Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 Week Blow Dry

Options
  • 12-05-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Has anyone had this done/know of someone who's had it done. I heard Mairead Farrell talking about it on the Ray D'arcy show this morning, she'd been in for the initial treatment yesterday. Basically it's a completely natural, super conditioning treatment that means you don't have to spend ages blowdrying and straightening your hair. No need for 15 brushes and heated rollers. Just a quick blast and you look like you've just stepped out of the hairdressers. AND it lasts for 12 weeks.

To be honest, it sounds too good to be true. It also costs between €200 and €300. The only place in Ireland you can get it done is Dylan Bradshaws.

I'd be very, very tempted but would love to hear someone else's experience first.

There's more info on the dylan bradshaw website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

Hi op,

wow thats interesting. hadnt heard of it.

its pricey, although would be sooo worth it if it works of course :)

so you basically wash your hair and dry it and its supposed to stay like this!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

aloevera wrote: »
    so you basically wash your hair and dry it and its supposed to stay like this!?!?

Ya but some sort of straightening chemicals have been put in so that's why it lasts. I've read about it before in UK glossy magazines and it sounds fantasic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 liz51

i know a girl who got that done, but it was like a perm lotion they used, then strraightened her hair. it worked as she would normally have frizzy hair, but it grows out, and its not good for the condition of your hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

There's more info on the dylan bradshaw website.

Erm I actually think that the brunette girl at the bottom of the page has really gorgeous hair "before" and very blah hair "after"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

liz51 wrote: »
    i know a girl who got that done, but it was like a perm lotion they used, then strraightened her hair. it worked as she would normally have frizzy hair, but it grows out, and its not good for the condition of your hair

This is what I'd be worried about, they say that they just put a load of keratin in your hair which is supposed to be super conditioning. I was under the impression that this helps keep it straight by making it 'silkier'. Like I said, sounds too good to be true! There must be chemicals in there somewhere...though they claim it's 100% natural.

I don't know if what your friend had done was this, or chemical straightening. I wouldn't touch chemical straightening with a barge pole. But then maybe this is just the same thing with some snazzy marketing....!

They do say that it only lasts for 2-4 months, not bad though imo.

That said, I wonder is it any worse for your hair than constant straightening/blow drying....

I'm going to wait to see how Mairead finds it, if I get it done I'll post here again and let you know the results.:eek:

• Advertisement

herya wrote: »
    Erm I actually think that the brunette girl at the bottom of the page has really gorgeous hair "before" and very blah hair "after"...

Complete agree! I look a LOT more like the first girl though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PaythePiper

Yeah my hair is something of the russel brand variety.....when I first saw the price I thought it was ridiculous but its slowly growing on me 3 months of salon straight hair hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Why's it called the 12 week blow dry when it's for keeping your hair straight?? Or am I missing something :D I have naturally insanely straight hair, but blow dry mine to give it volume, could it do that for me??

I think it's called the 12 week blow dry as you look like you've had a salon blow dry every day for 12 weeks. Also, if you get caught out in the rain or you've been swimming, all you need to do is give it a blast of a hairdryer to get it back to all it's sleek glory! From the look of the photos on the Dylan Bradshaw website it doesn't seem to give much volume. You can, however, still style it curly, wavy etc.

God I sound like I'm plugging this, I just really want it to be true!

After all that, I've missed the Ray D'arcy show this morning :( Did anyone hear it and what Mairead's opinion was?!

Just booked myself in for next week, I'll report back here afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

*steps into thread and annoys everyone*

My hair dries straight naturally.

*leaves quickly before she is lynched*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I am getting the brazilian blowdry done in London in a few weeks time. Have an aunt who gets it done in Covent Garden and swears by it. Her hair is in better condition now due to the keratin used. Can't wait but not looking forward to the four days of not being able to wash, tie up or even put hair behind ears. Greasemonkey!:p

Will post results afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Das Kitty wrote: »

so does mine but its not somthing i boast about :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I was only having a little joke, seesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tis a bit pricey aint it ..

I always leave my hair dry natural anyways , mostly cause if the effort it takes to dry it.

If i feel like straight hair, ill just use my ghd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Mine too!!! And even when I blowdry it with no effort to style it all just falls in to place; it's well handy!!!

Oh come on now, Don't you just feel a little bit smug any time you see a GHD.........a little.......a teeny weeny little little bit smug???

I do:cool:

Mine too!!! And even when I blowdry it with no effort to style it all just falls in to place; it's well handy!!!

Oh come on now, Don't you just feel a little bit smug any time you see a GHD.........a little.......a teeny weeny little little bit smug???

I do:cool:

haha I was joking in the first place anyway :P
    Yes its handy alrite, I straighten it or curl it if im going out but its straight naturally anyway tho :D

haha I was joking in the first place anyway :P
    Yes its handy alrite, I straighten it or curl it if im going out but its straight naturally anyway tho :D

Thanks, I was worried I offended you and was thinking of all of the angles you could have taken it that I didn't mean it. Yes. I have issues. :P

Thanks, I was worried I offended you and was thinking of all of the angles you could have taken it that I didn't mean it. Yes. I have issues. :P

You think too much :P

Yep, I definitely do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Mairead has the pics of her hair on the todayfm website..no "before" pics though...

would love to gt it done, but living in cork , i guess its not possible...very expensive too.
    if there was a place in cork though, i'd consider it...

But.............it's red :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Beaut.ie did a post on this today, don't think it has been linked to yet.

Even as someone who currently uses GHDs everyday, without fail, I still don't think I'd go for this, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Femelade wrote: »
    Mairead has the pics of her hair on the todayfm website..no "before" pics though...

That's the pic.... Can't say I'm impressed but I'm not the target audience anyway :o

mairead_hair3_update.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JAD82

Is this like chemical straight hair were the results is pin straight or just a blow look ? anyone get it done any pics ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Just booked myself in for next week, I'll report back here afterwards!
    any updates? has it worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

To be honest, I don't want to risk messing up my hair again. I got it chemically straightened over a year ago and it's still messed up. And not straight anymore :(

Sorry for not updating this, but there was no update :p I was put of by some of the articles I read about the similar service that's available in London and thought I'd sit on it for a while. If anyone's gone ahead with it please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lorsmith

I got the 12 week blow dry done in Daniel Bradshaws on Saturday. Overall opinion - very happy with it - still unsure if it was worth the money though.

I think the most important thing to know
    is that this is NOT a straigtening treatment.It's really more of a conditioning treament than anything else - but an extremely good one :)

I have now washed my hair twice since the treatment. I was told that it was only after the third wash that I would see the full
    results.

My hair was originally wirey, wavy - with weird half curls at the ends. I
    used to spend about 20 minutes with my straightener each morning. Now, I do need to use a brush to straighten
    out the ends - but I can now blow dry my hair in less than 10 minutes, it holds all day - and people are commenting
    on how healthy my hair looks. It's so soft to touch - amazing.

It is very expensive though - mine cost 250 Euro. I will decide if it's worth the money based on: 1) what it looks like when it dries naturally 2) what it looks like when i try to dry it curly (it always curled - but they were frizzy curls that didn't look nice) 3) How long it lasts.

Going to try drying naturally and curling it at the weekend so I'll report back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Thanks for the update. I'm getting mine down on Saturday in London. Not much difference pricewise. Will report back when its done. According to the weather forecast its meant to rain saturday and you aren't meant to get it wet for 3 days:(

I will be like one of them old ladies with a plastic headscarf:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement