Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Magenta wrote: »
    No, they don't.

Yes there are. Are you sure your boots are real?

:D LOL Ugg Battle!

lizt wrote: »
    Just wondering - can you get wide fitting uggs?

Certain brands are different fitting so your bound to get the perfect pair, anyway they stretch like mad. Can't be bothered with the whole "Ugg Austrailia" label me, I just bought dif ones same quality for €80 with a slighty wider calf in them cos I like them loose. Horrible looking things but I always have cold feet so I don't care they solve that problem :D my fluffy granny booties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

:D LOL Ugg Battle!

ha ha ha yeah LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Have you heard that UGG is to collaborate with Jimmy Choo????? http://pipeline.refinery29.com/news/ugg_jimmy_choo_collaboration.php

Have you heard that UGG is to collaborate with Jimmy Choo????? http://pipeline.refinery29.com/news/ugg_jimmy_choo_collaboration.php

Yes their calling the new line "Hideous"

Alot of Jimmy Choo shoes I see are horrible it's 50/50 it's either nice or not, yes we all know uggs are ugly but wear them for the pure comfort & warmth factors (well most of us). Regardless if that does go ahead no matter how hideous the items are they'll still sell for the name on them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Yes their calling the new line "Hideous"

Alot of Jimmy Choo shoes I see are horrible it's 50/50 it's either nice or not, yes we all know uggs are ugly but wear them for the pure comfort & warmth factors (well most of us). Regardless if that does go ahead no matter how hideous the items are they'll still sell for the name on them!

I'd imagine they are going to horrendous!

peppapig24 wrote: »
    If you go onto the main UGG Australia Site they have a list of all authorized retailers in the UK and US and uggstop isnt listed.

You answered the lady's post incorrectly. The poster asked someone to recommend uggstop.com for buying UGG boots. She did not ask you to recommend uggstop.com for buying UGG AUSTRALIA boots. People like you need to realise that UGG AUSTRALIA are not the only makers of real UGG boots, hell I wouldn't even call their boots UGG AUSTRALIA. I cannot say weather or not uggstop.com stock genuine real UGG boots myself. I'd like to reinterate the following:

It's actually funny to read the posts from people who think boots that are not labelled UGG Australia are not real UGG boots. I remember reading an article about the matter before. Real UGG boots are sheepskin boots lined with wool. UGG Australia are not the only real UGG boots, if even real themselves. Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a USA owned company, have the exclusive right to the name UGG in Europe and the USA, as it is a registered trademark. No other genuine manufacturers of UGG boots can use UGG in their products. This is not the case is Australia where there are multiple manufacturers of UGG boots and no one company has the sole right to use the word UGG for their boots. UGG Australia has no connections with Australia whatsoever, they are made in China. If you want REAL, HIGH QUALITY, AUSTRALIAN MADE UGG boots then they will be an Australian brand and not UGG Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

No, the W fit is wider than the fit of the boots with no W.
    And I wear the Classic Tall and they are only available for women.

Pretty sure the W stands for "women" because in the States, women's sizes are men's sizes plus 2 so a men's size 7 is a woman's size 9. I've the same label on my Vans so I don't think it has anything to do with width AND both of the times I bought mine in reputable shops in the US, I was never asked did I want a wide fitting which leads me to believe a wide fitting does not exist.

Pretty sure the W stands for "women" because in the States, women's sizes are men's sizes plus 2 so a men's size 7 is a woman's size 9. I've the same label on my Vans so I don't think it has anything to do with width AND both of the times I bought mine in reputable shops in the US, I was never asked did I want a wide fitting which leads me to believe a wide fitting does not exist.

Again, Classic Tall is only available for women, not men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Can you show me a classic tall that doesnt say W? You go on about Ugg Australia boots that dont say W on the inside? Which ones do you have that dont say W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    In general if someone was buying a new pair we would recommend spraying them once or twice a week with protector spray for a few weeks just to get a bit of protection on them, but for stains the kit or a cleaner at the very least would be needed.

