Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ironing fancy bedclothes?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I usually wiggle at it a while, curse a bit, go downstairs and huff and puff a bit, then go back and wiggle at a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Get yourself a Backwards Woman to sort out that mess OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

pffft...sheets. Mattress is grand and smooth.

Always iron my bedclothes. Not the same if they're not crisp and smooth.

How often do people wash their mattress protectors? I think of it every month or so, but my friend was laughing at me for doing it so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

The trick with Egyptian cotton high thread count linen is to iron them when they are still slightly damp, the heat from the iron will dry some of the excess, then neatly fold & leave on a radiator somewhere warm to finish. If they dry too much you won't get the creases out... EVER.

Candie wrote: »
    How often do people wash their mattress protectors? I think of it every month or so, but my friend was laughing at me for doing it so often.

Don't have a mattress protector, seals are still pretty good, no leaks yet. :p

Don't have a mattress protector, seals are still pretty good, no leaks yet. :p

Not a rubber sheet TBM!

One of these:http://www.towelsrus.co.uk/@@content/pub/image_4039/Luxury%20Quilted%20Mattress%20Topper,%20Super%20King,%20White_47300.jpg

Ah right, is that what they are called? Thought it was just a thing that you stick on a mattress. Only wash that every five or six months or so maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I do mine every 2 months or so, but I change my sheets every week or 2 and I'm fairly clean so I wouldn't be bothered doing it more often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

looksee wrote: »
    Folding fitted sheets. The easy way, though I am not sure it will translate to text.

Hold the sheet in front of you inside out, and long side up.
    Put a fist in each corner of the top side, bring left one across and put it over the other - you will turn it inside out, and hook it over the other fist.

Swap fists so sheet is on your left hand, and use the right to pick up the bottom two corners, one inside the other so each hand has two layers of corner on it. Bring right fist across to left, turn the corners and hook them all over the left fist.

You now have a quartered sheet with all four corners hooked over one fist. Put your forearm across your front, fold the short side down and the long side across, then kinda slip your arm out of the sheet and fold it down a couple of times to make a tidy packet with all the edges inside.

It does work, honest, and is very quick once you have done it a couple of times.
    Hey macarena!

Advertisement