't working right now.

• Advertisement

Wow I've only got 51 magikarp candy right now, that's some serious walking and catching to do there now.

The one plus side to chasing every Magikarp I ever saw for a year in the hopes that one would be shiny, I’m sitting on over 4000 Magikarp candy.

I went ahead anyway and completed the Special quest earlier this morning.

I'm on 236 Magikarp candy, so I'm not *that* badly off for it. It'll still take a while, but hopefully I'll get lucky with some decent spawns.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendary-latioslatias/

Latios and Latias are the next legendary bosses up.

Angron wrote: »
    https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendary-latioslatias/

Latios and Latias are the next legendary bosses up.

I honestly wouldn’t mind a break from level 5 raids for a few weeks.

It would be nice, yeah, but I can't see Niantic being that accommodating cause that won't sell premium raid passes.

I see a lot of people working hard to get Mew , Im happy enough to take it in my stride , probably wont be another Special Research project for a while , Im at stage 5 , still waiting on Ditto , and another 4 Ghost types.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

since friday ive picked up 6 ditto, but havent gotten to that stage in the special research yet, when i get there i can imagine i wont find any :P

Further on the Latios/Latias raids: "The Legendary Pokémon Latias will appear in Raid Battles across Europe and Asia, while Latios will appear in North America, South America, and Africa. On May 8, the Eon Pokémon will switch locations and will be available until June 5." So, that's the time frame we have to work with.

Also this is the final addition to the eggs hatched not listed earlier (though if added up I'm sure it will be lower as I may missed some common / rare once); used up 78 quick hatchers, 1 normal (miss clicks) and no idea how many unlimited (but guesstimating around 30 to 40) for around 260 eggs hatched in the end.
    • 7x Aaron
    • 1x Anorith
    • 2x Azurill
    • 2x Bagon
    • 6x Barboach
    • 5x Beldum
    • 1x Cacnea
    • 1x Carvanha
    • 1x Chansey
    • 4x Cleffa
    • 2x Corphish
    • 1x Dratini
    • 2x Eevee
    • 9x Elekid
    • 2x Feebas
    • 3x Igglybuff
    • 1x Kabuto
    • 3x Larvitar
    • 1x Lotad
    • 2x Machop
    • 5x Magby
    • 3x Mantine
    • 3x Mareep
    • 1x Marill
    • 2x Mudkip
    • 1x Nosepass
    • 1x Numel
    • 2x Omanyte
    • 1x Onix
    • 7x Pichu
    • 1x Pineco
    • 3x Poochyena
    • 1x Porygon
    • 1x Ralts
    • 1x Scyther
    • 2x Shelldar
    • 1x Shroomish
    • 1x Slakoth
    • 9x Smoochum
    • 9x Swablu
    • 2x Swinub
    • 1x Taillow
    • 2x Tangela
    • 2x Togpei
    • 1x Torchic
    • 3x Trapinch
    • 1x Treecko
    • 7x Tyrogue
    • 5x Wailmer
    • 1x Wingull
    • 2x Wynaut
    Annoying part being of the 4 ultra rare spawns I was missing I got 3 duplicates on 5 spawns (3 Wynauts, 2 Chansey)... Upside being I'm ignoring all but 10k eggs now as I got all other spawns out of them I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Got my mew today - cp1304 (87-91ivs) - luckily was with my wife so managed to get some ar shots of wife with the Mew.

Kanto dex complete - 151 in the dex.

359/365 overall :)

Advertisement