Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

30-07-2009, 01:50   #46

12 Week Blowdry

Hi

I got the 12 week blowdry natural straigntening treatment done on my hair in a new salon in Mayo last weekend. I absolutely love the results! My hair feels so soft and healthy and has never looked in better shape. My hair is natually very thick and can be so unruley but since I've had the treatment done, it has been poker straight. It's being so easy to dry too.

Not only is it easy on my hair, but also on my pocket! My treatment was only 120 euro and I have ALOT of hair! Definitely alot cheaper than those expensive prices in Dublin. I would highly recommend it to everyone. The salon is called The Styling Room and is based in Shrule, Co Mayo. The staff are lovely and very professional. I'll definitely be returning for my next treatment.

If anyone needs the number, just PM me.
Advertisement
03-08-2009, 18:38   #47
maameeo

just wondering... those who got the treatment, how was the 3 days of not washing or tying your hair back???
that puts me off it a bit! lol
03-08-2009, 19:00   #48
foodaholic

taking the plunge booked mine cant wait
04-08-2009, 00:08   #49

Just to let some of you know this product is not always chemical free. make sure you ask if the salon is using the formaldehyde free version. They are also available in 2% and 4%.

The formaldehyde free only works up to 80% on most clients. The 2% will work up to 95%, the 4% is only really used on afro hair.

The salon should have the shampoo and condition for you to use. They recommend that you use ones that are Sodium chloride and Sodium Laureth free.
09-08-2009, 09:48   #50
toadfly

Thanks Shello... is ur hair very long? Does the price depend on the lenght of the hair? Barrys on shop st in galway do it now as well but dont know the price...they charge €50 to cut your hair so can imagine it would be as cheap as Mayo.

might be getting it done in shrule!!
Advertisement
10-08-2009, 10:08   #51

TillyGirl, My hair would be medium to long in length. How long would yours be? You should definitely get it done in the salon in Shrule, I was very happy with my results
10-08-2009, 10:55   #52
toadfly

Thanks for the info Shello! mine is below my shoulders. rang and made appointment for 28th August so fingers crossed! I forgot to ask her, she said its a bit different to what is done in the salon in Dublin, is it chemical free do you know? god I hope it works!
10-08-2009, 11:04   #53

Yes, its chemical free as far as I know. It's a natural treatment. I was concerned about that too, last thing I wanna do is wreck my hair!! Fingers crossed it works well for you. You'll have to let me know how you get on!
10-08-2009, 11:09   #54
toadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shello-Jello View Post
Yes, its chemical free as far as I know. It's a natural treatment. I was concerned about that too, last thing I wanna do is wreck my hair!! Fingers crossed it works well for you. You'll have to let me know how you get on!
I will do, hope it works, my hair is practically an afro!! Is it the same as what others are saying, no washing or touching for 3 days? thats why I booked it for that weekend I have the Monday off work anyway, dont fancy going to work with hair not washed for 3 days!

Thanks again
Advertisement
10-08-2009, 11:18   #55

Yep...no washing our putting up your hair for 3 days. I thought this would be hell but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought! The three days flew by but doing it at the weekend is definitely the best option!

No problem, dying to know how it works for ya
10-08-2009, 11:21   #56
toadfly

Cool thanks, I will report back! Fingers crossed!
12-08-2009, 08:26   #57
toadfly

swimming...

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows if chlorine can damage or reverse the treatment? I am joining a gym this evening and plan on going swimming 3 times a week....anyone know??!!

dont wanna fork out that much and for it to be ruined! Will ring the salon later but just wondering if anyone knows?

Thanks
12-08-2009, 10:18   #58

No it wont damage or reverse the treatment, but it's advised you should wait at least a week after you have it done before you go swimming.
12-08-2009, 12:17   #59
curly from cork

12 wk B/D

available in cork now. ikon in drawbridge st. same price as dublin i think
12-08-2009, 22:55   #60

dave egans in broadale in cork does permanent straightening and has been for ages. got it done myself a yr ago and really noticed the difference. the thing is the frizzier your hair, the more noticeable the result. im not sure exactly how much it cost i think aroun 120 for the treatment and a cut so way cheaper than the prices mentioned previously!
Thread Closed