Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

dsmythy wrote: »
    If you look at a German or British compilation it's mostly near misses and messing at roundabouts. Go to Polish Dutch and Australian ones and it's mayhem. I wonder why that is?

Reasons for Polish

xDRRoDH.png

+

3jaWIPT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

argolis wrote: »
    Did you/they stop at all? Looks like they hit off you and might have scratched the car. I'd be raging if they did and just cycled off!

No damage, if it was a newer car I might have stopped and checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    One from this morning.:rolleyes:

I had a bike end up under my wheel last year. I was coming to a stop heard a smack and the back wheel went over something as I stopped. Looked in mirror and saw cyclist on the ground

Nearly shat myself thinking I'd done something and not looked. Seems she had slid off her bike in the rain going too fast and under she nearly went too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Sure was your fault for

A Not having a high Viz car
    B Exceeding 0 Kph in a city area
    C Not waiting at least 30 seconds before moving to allow you to look all around.
    D For actually daring to drive in Dublin to get somewhere

etc. etc.

Pretty sure the cyclist gave an apologetic wave afterwards.

zubair wrote: »

And then legged it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

zubair wrote: »

Pretty sure your sarcasm detector is Fubar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The key point is that I drive and am aware of how things work in real life and time, as far as I know you don't.
    So you're one of the lads for whom every amber lights comes as a total and utter surprise then.

Sure was your fault for

A Not having a high Viz car
    B Exceeding 0 Kph in a city area
    C Not waiting at least 30 seconds before moving to allow you to look all around.
    D For actually daring to drive in Dublin to get somewhere

etc. etc.
    Not the smartest of moves by the cyclist for sure, though certainly, looking around before you drive off is generally accepted as a fairly good idea, but I know it's difficult to drag drivers away from their phones to actually keep an eye on the roads around them.

A hi-vis car might have helped too in fairness.

Good clip, but if you don't mind me mentioning... the title could be a little more politically correct.

Not so much 'politically correct' as not choosing to punch down on people with intellectual disabilities. If Ricky Gervais can see the sense in not using mong as an insult, it's not exactly the height of political correctness.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ricky-gervais-i-was-wrong-about-mong-hqd96pnqkmg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    One from this morning.:rolleyes:

WTF kind of angle was that to take on a bike - that wasn't filtering or going with traffic, but an almost 90deg dive bomb :D:D

Lack of awareness all round.. especially the cyclist tho - should have copped in and known the lights had just changed and not to cut across like that - seriously wtf

(glad no one hurt or damaged!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

In the very first clip it sounds like both parties know each other and both have been drinking. ****ing hell :mad:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Took the wrong slip road to the motorway? No problem, just reverse to where you want to be! M11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You would have to wonder is the second Garda car going to cause more issues than he'll solve. Surprised either are allowed go up the M'way the wrong direction even if chasing a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If they get the chance they could pin him against the centre barrier.

At least they stand out more as I'm sure you seen the blue lights.

If they get the chance they could pin him against the centre barrier.

At least they stand out more as I'm sure you seen the blue lights.

True, It's not my footage I saw it linked on a news feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the closest squad car chasing him would have tried to get in front of him to stop him once there were no on coming cars in sight. It looked to me like they were attempting to evade the Gardai rather than driving the wrong way in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭kirving

That an X5 chasing him?

That an X5 chasing him?

Yep I think so probably ERU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Everyone in a big rush this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Everyone in a big rush this evening.

How people crash on straight roads. Question answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Found this one from a while back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sorry for the chat.
    Can anyone point out the chat thread with where to buy a dash cam, offers etc

Need one for the other halves car.

kceire wrote: »
    Sorry for the chat.

I believe a MOD inadvertently shutdown the last one, I'm not sure if a new one was ever started so you may be the pioneer :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81902582

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kceire wrote: »
    Sorry for the chat.

I bought an Orskey one off Amazon £29.99 and working away a year now.

Picture good, no connection to phone though but I had a ddpai and failed after 12 months

I don't think I'd bother spending£110 again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

I got these two this morning;

First one was very close, a brown pants moment for the guy in front although it should be said trucks are not allowed on this road, residential and too narrow.

The second one was more a case of the cement truck driver flexing his muscles on the white van man for trying a sneaky pass up the inside only realising too late that the truck was actually turning left.

• Advertisement

Jesus that first one was fair close. Yer man in the Octavia is some gob****e.

Advertisement