Ive ordered uggs and ordered the protector spray - does the spray affect the colour at all on lighter coloured 1s? eg. grey

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Can you show me a classic tall that doesnt say W? You go on about Ugg Australia boots that dont say W on the inside? Which ones do you have that dont say W.

If you read my previous posts you will see that I said that my Ugg boots do say W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Again, Classic Tall is only available for women, not men.

But why would they make a different label for Uggs that are only for women? That'd be such a ridiculous thing to do instead of doing the logical thing which is use the same style of label for all their footwear. I'm telling you, it's because of the American way of sizing, a size 8 for women isn't the same as a size 8 for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

sar84 wrote: »
    Ive ordered uggs and ordered the protector spray - does the spray affect the colour at all on lighter coloured 1s? eg. grey

No not at all, it aborbs pretty fast.
    Check out this video here if you are unsure how to do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFFUqrDnPI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

You answered the lady's post incorrectly. The poster asked someone to recommend uggstop.com for buying UGG boots. She did not ask you to recommend uggstop.com for buying UGG AUSTRALIA boots. People like you need to realise that UGG AUSTRALIA are not the only makers of real UGG boots, hell I wouldn't even call their boots UGG AUSTRALIA. I cannot say weather or not uggstop.com stock genuine real UGG boots myself. I'd like to reinterate the following:

It's actually funny to read the posts from people who think boots that are not labelled UGG Australia are not real UGG boots. I remember reading an article about the matter before. Real UGG boots are sheepskin boots lined with wool. UGG Australia are not the only real UGG boots, if even real themselves. Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a USA owned company, have the exclusive right to the name UGG in Europe and the USA, as it is a registered trademark. No other genuine manufacturers of UGG boots can use UGG in their products. This is not the case is Australia where there are multiple manufacturers of UGG boots and no one company has the sole right to use the word UGG for their boots. UGG Australia has no connections with Australia whatsoever, they are made in China. If you want REAL, HIGH QUALITY, AUSTRALIAN MADE UGG boots then they will be an Australian brand and not UGG Australia.

I bought a pair from uggstop nearly 4 years ago. They're not UGG Australia but they still are really good quality. I'd bought cheapy ones in town before where the sole was just glued on - useless! Have since replaced them with a pair of UGG Australia I bought when I was in the States this year, but would still not be bothered paying Irish prices for them. uggstop are good value for what they are, as long as the label doesn't bother ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

popppy wrote: »
    I have a voucher for Brown Thomas so was hoping to get them there but might have a look on line for them, only prob with getting them in US is the flippin tax you have to pay on them......Cheers lala

Even with tax they'd still be a lot cheaper. 200$ is about 120e, i'd say tax would be about 60e max. You're still saving 100e if they cost 300 here.

Re the point about the wide feet and Uggs, whatever the 'normal' ones are, they fit my wide feet very well so just get those.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Thanks everyone for the replies - didn't mean to start a war!!

Buy Canterbury Uggs, they're only €60-€90 and exact same quality as Ugg Australia. I have a pair over a year getting constant use in mud and rain and the life walked out of them and only thing wrong with them is on the soles the part under the ball of my foot is wearing down ... Am I'm even surprised it took this long to wear them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tenuto

Can anyone tell me if folding down your Classic tall Uggs leaves a permanent crease in the suede?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tulip07

Hi folks,

This is for anyone who isn't too bothered about having "UGG" displayed on the back of their boot but still wants a genuine pair.

I just bought a pair of Emus on-line for €129 from www.naturshop.co.nz. They are the genuine article.....are exactly what I ordered and I'm delighted with them plus I saved myself a fortune. Order was despatched from NZ on 11th Jan and arrived yesterday afternoon...7 days to get here, not too shabby IMO.

They are the exact same as the branded Ugg but have EMU on the back of the heel. I got a pair of the Stingers high, which have a re-inforced heel so none of that awful collapsing heel syndrome that is seen all over town with the F(ake)Uggs:D

I don't have any affiliation with the web-site other than being a very satisfied customer and just thought I'd lthrow it out there for anyone who might be interested.
    Tulip07

• Advertisement

Tulip07 wrote: »
    I just bought a pair of Emus on-line for €129 from www.naturshop.co.nz

I can vouch for them they are great and cheap, and wise move on the stinger ones Tulip07 cos the quality of them is better than the Bronte.

Only reason people don't like the Emu's is cos of the shape and look of the sole .... very odd!

How did you find the fit and size of your Emu's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tulip07

Hi ha-ya....

Fit and size is grand...but I did follow the instructions for sizing to the letter i.e. measuring my foot with a ruler etc rather than just going by my own shoe size. Plus a lot of the testimonials on their web-site suggested going a size smaller....so it turned out the 3 was a perfect fit.

I had been looking at the Bronte ones but the re-inforced heel swung it....defintely didn't want that fugg look from behind :eek:

Can't say I noticed anything weird about the shape and look of the sole...nothing that put me off anyway. Really glad I got them now....over the past week while waiting patiently for the post-man I noticed branded UGG's everywhere.....a bit like the mass influx of Burberry bags a few years ago:)

Have to say the whole label issue is wearing off tho Tulip07, see alot of "just sheepskin" ones around lol I haven't seen anyone with the Canterbury ones, I bought them cos they worked out just under €85 and read somewhere they used to manufacture for Deckers outdoor. Exact same quality as Ugg australia and have the reinforced heel in them too. €250-€300 for a pair of granny boots is mad anyway lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

People like you need to realise that UGG AUSTRALIA are not the only makers of real UGG boots, hell I wouldn't even call their boots UGG AUSTRALIA. I cannot say weather or not uggstop.com stock genuine real UGG boots myself.

Jaysus Robertt, woah the pony a sec. UGG Australia are the brand that popularised Ugg boots across Europe and the US and for that reason, people have come to associate that brand as being retailers of good quality, authentic Ugg boots. There's nothing wrong with that seeing as this brand are responsible for initiating the current mass demand for Ugg boots.

Some other retailers have understandably hopped on the sheepskin bandwagon and are duping consumers into handing over large sums for lesser quality products and therein lies the consumers need to receive reassurance regarding a brand's authenticity. At the end of the day, if you're happy with your choice of boots, others peoples choices shouldn't concern you.

Now, can anyone tell me if they've used the Clark's Protector spray on their boots? :) I've always used the M&S one and unfortunately, it can't be gotten anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Got My UGG's in America for 130 dollars which is not too bad cheaper than BT's. Also got EMU's but in Honesty the UGGS are alot more comfortable!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

well, I finally got over my UGGs issues and bought a pair of the Ultra Tall in black. It was mainly a functional thing. Where I live we seem to be having an extra cold winter. I have other boots, but I wanted something that would be easy to quickly tuck my jeans or trousers into and would keep my feet warm.

The Ultra style has a more sturdy sole, wich is rubber and lugged, and more arch support. Hopelly they will stand up to all the walking I do. The are very warm and very comfortable, which is what I neeeded. I can't say that I love the way they look, but until the temps go up above the freezing point I just don't care anymore. Was getting so sick of numb toes!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Anyone order from this website? Am wondering if prices are too good to be true for genuine Ugg Australia uggs. http://www.uggboots-sale.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

is it still possible to get kensington uggs? (the biker ones)..
    i had 2 different people looking for them for my in the US and neither could find them - im heartbroken :( .

and either way, what is the cheapest way to go about getting a pair of genuine ugg australia ugg boots, (either kensington or classic tall in grey)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

PlayGirl wrote: »
    is it still possible to get kensington uggs? (the biker ones)..
    i had 2 different people looking for them for my in the US and neither could find them - im heartbroken :( .

No, they are gone. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Pythia wrote: »
    No, they are gone. :(

Noooooooooooo :(

How much are classic tall grey ones ?

Advertisement