Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

English Championship - Middlesbrough v Peterborough - Over 2.5 Goals - 1.8 (Ladbrokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Man them npower leagues really are dodgy to be betting on today I done Derry City (-1), Forest & Berbatov anytime really having a bad few months being this unlucky :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

League Of Ireland Premier

UCD - Sligo Rovers

Kick off: 19.45 GMT

===================

Top V Bottom here, Sligo in fine form winning their opening 5 games scoring 14 goals, UCD completely opposite with an awful start to the season picking up just 1 point they look to be the clear relegation favourites this season.

UCD will miss Mick Leahy, Robbie Benson, and doubts over Mark Langtry and Barry McCabe
    Sligo have Danny Ventre available for the first time season after recovering from a leg injury but Gavin Peers (hamstring) is a doubt. Danny North (knee) and Joesph Ndo (hand) Seamus Conneely (knee) are still missing. They've been missing all season thou so that should not affect them here, new signing Anthony Elding from Preston and Grimsby is in flying form scoring 7 from his first 4 games, 6 of them with his head! Sligo will get the best ever opening to a season with a win here, the odds reflect Sligo's probable dominance thou, I'd prefer the goals market here, Sligo are scoring plenty and with UCD conceding this will be one of my only 2 bets today.

over 2.5 @ 1.800 - 6/10:D. waiting for in play might be better, should be evens after 7 or 8 minutes,
    Sligo win and over 2.5 @ 2.05 - 4/10:D

Sligo are a machine this season, in 2013 - 46 goals scored, 4 goals conceded, 13 wins, 1 draw. Scary stuff

2 winners

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They certainly are and a few of their top players are yet to start for them, league is wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Fulham v QPR
    After the crushing defeat against Villa on the last match day things are looking extremely bleak for QPRs survival prospects. As things stand both QPR and Reading are anchored to the foot of the table on 23 points, 7 points behind the chasing pack. I'm stating the obvious here but a draw is no good here. QPR will have to go for the win. With that in mind I'm thinking this might be a high scoring affair.
    QPR are certainly a more dangerous outfit away from home, where they often struggle to break teams down, and have scored twice in their last 2 away trips. They have in fact found the net in their last 5 games on their travels. Fulham are sitting comfortably in mid table and will look to build upon their impressive win away at Spurs last time out. They certainly have in Berbatov a player to hurt any space left by QPR as they look to win the game.
    Given QPR's desperate situation I like the look of Over 3.5 goals at 12/5. This has collected in 2 of QPR's last 3 away games.
    Another excellent looking bet is Berbatov to open the scoring at 10/3. This is a great price as he has in fact opened the scoring in his last 3 league games!
    Berbatov to score 1st 10/3 - Has collected in Fulham's last 3 games
    Over 3.5 goals 12/5 - QPR position increasingly desperate and they will have to take chances at the back.

Wow got the chelsea - utd game completely wrong. But that more than made up for it. Delighted berba u sexy sexy man :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Card line for CL matches 4.5 SJ has them @ 11/8 for both matches.

Clattenburg is Reffing the Bayern juve match not liken that so much.

Stark Reffing PSG barca looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Sligo and Atletico double for me - 2.3/1 - Sligo well discussed but Granada are missing a few regulars (Troje and Siqueira 27/5)and have the worst attack in the Spanish league

:) nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Lanus are taking on Quilmes. It's starting now. They're only 7/10 but they are in serious beast mode at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Two bets for me tommorow

PSG win ibra anytime 7/1 (too big) £10

And a acca of

Bayern to win
    Brighton DNB
    Hull DNB
    Bolton DNB
    Peterboro DC
    5/1 £10

Sligo Rovers to win and 3 or 4 total goals in the match - 2.87 Paddy Power

It is even more enjoyable winning a bet when you know everyone else is rooting for the same result.

UCD could be cash cows this season!

Avfctom wrote: »
    PSG win ibra anytime 7/1 (too big) £10

What price do you think it shoud be?

If you think he will do the business you might be interested in some of THESE BETS

In the barca match I can see PSG being very cautious in the opening half and not wanting concede first and they have a great goals conceded stat at home in the league of 0.5 goals per game with 68% clean sheets. Every man and his dog knows what to expect from Barcelona - they tire out their opponents by making them chase ghosts and score a few goals in the second half to add to what they scored in the first.

The stats:

In PSGs home Ligue 1 games the average time both of first goal scored and conceded is 50 minutes.

Their 15 minute window with the most goals scored is 75-90 mins (25.9%) - Barcelona 75-90mins is 22.2%

Barcelona have scored exactly half of their goals in each half.

Half with most goals - 2nd @ 2.15 (BetVictor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Couldnt/Cant get on it myself but keep an eye on the AFC cup.

Bookies are pretty much clueless on those games.
    Kitchee - Padang >>> goals
    Churchil brothers - Warriors >>> goals.

(away team to score over 1,5 should give nice odds)

Paris St Germain v Barcelona
    I think the 4/1 on PSG causing an upset is a little on the large side and for that reason I'm tempted to get involved. While Barcelona are clearly the better team, we have seen in this season's competition that they are capable of below par performances away from home (losing 2-1 at Celtic and 2-0 in Milan). Their away form in La Liga has tapered off too with just one win in 5 and 2 defeats in that run of games.
    PSG have been very strong at home both domestically (won 8 of last 9) and in Europe (won the 3 group games) and it Carlo Ancelotti they have a very experienced manager.
    If PSG are to cause an upset it will be up to Ibrahimovic to deliver (which he has done this season). The former Barca man has enjoyed a fantastic campaign up to now with 31 goals scored.
    PSG win 4/1 - Barcelona have been poor away recently while PSG are very strong at home
    Ibrahimovic anytime goalscorer 6/5 - PSG's main man this season and a former Barcelona player will want to show his worth

Bayern Munich v Juventus
    This quarter final meeting pits the best defence in Italy (Juventus have conceded just 19 goals in 30 games) against the meanest defence in Germany (Bayern let in just 13 in 27 games). Juventus have transformed that defensive soundness to the European stage with only 4 goals conceded in the competition thus far. With both teams being very solid defensively and the high stakes game I think under 2.5 goals at even money is a very decent shout.
    I think the price on Juventus +1 at 11/8 is very generous. Of the remaining 8 quarter finalists only Juventus and Dortmund are still unbeaten in this competition. The flat performance against Arsenal were Bayern nearly through away their big advantage is fresh in my mind and I think Juventus can get a result.
    Under 2.5 goals evens - Best defense in Italy meets best defense in Germany
    Juventus +1 11/8 - Unbeaten in this season's competition and Bayern were pretty poor in their last home tie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

2 small doubles on two draws HT & FT tonight. HT at 4.29/1 and FT at almost 15/1.
    First legs at this stage of knockout comps are always good for draw bets, with neither team wanting to concede advantage, setups are usually overly defensive. I think these two ties offer up good reasons for the draw.

Bayern are the concern given their goalfest at the weekend but as discussed above Juve have been miserly both domestically and in Europe this season. I can see a goalless draw here.

PSG and Barca has a draw all over it for me and at 3/1 is worth a single on it's own. I also think it will be a score draw, so BTTS at 8/11 seems worthy of a decent size bet.

Taking a longer viewpoint though I've also taken Bayern to qualify at 11/20 with Bet365. Even if Bayern draw tonight I fancy them to beat Juve over the two legs. They should have too much going forward for the Italians over two legs

€5 double on FT two draws tonight - 14.6/1 B365
    €10 double on HT two draws tonight - 4.29/1 B365
    €55 BTTS PSG Barca - 8/11 B365
    €100 Bayern to qualify - 11/20 B365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just cant see past barca tonight

PSG dont have the team to defend against Barca, who in their midfield can stop barca? Motta is out so that is a big loss

I was half thinking of going for psg to win the card bet but who besides the back line, will pick up a card?

Picked last night:

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
    1 Over 4.5 PSG v Barcelona
    (Asian Total Cards) 02/04/2013 None 1.95 To Run
    2 Over 4.0 Bayern Munich v Juventus
    (Asian Total Cards) 02/04/2013 None 1.725 To Run
    3 Yes Bayern Munich v Juventus
    (Both Teams to Score) 02/04/2013 None 1.83 To Run
    4 Yes PSG v Barcelona
    (Both Teams to Score) 02/04/2013 None 1.72 To Run
    5 Juventus - Over 3.5 Bayern Munich v Juventus
    (Team Corners) 02/04/2013 None 1.66 To Run
    6 PSG - Over 4.5 PSG v Barcelona
    (Team Corners) 02/04/2013 None 2.20 To Run

All together worked out @39

user2011 wrote: »

PSG price gone 11/10 now

What price do you think it shoud be?

If you think he will do the business you might be interested in some of THESE BETS

Just think with the attacking talent PSG have and barcelonas defence can be got at the price looks huge i was expecting. 2/1 straight win and 4/1 ibra wincast just think it has a great price

• Advertisement

Avfctom wrote: »
    Just think with the attacking talent PSG have and barcelonas defence can be got at the price looks huge i was expecting. 2/1 straight win and 4/1 ibra wincast just think it has a great price

It could be. Its a hard one to call with so few games played against top opposition for the current PSG team so there is very little to go on. I just noticed PSG haven't played in the Champions League since 2004 so we basically only have the matches against Porto and Valencia to get some European stats from. PSG 1 - 1 Valencia is the one that would put serious doubts in my mind about PSGs ability to get the win especially as Valencia dominated them in that match although it was the second leg and PSG held a goal advantage. Valencia over the 2 legs Valencia had 21 corners to PSGs 4 so there may be something there for those of ye who back the corner markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I fancy a draw. Barcelona have been weak away from home lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

going for a draw in barca vs psg and bayern win ,double is 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Can't see anything other than a Bayern win. Yes, Juventus have a decent defensive record so far in the competition...but how on earth Celtic didn't score at least 1 in each game against them I'll never know. Can't see Bayern being as wasteful.

PSG - Barcelona is more difficult. I can see PSG scoring, but do they have the players to stop Barca scoring? I'm not so sure. I think it will all depend on who scores the first goal. If its a Barca goal then I can see something like a comfortable 3-1 win. If PSG score first they may start to sit back a little, and we all know how Barca have struggled with that recently.

Gona go for BBTS in the 2 games I think.

It could be. Its a hard one to call with so few games played against top opposition for the current PSG team so there is very little to go on. I just noticed PSG haven't played in the Champions League since 2004 so we basically only have the matches against Porto and Valencia to get some European stats from. PSG 1 - 1 Valencia is the one that would put serious doubts in my mind about PSGs ability to get the win especially as Valencia dominated them in that match although it was the second leg and PSG held a goal advantage. Valencia over the 2 legs Valencia had 21 corners to PSGs 4 so there may be something there for those of ye who back the corner markets.

Yh i agree with all u say but that aecond leg against valencia ibra was banned which makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

Im going with Juventus over 3.5 corners 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

FWIW PSG drew 2-2 at home vs Barcelona in a pre season friendly

the line ups were:
    Paris Saint-Germain: Douchez, Jallet, Sakho, Alex, Maxwell, Rabiot, Bodmer, Nené, Pastore, Ibrahimovic, and Lavezzi
    FC Barcelona: Valdés, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Planas, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Afellay, Rafinha, Messi, and Alexis
    but they both changed almost their entire team in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

cant see bolton losing at home tonight been on great run @ home and huddersfield not been playing great they look overpriced @3/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bayern Munich v Juventus

Under 2.5 goals evens

all over this one
    just took 1.95 on it
    great price

small bet on no gs at 12.5 also for me

great price on the +1 also in fairness
    should prob do all your picks given the form you're in
    good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

There's a possession bet on Barcelona tonight, over/under 65%. In my experience these things are often priced stupidly. Does anyone know where I could get possession tables for domestic leagues and champions league?

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »
    There's a possession bet on Barcelona tonight, over/under 65%. In my experience these things are often priced stupidly. Does anyone know where I could get possession tables for domestic leagues and champions league?

Searching for you but i found this:

The last time FC Barcelona held less than 50% of possession in a match was on 7th May 2008

Here ...have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Austria! wrote: »

Be careful where you get those poss. stats from, they can vary greatly. The bookie you're looking at uses opta to adjudicate that bet.

I'm on the bet myself, I've rarely seen Barca hit 65% or under, they're generally in and around 70% anytime I see on Sky and that but I can't find a list of past stats for Opta. Poss stats with Opta are usually that bit higher for passing teams in comparison to the stop clock method poss stats, which again suits the overs for Barca.

PSG aren't a possession based team either, they're very counter attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

PSG team to play Barcelona: Sirigu; Jallet, Alex, Silva, Maxwell; Moura, Beckham, Matuidi, Pastore; Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic

BarçaXI: Valdés; Alves, Mascherano, Piqué, Alba; Busquets; Xavi, Iniesta; Alexis, Messi & Villa

I'll happily take Barca @ 1.95

wow shocked to see Beckham playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If Barca play anything like they can they should win by 2+

couple of picks in Irish Premier League games tonight,

Limerick FC V Shamrock Rovers 19:45 GMT
    Limerick FC +0.5 Asian H/Cap @ 1.975 4/10

Over 2.5 goals @ 2.15 2/10 - looks a little over priced due to recent results from both sides partly due to depleted squads and poor weather the last week or 2, but I think with some attacking players returning there's a good chance of goals.

St.Pats V Dundalk 19:45 GMT
    St.Pats -.75 Asian H/Cap @ 1.875 5/10 - Can't see past Pats here, much better squad and should Dundalk's good away form this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Comtemplating taking Barca and Bayern-1.

Those team sheets scream Barca win for me.

Bayern are playing awesome attacking football and really are the team to beat I think. They will try to finish it tonight I reckon, as strong as Juve are, I cannot see past Bayern winning by 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 small singles on PSG to win 2-1 @ 10.50 and 1-1 @ 6.00

Im on Barca @ 10/11

Just cant see past them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

brilou23 wrote: »
    cant see bolton losing at home tonight been on great run @ home and huddersfield not been playing great they look overpriced @3/4

Did u see the Bolton barca and Munich sp

Headshot wrote: »
    Im on Barca @ 10/11

Just cant see past them

Barca over 2.5 @ 3.500 looks very nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Barca to score in both halves @ 2.82 looks decent

Messi is 10/11 to score anytime, can't rememeber seeing it that big in a while.

Zlatan is 15/8 for the same bet

Barca: 3 wins in their last 14 away matches in the knock out stages.

user2011 wrote: »

Cash!!!

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Messi is 10/11 to score anytime, can't rememeber seeing it that big in a while.

Zlatan is 15/8 for the same bet

If only I had put money on these bets :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Barca to score in both halves @ 2.82 looks decent

Woot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel like throwing my computer against the wall...

Paris St Germain v Barcelona
    I think the 4/1 on PSG causing an upset is a little on the large side and for that reason I'm tempted to get involved. While Barcelona are clearly the better team, we have seen in this season's competition that they are capable of below par performances away from home (losing 2-1 at Celtic and 2-0 in Milan). Their away form in La Liga has tapered off too with just one win in 5 and 2 defeats in that run of games.
    PSG have been very strong at home both domestically (won 8 of last 9) and in Europe (won the 3 group games) and it Carlo Ancelotti they have a very experienced manager.
    If PSG are to cause an upset it will be up to Ibrahimovic to deliver (which he has done this season). The former Barca man has enjoyed a fantastic campaign up to now with 31 goals scored.
    PSG win 4/1 - Barcelona have been poor away recently while PSG are very strong at home
    Ibrahimovic anytime goalscorer 6/5 - PSG's main man this season and a former Barcelona player will want to show his worth

Bayern Munich v Juventus
    This quarter final meeting pits the best defence in Italy (Juventus have conceded just 19 goals in 30 games) against the meanest defence in Germany (Bayern let in just 13 in 27 games). Juventus have transformed that defensive soundness to the European stage with only 4 goals conceded in the competition thus far. With both teams being very solid defensively and the high stakes game I think under 2.5 goals at even money is a very decent shout.
    I think the price on Juventus +1 at 11/8 is very generous. Of the remaining 8 quarter finalists only Juventus and Dortmund are still unbeaten in this competition. The flat performance against Arsenal were Bayern nearly through away their big advantage is fresh in my mind and I think Juventus can get a result.
    Under 2.5 goals evens - Best defense in Italy meets best defense in Germany
    Juventus +1 11/8 - Unbeaten in this season's competition and Bayern were pretty poor in their last home tie

Biggest bet went on the unders in Juve-Bayern so a winner for the night.... Any1 watch the Juve-Bayern game. How did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thank fuk for that
    that unders bet should have been sweat free only
    for buffon

relieved :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement