Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One nights stands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eviltwin wrote: »
    I don't know anyone who thinks like that anymore. No one under 70 anyway. If that attitude was persistent in the people I know I'd be distancing myself from them tbh. That kind of prudish, outdated thinking based solely on gender lines has no place in a modern society. Sex is a good thing, a pleasurable experience. It's sad some people still use it as a way of judging others

It's one that a lot of people would wish would die out already, but it's still as prevalent in society as it always was, in my experience anyway. Funny thing is, it's actually less prevalent in the over 70's, than it is among the under 30's.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Not sticking your dick in diseased skanks would be a start.

Keeping your dick to yourself is an even better start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

This from a guy (presumably) who calls himself SCHWIIING for god's sake! What are ye.....12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Perhaps they reduced their risk, or even avoided conceiving in the first place, with contraception?
    That doesn't give 100% guaruntee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Not having sex ever also helps avoid STIs. I'm sure that won't be too difficult for you :)

ALiasEX wrote: »
    That doesn't give 100% guaruntee.

I never said it does, and nowhere in the post you quoted to make your point about not knowing who the father was, did the poster make any mention of any woman having gotten pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Whats your thought on ONS. Have you had one ? If not would you ?

I myself have never had one in fear of picking up an STI or getting someone pregnant. Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

I've had loads, but the sex is always a let down. You can't beat sex with someone who knows what you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Saipanne wrote: »
    I've had loads, but the sex is always a let down. You can't beat sex with someone who knows what you like.

Ah it's easy, all women like the same thing. Bitta finger banging, few licks like a parched labrador drinkin' watur, six or eight almighty thrusts, obligatory "I'm gonna come now!" more of a threat than a promise, and roll off. Done & dusted in 25mins flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ah it's easy, all women like the same thing. Bitta finger banging, few licks like a parched labrador drinkin' watur, six or eight almighty thrusts, obligatory "I'm gonna come now!" more of a threat than a promise, and roll off. Done & dusted in 25mins flat.

25 minutes?

Fcuk, I've been seriously short changed!

Minutes? :eek:

30 seconds, roll-on, roll-off :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ignatius in bloom

FFS don't be given them ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I've had a few but most were with people I already knew like a lad from college or an old friend.
    Never really found them awkward the next day you just get on with it.

I just find it annoying that mindset of a girl who sleeps with someone she dosen't know is a slut where as the lad sleeping with the unknown girl gets off scot free.Two consenting adult using protection isn't anyone's business bar theirs.

A key that opens many locks is a master key.

A lock opened by many keys is a sh1t lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

A key that can't get near the lock is a sh*t key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

I never said it does, and nowhere in the post you quoted to make your point about not knowing who the father was, did the poster make any mention of any woman having gotten pregnant.
    They mentioned their friends escaping pregnancy and unless their friends are women (which i didn't consider :o I should have just made my point without responding to someone else ) then they can't really be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I don't know anyone who thinks like that anymore. No one under 70 anyway. If that attitude was persistent in the people I know I'd be distancing myself from them tbh. That kind of prudish, outdated thinking based solely on gender lines has no place in a modern society. Sex is a good thing, a pleasurable experience. It's sad some people still use it as a way of judging others

I saw a thread in PI a while ago. A woman had got drunk and arrived at a guys house that she had been in contact with online for only a short time. They ended up sleeping together. After that he wanted to keep online flirting with her but he didnt seem to want to ask her out. He said he was in no rush.

anyway some of the advice that she was given was that she had "relegated" herself to "easy drunken shag". The post got 27 likes.

another post suggested that he had "the patience of a saint" even though he slept with her. That post got 38 likes.

Advisers or posters said that her "drunken impulsiveness" had probably turned him off yet he was being called a saint and it was said that he must really like her because he succumbed to her advances.

It seemed to me that she was being scolded for her drunken error where he was being praised even though he showed lack of wilpower too when he was responsive to her advances.

I know it doesnt prove anything but i just thought the reaction to that thread was interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Ahem....stump? I'm sorry for your troubles.

Want me to PM you a pic to check :P : P lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I saw a thread in PI a while ago. A woman had got drunk and arrived at a guys house that she had been in contact with online for only a short time. They ended up sleeping together. After that he wanted to keep online flirting with her but he didnt seem to want to ask her out. He said he was in no rush.

anyway some of the advice that she was given was that she had "relegated" herself to "easy drunken shag". The post got 27 likes.

another post suggested that he had "the patience of a saint" even though he slept with her. That post got 38 likes.

Advisers or posters said that her "drunken impulsiveness" had probably turned him off yet he was being called a saint and it was said that he must really like her because he succumbed to her advances.

It seemed to me that she was being scolded for her drunken error where he was being praised even though he showed lack of wilpower too when he was responsive to her advances.

I know it doesnt prove anything but i just thought the reaction to that thread was interesting.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of,she came across as slightly erratic

If it's the thread I'm thinking of,she came across as slightly erratic

Even if she did, it was the fact that posters thought that he had "relegated" her to "easy drunken shag"

why would he do that? Unless thats how some people think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Even if she did, it was the fact that posters thought that he had "relegated" her to "easy drunken shag"

why would he do that? Unless thats how some people think.

I think the best advice for her would have been to lay off the booze

Says a person dim enough to equate a penis with a key and a vagina with a lock. Ain't no lock down there last time I looked hun and I got to say that I've seen some interestingly shaped penises, but not key shaped. Sounds like a medical complaint to me.

The simile is sh1t, as is the overall meaning intended by that tired, worn out little cliché.

Shrap wrote: »
    Says a person dim enough to equate a penis with a key and a vagina with a lock. Ain't no lock down there last time I looked hun and I got to say that I've seen some interestingly shaped penises, but not key shaped. Sounds like a medical complaint to me.

The simile is sh1t, as is the overall meaning intended by that tired, worn out little cliché.

A pencil that gets sharpened too much is eventually reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpener can sharpen tons of pencils and be just fine

/nods sagely

bluewolf wrote: »
    A pencil that gets sharpened too much is eventually reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpener can sharpen tons of pencils and be just fine

/nods sagely

Now. Hear her. :cool:

Much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

/nods sagely

Consider that stolen! :D

Shrap wrote: »

It's quite true actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

It's quite true actually.

I didn't realise that my vagina is a lock. So what does it open into? What's inside? I wonder if there's good storage space in there

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I didn't realise that my vagina is a lock. So what does it open into? What's inside? I wonder if there's good storage space in there

The storage space will depend on what's been stored in there previously and how frequently

Banana Ice wrote: »
    No its not actually. It's not women's goal to prevent men having sex with them. A woman who has sex with lots of men is a woman who just enjoys sex, there is nothing negative about it.

There is always "that girl" in every local village or town. You'd take her home for a good rogering, but you wouldn't be seen talking to her after mass type of thing. Do you get me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The storage space will depend on what's been stored in there previously and how frequently

What a load of ****e. In other words YOU have issues with women having an active sex life. Do you even see the logic fail in what you posted? If it's good for men to have sex, who are they meant to have it with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Banana Ice wrote: »
    No its not actually. It's not women's goal to prevent men having sex with them. A woman who has sex with lots of men is a woman who just enjoys sex, there is nothing negative about it.

Well, possibly.

Although I've met very few very promiscuous women who were all there in the head. And I've dated a stripper. Possibly this is true of over promiscuous men as well.

Sure to some people this is just enjoyable aerobics, to others who need to score all the time, something seems missing.

There is always "that girl" in every local village or town. You'd take her home for a good rogering, but you wouldn't be seen talking to her after mass type of thing. Do you get me?

A few fine ewe's, maybe a fillie here and there don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

What a load of ****e. ... If it's good for men to have sex, who are they meant to have it with?

Their hands, obviously. Or each other :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Didn't think you were into women ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have yes.

Didn't think you were into women ? :pac:

He's into ewe, Brian. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Ughh

Would you ?
    I wouldn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

/nods sagely

<Tips hat>

Well said, Bluey.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Jaysus lads, it's just sex like. The reason why we're all here in the first place. Remember the birds and bees business?

Someone judging another person for having casual sex tells me all I need to know about that person. Off back to the 50s with you where that kind of attitude towards the most normal and natural and human act in the world belongs.

Yes I've had a few ONS back in the day. Most were a bit forgettable, one or two were spectacular events, adventurous and liberating sex at its finest. Sometimes it's nice to not have to worry about the niceties and the awkward "I'll call you"s that come with sex with someone you already know and to just get down to the carnal no-strings business of getting your rocks off.

• Advertisement

Consider that stolen! :D
    <Tips hat>

Well said, Bluey.

It's not mine but I feel it should be passed on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

It's a young person's game. I'm so over them ... (yawn)

Gimme a nice cosy sofa with my favourite blanket, some home-made chocolate pie and a good film or boards.ie at a pinch and I'll easily forego sex with a stranger...

... which was never my forte in the first place, hehe

but siht, I'm getting old :(

seenitall wrote: »
    It's a young person's game. I'm so over them ... (yawn)

Gimme a nice cosy sofa with my favourite blanket, some home-made chocolate pie and a good film or boards.ie at a pinch and I'll easily forego sex with a stranger...

... which was never my forte in the first place, hehe

but siht, I'm getting old :(

Well you have seenitall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Well, possibly.

Although I've met very few very promiscuous women who were all there in the head. And I've dated a stripper. Possibly this is true of over promiscuous men as well.

Sure to some people this is just enjoyable aerobics, to others who need to score all the time, something seems missing.

So stripper = promiscuous?

Serious question :are you my granny?

Kev W wrote: »
    So stripper = promiscuous?

Serious question :are you my granny?

Well yeh she was promiscuous as well as getting her tits out for the lads for money. Since you asked. Also no I am not your granny

(Apparently you think your granny dated strippers though. Good on her.)

Well yeh she was promiscuous as well as getting her tits out for the lads for money. Since you asked. Also no I am not your granny

(Apparently you think your granny dated strippers though. Good on her.)

So the promiscuity and the stripping were independent of each other. Yet you originally mentioned it as if they were synonymous.

• Advertisement

The problem with these threads is its like having a conversation with 15 year olds. Everybody scores on the Internet.

Any deviation from the party line and you get the intelligentsia joining "Hahaha you must be a granny. Hahaha."

ONS are not for everybody. I partook for a a long time but if your self worth depends on scoring it can be psychologically damaging. Plenty are fine with it I'm sure. Many are not.

Just read Mindy Kalings last book where she wonders about, as many women do, the safety for women of it all.

Kev W wrote: »
    So the promiscuity and the stripping were independent of each other. Yet you originally mentioned it as if they were synonymous.

They tend to be Kev. Strippers are engaged in a sexual job, Kev. It doesn't attract everybody, Kev. It isn't a normal job, Kev. And many strippers are rarely just strippers as it happens.

Now there was one girl who was totally together on that circle -- my girlfriends posse, she went on to become a doctor, but it's rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Had one once. Woke up to an 11yo asking which uncle I was :(

They tend to be Kev. Strippers are engaged in a sexual job, Kev. It doesn't attract everybody, Kev. It isn't a normal job, Kev.

Who, me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Never had a one night stand from a night out, I've had a few hook ups from POF/Tinder. I'll be honest, I felt like a bit of a rock star after them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement