Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should people try your household illegal drugs at least once in their life

Options
  • 24-09-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

So ive never tried coke, ectasy, hash, nothing like that...i just never had the want for them

I was thinking should I, should I at least try em to see what the buzz is (pun intended)

Do you think people should try these household illegal drugs at least once while they can, just to feel what its like

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The unexamined life is not worth living - socrates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

No but I work with a fella who has tried everything. And by everything I mean everything, his outlook is try everything once. He has even tried Rhino ketamine

• Registered Users Posts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think you know that's not what he meant.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Gelatin Powder

No, too much instant gratification leads to an unfulfilled life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Yeah definitely do OP. Do you smoke ? if so, go out and get some brown, skin up and let the goodtimes roll hommie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Each to their own. If you fancy experimenting, go for it but if you take a turn for the worst then you can hardly look back and say that you had the best "buzz" of your life. But whatever floats your boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

Yokes are great fun.
    Stoners love going on about weed, but it is a very overrated drug. Good for the makers of Doritos though.

Yokes are great fun.
    Stoners love going on about weed, but it is a very overrated drug. Good for the makers of Doritos though.

Weed would be the safest and cheapest for the OP to try. Keep away from pills, they're feckin dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Start with Heroin and work your way back.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I've never even smoked a joint, but when I'm old and/or terminally ill, I'll try them all, including especially heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

They definitely should, if they want to experiment with drugs.

If they don't want to, then no, they shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

RayM wrote: »
    I've never even smoked a joint, but when I'm old and/or terminally ill, I'll try them all, including especially heroin.

You'll probably be on what would be high grade opiates if in pain, so no need to fund the scuzzbuckets by buying the polluted crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

Garbage talk drugs are for losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Drugs will ruin your life, avoid like the plague. Even if you are mature enough to handle them you have the crime and Gardaí to deal with so it is not worth your time or effort.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Drugs will ruin your life, avoid like the plague. Even if you are mature enough to handle them you have the crime and Gardaí to deal with so it is not worth your time or effort.

The OP is talking about trying some drugs, not selling them :rolleyes:

toptom wrote: »
    Garbage talk drugs are for losers

Yeah, losers like Sigmund Freud, Bill Gates, Charles Dickens, Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill and Thomas Edison.

Yeah, losers like Sigmund Freud, Bill Gates, Charles Dickens, Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill and Thomas Edison.

He's probably most likely referring to the local druggies in his town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Not forgetting Brian Cowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wish I was twenty years younger and could drop a mid 90's mitsubishi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

And look where most of them are now!!! Dead!!!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Specialun wrote: »
    So ive never tried coke, ectasy, hash, nothing like that...i just never had the want for them

I was thinking should I, should I at least try em to see what the buzz is (pun intended)

Do you think people should try these household illegal drugs at least once while they can, just to feel what its like

Aside from the fact that people can use drugs at any point in their lives (unless by 'while they can' you mean they're dead?), I wouldn't recommend anyone experiment with any sort of mood or mind altering substances.

The effects of such substances are well known at this point, so it's not experimenting any more, it's simply a matter of personal choice, and if they show no interest in them, I'm not going to encourage anyone to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Do they still make magic mushrooms ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'm with RayM on this one, as soon as I find out that I'm terminal or I get to be so old that it doesn't really matter any more, I am going to try absolutely everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Drugs are good - Scroates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I wish I was twenty years younger and could drop a mid 90's mitsubishi

Some bang of them, Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

There's a great drug, makes you act all stupid if you take enough of it quickly. Plus, it has the added advantage that it tastes good, if you pick the right form. Now, what is it called...

Oh yeah...

Alcohol.

Makes you feel a bit under the weather the next morning though.

You'd think by now they'd have worked out a version that doesn't.

Try other drugs all you want but I'm sticking with my weak ethanol, especially in Guinness format (and I drink a lot of it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Na, they shouldn't.

I've tried most of them and they're all rubbish.

Listen to the wise old man and save your dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

He's probably most likely referring to the local druggies in his town.

I am, place has too many of them. God only knows what goes through their minds to take them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

toptom wrote: »
    I am, place has too many of them. God only knows what goes through their minds to take them.

The OP wasn't talking about smack though.

What your doing would be similar to pointing at die hard alcoholics if someone asked if they should try a pint of Guinness.

99% wont end up anything like that, they'll just have fun, have a bastard hangover, and go into work on Monday as normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement