Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

blinding wrote: »
    So even You agree the Eu is full of Useless Politicians .:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Absolutely amazing isn't it...Still they'll be like a dog with a bone

• Registered Users Posts: 67,030 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So even You agree the Eu is full of Useless Politicians .:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Everywhere has useless politicians, and politicians who do bad stuff and some who do good stuff.

Are you with us in the real world there blinding? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Everywhere has useless politicians, and politicians who do bad stuff and some who do good stuff.

Are you with us in the real world there blinding? :rolleyes:
    I am not promoting the Eu while saying that it is full of Useless Politicians:eek::eek::eek:

Perhaps you should read your own Posts !

I am not promoting the Eu while saying that it is full of Useless Politicians:eek::eek::eek:

Perhaps you should read your own Posts !

Perhaps you should read mine?

I had serious doubts for your interpretive skills already, but you just convinced me.

Where did I say 'The EU is full of useless politicians'?

Typical conspiracy theory tinfoil hat leap made there blinding and ArchX.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    you ignored my question. What would a united states of Europe look like and how are we progressing towards it?

Let's see we have a flag, an anthem, a soon to be EU army, a parliament(not bad for a trading bloc), one currency, EU law supercedes our own law... Yeah I'd say its safe to say we're marching down the federal route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Let's see we have a flag, an anthem, a soon to be EU army, a parliament(not bad for a trading bloc), one currency, EU law supercedes our own law... Yeah I'd say its safe to say we're marching down the federal route

Good.

I had serious doubts for your interpretive skills already, but you just convinced me.

So we didn't have to revote on Lisbon, Sarkozy never said the Irish would have to vote again and he didn't arrive to Dublin within a week... Me thinks youre throwing the conspiracy label about to big up your own narrative :)

https://brexitcentral.com/irish-observer-warned-2013-pro-eu-elite-seek-block-brexit/

Europe is full of 'useless' politicians. We send our fair share of them.
    I present your Post . A devotee of the Eu with its Useless Politicians .

Get off your knees . You were long enough on them to the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire .

Good.

Grand so... Do you think the people of Europe will get a say on this?

Take your time :)

They Yearn to be on Their Knees Again .:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Get off your knees . You were long enough on them to the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire .

If that is the level of discussion in UK about European Union? A proud nation proud of its educational institutions and this is the result? OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

I’m glad that our looney fringe seems to be less well organized than the UK version. This thread shows that there are plenty of people who would happily see the EU destroyed for reasons unknown to the majority of the population.

As others have pointed out, we need the EU more than ever especially with a basket case on our doorstep. We’d be terribly isolated if we weren’t part of a bigger bloc.

Here you are Francie...

Just in case you think it wasn't well documented at the time...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/2437817/Nicolas-Sarkozy-Ireland-must-vote-again-on-EU-Lisbon-treaty.html

Panrich wrote: »
    I’m glad that our looney fringe seems to be less well organized than the UK version. This thread shows that there are plenty of people who would happily see the EU destroyed for reasons unknown to the majority of the population.

As others have pointed out, we need the EU more than ever especially with a basket case on our doorstep. We’d be terribly isolated if we weren’t part of a bigger bloc.
    Get off your Knees . Irish people spend more than enough time on their Knees to the British / Catholic Church Empires .

Break the habit . The Men and women from 1916 / 1922 certainly got off theirs .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,626 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Get off your Knees . Irish people spend more than enough time on their Knees to the British / Catholic Church Empires .

I remember it well the Great Emancipation from the Catholic Church in 1922.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dytalus wrote: »
    Then they would be wrong.

Ireland: Votes no to the Nice Treaty.
    EU: "Why did you vote no? We talked over this beforehand."
    Ireland: "A lot of us have problems with X, Y, and Z. Please to be fixing them."
    EU: "Okay. We've changed the treaty and have legally binding documents which address your concerns. Are you happy with the new treaty?"
    Ireland: "Yes, thank you. You are a good friend, Europe."

The same happened with Lisbon as well. Neither Nice 2.0, nor Lisbon 2.0, were reruns of the same treaty.

It's very democratic to address concerns and put an amended view to the people. Even domestically we've had more than one separate refunds regarding abortion and divorce here.

So it's perplexing how much the brexiteers object to having a new referendum specifically about what type of BREXIT they want now that the reality is obvious. One man's democracy is another man's BREXIT means BREXIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No matter how many times you keep saying it, it still doesn't make any sense.

Boggles wrote: »
    I remember it well the Great Emancipation from the Catholic Church in 1922.

Good times.
    We are just about off our Knees from the Catholic Church now .

Why stay down their for the Eu . Leo’s stoop is getting worse every time he goes to Brussels . He is wearing the knees off his trousers . Sinning in Brussels .

You do know that Europe is a landmass of many countries? And the EU is a union of some of them?

Dear oh dear. You got it bad. The tinfoil hat must be chapping your poor old head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Will somebody just get up off their knees before blinding has an aneurysm.

• Advertisement

Here you are Francie...

Just in case you think it wasn't well documented at the time...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/2437817/Nicolas-Sarkozy-Ireland-must-vote-again-on-EU-Lisbon-treaty.html

And he has many more times made statements on our corporation tax having to end.

French President states something...if it happens...evidence of conspiracy theory.

French President states something....it doesn't happen...ah shure, it's still all a conspiracy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You do know that Europe is a landmass of many countries? And the EU is a union of some of them?

Dear oh dear. You got it bad. The tinfoil hat must be chapping your poor old head there.
    You are not waving , you are drowning .

You admit that the Eu is full of useless politicians and yet you support these useless politicians .

There is a Tower in Paris I will sell ya . Nobody will miss the Eiffel Tower .Yours for a song .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

I'm seriously starting to regret not having emigrated to Canada or Australia back in 2008. This whole Brexit mess is starting to get very worrying and I'm getting the sense that a deep recession is just over the horizon.

All I'm seeing is the same argument going on since that referendum was called. There's been zero progress and the whole thing now seems to be ratcheting up towards some kind of jingoistic crescendo.

I'm rapidly losing all confidence in the system in general. Lots of things that I assumed could be taken for granted can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

I heard her doubling down on it on Newsnight. She claimed that many many people in the UK agreed with her...of that I have no doubt.

No doubt. Come to think of it, maybe her popularity isn’t so mysterious after all. It seems that if you say things in a plummy enough voice you can convince a lot of people that you must know what you’re on about.

You admit that the Eu is full of useless politicians and yet you support these useless politicians .
    )

Everyone always thinks politicians are useless and have done since the dawn of politics.

The only thing different for all the people in the uk moaning about the ones in the EU will be that once they leave they might have to face up to the fact that their problems (whatever amount iof them arent imaginary ones) with politicians are still there and the country isnt suddenly the utopia they think it will be..

The eu should give them the hard Brexit come hell or high water in Oct then shut the borders of europe to them. Send all the "ex pats" home from their life in sunny spain and tell them to apply for visas and they might get them a few months down the line.

Enough of this softly softly **** and talks of integration and the expectation of keeping all benefits they want
    from the eu. Show the the harsh realities of being an outsider.

Everyone always thinks politicians are useless and have done since the dawn of politics.

The only thing different for all the people in the uk moaning about the ones in the EU will be that once they leave they might have to face up to the fact that their problems (whatever amount iof them arent imaginary ones) with politicians are still there and the country isnt suddenly the utopia they think it will be..

The eu should give them the hard Brexit come hell or high water in Oct then shut the borders of europe to them. Send all the "ex pats" home from their life in sunny spain and tell them to apply for visas and they might get them a few months down the line.

Enough of this softly softly **** and talks of integration. Show the the harsh realities of being an outsider.
    Leo will sh!t himself if there is a No Deal Brexit .

Enough to slide up that Banister in downing Street .

The 26 Counties will not be able to cope with a No Deal .

I can see all the Port staff in Wales being needed in other places for a start . End of land Bridge day one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Enough of this softly softly **** and talks of integration and the expectation of keeping all benefits they want
    from the eu. Show the the harsh realities of being an outsider.

Perhaps, as long as you're happy that we become collateral damage. At the end of the day one certainty is that we can't change either our geography or our history. And both those factors will have a big influence on how things pan out for us here on the western fringes of Europe.

Anyone who pretends otherwise has their head stuck firmly in the sand.

You are not waving , you are drowning .

There is a Tower in Paris I will sell ya . Nobody will miss the Eiffel Tower .Yours for a song .;)

Double down and triple down on your misreading of the post ('Europe' is different to the 'EU') all you want, the joke is on you. :rolleyes:

Leo will sh!t himself if there is a No Deal Brexit .

Enough to slide up that Banister in downing Street .

The 26 Counties will not be able to cope with a No Deal .

I can see all the Port staff in Wales being needed in other places for a start . End of land Bridge day one .

Should you not be advocating a break up of the uk? Surely the uk is as bad a union as the eu and the people of wales, scotland and ni should be ruling themselves and not being told what to do by beurocrats in London?

• Advertisement

Double down and triple down on your misreading of the post ('Europe' is different to the 'EU') all you want, the joke is on you. :rolleyes:
    You are still drowning . Try to get to the bank / beach .:roll eyes:

Don’t get in the deep water again , without Supervision .;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement