Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should people try your household illegal drugs at least once in their life

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

osarusan wrote: »
    Put me down for Krokodil.

The sheer amount of pics that were attributed to "krokodil" (which they say is because it makes you look like a crocodile. Yeah, great marketing on behalf of the chemists isn't it? It's definitely not because the precursor is "alpha-Chlorocodide" though because tabloid readers wouldn't know what that is and would just skip straight to the sports pages when faced with such a big word) that were actually as a result of Siberians injecting crushed up co-codamols with no filtration makes me wonder if there's even more than 100 people on the planet who've ever taken so called Krokodil.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm with the late great Oliver Sacks on this subject

He tried all kinds of drugs out of scientific curiosity and it really expanded his horizons into new ways of thinking

I've tried a good few types of drugs out of curiosity and some of them have been amazing, while others have been a disappointment

MDMA is definitely the best drug I have ever taken. Every sense is heightened and you get a feeling of pure joy and compassion for everyone and everything around you.

Cocaine is probably my least favourite because afterwards i felt like it turned me into a total arsehole

Mushrooms and LSD are worth doing once or twice just so that you can appreciate just how tenuous our grip on reality actually is. Our mind creates our reality and it's a really delicate balance. A tiny chemical change can completely alter our perception of the world

Weed is a wierd one. It's perfectly safe as long as you're not driving/operating heavy machinery, and in the right environment, it can be fun, but most of the weed you get these days is just a downer, it puts me to sleep and dulls my senses whch is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    The sheer amount of pics that were attributed to "krokodil" (which they say is because it makes you look like a crocodile. Yeah, great marketing on behalf of the chemists isn't it? It's definitely not because the precursor is "alpha-Chlorocodide" though because tabloid readers wouldn't know what that is and would just skip straight to the sports pages when faced with such a big word) that were actually as a result of Siberians injecting crushed up co-codamols with no filtration makes me wonder if there's even more than 100 people on the planet who've ever taken so called Krokodil.
    You're killing my buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

To the OP, I've done a lot of drugs. Always had a great time except a couple of scary experiences with Coke that have put me off using it completely. Heart feeling like it's actually beating so hard it's coming out of your body isn't fun, think Bugs Bunny when he sees Jessica Rabbit. Turns out something in the cut doesn't agree with my heart, it's not the actual cocaine that's the problem. I've proven that but I won't go in to how.

Stay away from opiates/opioids. All of them. Even the low level ones like codeine. If I had never seen riches I could live with being poor. And when you first experience how delicious they are it's very hard to forget. I've never been addicted to them. I've never felt a withdrawal, lost a job, stolen from family or any of that ****e but walking past someone who has almost completely thrown their life away and is nodding out on a DART station bench doesn't make me think what I imagine most people do, it makes me think "it'd be great if I asked that lad to get me a bag or sell me his phy." Haven't done it yet and don't think I ever will, but I have no idea if the "want" will ever go away.

Never written that down or told anyone that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Specialun wrote: »
    So ive never tried coke, ectasy, hash, nothing like that...i just never had the want for them

I was thinking should I, should I at least try em to see what the buzz is (pun intended)

Do you think people should try these household illegal drugs at least once while they can, just to feel what its like

Are you on drugs or wha.:eek::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Each to their own OP but I certainly wouldn't be encouraging anyone to try drugs.

We all know the dangers associated with drug use, physically, emotionally, financially and legally and for me it's a fools game to even consider taking them.

Unless you stick to this philosophy to the point that you've never tried a sip of alcohol in your life, it's pretty hard to give any credibility to someone who writes a post like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

I don't think I'll ever try any of them. If the high (off coke for example) is as good as its hyped to be then I struggle to think that it would not be addictive.
    Id say it has the potential to really ruin people. I'm 17 and a good few of my friends are already addicted to cigarettes - so I wouldn't like to imagine them on anything stronger :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've smoked weed/hash on and off since my late teens and held a job down the whole time, it doesn't really affect me and is to take the edge off after a long day, alcohol I've more or less given up in the last few years, it's too much and I can barely function the day after yet it's legal

Tried coke a few times didn't do much for me

Took es a good few times in my early 20s and thought they were amazing, never did get the chance to try anything like mdma or mushrooms as for lcd I've heard alot of bad things about it from people who would be in the know (seasoned drug takers)

As for heroine never ever come within an asses roar of that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Unless you stick to this philosophy to the point that you've never tried a sip of alcohol in your life, it's pretty hard to give any credibility to someone who writes a post like this.

That's the lasting effect of prohibition, misinformation. All drugs are bad, mkay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've dabbled with drugs since I was a teenager, all the usual stuff.
    I watched Heroin ruin and kill people all around me so I never went near it myself.
    I like to relax with a spliff and a cup of tae of an evening these days, I'm not really into drinking alcohol.
    During the boom I got very fond of Cocaine, too fond if I'm honest, but I've calmed right down as far as that is concerned, I'll only do some if I'm going to a gig or something, (roll on U2 in November!).
    Recreational drug use is generally fine imo, it's when it starts to affect your work or personal life that you have to take a step back and readjust yourself a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Each to their own OP but I certainly wouldn't be encouraging anyone to try drugs.

We all know the dangers associated with drug use, physically, emotionally, financially and legally and for me it's a fools game to even consider taking them.

Do you mean all drugs, or just the ones our state says are "illegal"

If you think Weed/Hash is more dangerous than alcohol, you are off your head (excuse the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Specialun wrote: »
    So ive never tried coke, ectasy, hash, nothing like that...i just never had the want for them

I was thinking should I, should I at least try em to see what the buzz is (pun intended)

Do you think people should try these household illegal drugs at least once while they can, just to feel what its like
    by the content of your post i would say as an expert .....NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Yeah definitely do OP. Do you smoke ? if so, go out and get some brown, skin up and let the goodtimes roll hommie.
    Surely green Brian, most solid is full of all types of nasty adulterants ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No but I work with a fella who has tried everything. And by everything I mean everything, his outlook is try everything once. He has even tried Rhino ketamine
    Everything once eh? What's his view on receiving gay sex? Or is he just in it for the drugs?

OP, if you want to try some drugs go ahead. I don't see why you need us to enable your curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Do they still make magic mushrooms ??
    Mother Nature does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Yeah definitely do OP. Do you smoke ? if so, go out and get some brown, skin up and let the goodtimes roll hommie.

"Brown" is pretty bad in Ireland. Has been since the mid 90's really.

Green on the other hand is a far better quality than in the past. Its also the much cleaner drug of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: Hi, folks, unfortunately this thread isn't going to be allowed. We have rules against discussing drugs or advising people to take them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement