Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-05-2019, 21:17   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades! View Post
Oh no, it's not hyperbole. I literally have very little hope for children who have spent two years in homeless services. Experts on child welfare use terms like 'troubling' and 'great concern', but I'd call that diplomacy. A lot of those children are going to end up being pretty dysfunctional.

But you want some good news? Sweden's experience tells us that it isn't the fault of immigration. They do far better than us in terms of homelessness, despite taking in enormous numbers of migrants, especially asylum seekers.
I was never blaming immigrants!!
Advertisement
16-05-2019, 21:50   #152
Blueshoe
Banned

Onto tonights episode.
Jaysus they stung that Monaghan councillor lovely.
He was in shock.
A parasite
(4) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 21:51   #153
seamusk84

I can’t believe what I just saw. The neck of those guys running again next week....sweet Jesus this country
(4) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 21:52   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshoe View Post
Onto tonights episode.
Jaysus they stung that Monaghan councillor lovely.
He was in shock.
A parasite
And he'll probably get elected
(4) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 21:54   #155
Blueshoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusk84 View Post
I can’t believe what I just saw. The neck of those guys running again next week....sweet Jesus this country
Unbelievable stuff. Again I'm surprised by prime time. Two in a row
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2019, 21:54   #156

That Donegal councilor is a just unbelievable disgrace and to think he'll no doubt top the poll.
Thanks from:
16-05-2019, 21:56   #157
rusty cole

and drives off in a top of the range bmw but cant use a seat belt...didn't put it on the clown... breaking the law is just in his DNA
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 22:07   #158
jos28

Ah yea but he's a great fella, it's them fekcers in Dublin that are out to get him.

Gangsters who will without doubt top the poll, I despair
16-05-2019, 22:09   #159
Blueshoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos28 View Post
Ah yea but he's a great fella, it's them fekcers in Dublin that are out to get him.

Gangsters who will without doubt top the poll, I despair
I will be keeping an eye out to see how that Monaghan scumbag gets on after this. If he or any of the other dirtbags are voted in I give up
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2019, 22:11   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryup View Post
and how about the undocumented irish in america??? we want special status for them??

typical irish hypocrisy
What hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy is doing/saying/thinking something that you criticise others doing/saying/thinking. Not seeing any evidence of people here praising Irish illegal immigrants.

Also, what's "typically Irish" about hypocrisy? Could have sworn it's a trait to be found anywhere...

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 16-05-2019 at 22:15.
Thanks from:
16-05-2019, 22:29   #161
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline

Mod: Radio, ZTest
Any chance of a synopsis ?

Telly on the blink here.
Thanks from:
16-05-2019, 23:00   #162
DelaneyIn

Letting folk in as recognised refugees and leaving them to rot in centers meant for asylum seekers waiting upon decisions is not being nice to them.

There’s a direct provision hotel just one hundred yards from my housing estate. It was opened as a three star hotel and closed within a year once they got the contract to house asylum seekers and refugees.

From my interactions with those in the hotel, a lot have been processed and awarded asylum, humanitarian leave to remain and some have been even relocated from Greece to Ireland.

These people are genuine, cause little trouble and are always doing their bit when the tidy towns clean up etc is on. No quarrel with them on an individual level.

But why the feck are we taking such people in when we simply cannot adequately take care of their needs and are putting them in competition with the locals for essential services and housing?

It’s absolute madness to me. And we aren’t being nice to them. No matter what some politician thinks after getting his photo op with these people.
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 23:19   #163
DelaneyIn

Apologies for rambling here and back to back posts. Another thing that hit me recently is that the demographic that is one largely blamed by the media for being racist yada yada is the one who I’ve seem show the most generosity towards the asylum seekers and refugees.

Those in the hotel who have leave to remain are able to access welfare payments, work without condition etc. Those still in the asylum process get a small weekly stipend.

It’s not much and a lot of the kids of asylum seekers get involved with the many local sport clubs in the area.

If Paddy Opadi goes from a size four to an adults size six over the summer, I’ve seen lads with **** all buy the kid boots. The lads themselves can barely afford to go for a few pints at the end of each week. His mam gets sfa as a stipend and the lads who have feck all themselves, will buy him what’s needed so he can keep playing ball with his mates and have a decent bit of gear like the rest.

It’s not the politician, or the media commentator or the NGO employee. But the lad on the street who is largely blamed for racism and right wing rhetoric yada yada.

The average Joe on the street is decent. The issue isn’t the individuals, their race or creed. It’s the numbers, the lack of a plan, them being placed in working class or rural communities, them being pitted against the Irish poor.

All the while our betters preach and pat themselves on their backs from much more leafy environs.
Thanks from:
17-05-2019, 09:54   #164
rusty cole

RE : Last nights show on corrupt politicians, this is gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQL11dFVOc
(2) thanks from:
17-05-2019, 18:52   #165
blindjustice

What’s the population of the EU? How many hundreds of millions? Why the need for people/labour from outside this huge market?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion