Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends boxing 02/11 Taylor v Linardatou, Canelo vs Kovalev

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

megadodge wrote: »
    I'll try to make this as simple as possible, but....

I don't like soccer.

I have "no interest" in watching one shower of fairies trying to outcheat the other.

Therefore....
    I don't watch soccer.
    I don't post about soccer.
    I don't talk about soccer.

You claim to have "next to no interest" in Katie's pro career and then proceed to go on and on and on and on about something you have no interest in! That's a complete contradiction.

That’s a bit harsh on soccer players. Not all fairies..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Big Ears wrote: »
    Taylor did more than enough to win, but again probably not as impressive as many of us were hoping for.

I was happy to see her box off the back door, but I'd have like to see the occasional body shot or more spiteful shot to the head from her to try and stop Linardatou's advances.

She's unbeaten, she unified the Lightweight division and has picked up a World title at Light-Welterweight.....but I feel she's racing against the clock to achieve her legacy.
    Not because of her own age, but because the talent pool is growing in Women's boxing and she's just about getting it done as is.
    I'm hoping she'll have enough to beat Serrano, Persoon in a rematch and an old Braekhus, but if she does achieve that, I'd hope even more she calls it a day there.

Ironically a victim of her own success. She's helped draw attention to women's pro boxing, which is bringing more money to it and prestige, and therefore convincing more to turn over.

Agree 100%. Couldnt hear sound very well but i think i heard harper say taylor was the reason she was there tonight, as in being a pro boxer. If i got that right, its a nice compliment. They all owe her because she is creating interest and opportunity for the sport in general if they can keep it going.

Serrano, persoon, braekhurst is a formidable line up. Will take something to go unbeaten i think.

walshb wrote: »
    Like I said, maybe the eyes are going..

I struggled to see any real decent clean and effective shots landing.

The whole fight she was pushed back trying to nick shots here and there, but I wasn’t seeing any good shots...

I am not asking for toe to toe ears here. But it’s boxing, not tickling. Gimme some decent offence...

I have seen her fight and perform far better than this...

It was a bit tentative i did think, but also smart. Isnt she in the business of winning rather than merely going to entertain fans? There are bigger battles ahead and she's not getting younger. Did what she had to do and got out of there. Made a decent fighter look quite amateurish at times which i thought was good to watch. But no classic, will agree there.

It was a bit tentative i did think, but also smart. Isnt she in the business of winning rather than merely going to entertain fans? There are bigger battles ahead and she's not getting younger. Did what she had to do and got out of there. Made a decent fighter look quite amateurish at times which i thought was good to watch. But no classic, will agree there.

No issue with boxing clever and winning....but score some actual credible punches...

Turn off the usual OTT Sky commentary for their fighter and you may not be seeing near as much shots as Smith and Macklin would have you believe landed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Crolla looking pretty horrendous here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Bit of pantomime going on with crolla fight. Are they working the crowd or is he just passed it?

Morrison J wrote: »
    Crolla looking pretty horrendous here

Same old Crolla!

BDI wrote: »
    Bit of pantomime going on with crolla fight. Are they working the crowd or is he just passed it?

Think Lomachenko took what was left of him. Crolla probably going to win this on superior fitness alone anyway.

No issue with boxing clever and winning....but score some actual credible punches...

Turn off the usual OTT Sky commentary for their fighter and you may not be seeing near as much shots as Smith and Macklin would have you believe landed...

Thanks for the tip! Will be interested to see the post fight stats to see how superior taylors punch landed percentage was. Bottom line, potential hard job done with not too much fuss, swollen eye excepted. Roll on next frontier.

Thanks for the tip! Will be interested to see the post fight stats to see how superior taylors punch landed percentage was. Bottom line, potential hard job done with not too much fuss, swollen eye excepted. Roll on next frontier.

Those punch stats can be very misleading...

Shots getting scored that glance, hit arms and even miss...

• Advertisement

Will it be a draw here and crolla coming out of retirement with unfinished business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Shocking last 2 scorecards

Did he **** win 8 rounds haha

Robbery............ unfinished business rematch

Followed by trilogy rematch

€€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Disgusting scoring there. Rancid.

BDI wrote: »
    Robbery............ unfinished business rematch

Followed by trilogy rematch

€€€€€

PPV........

PPV........

Feel sorry for the lad he was fighting. Probably waiting on the decision knowing it’ll be the greatest moment of his career and hearing one judge scored you 7? points down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What a night of boxing. Katie was amazing. Cash v Cullen was my fight of the night. Nice send off for Corolla but he didn't win IMO. Hopefully the guy he was fighting will be given good fight by Hearn. One of the analysts said same. But wow what a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What time Canelo fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What time Canelo fighting?

5am

Could push 6am I'd say even. They're waiting till the UFC finishes.

https://twitter.com/KrusherKovalev/status/1190772390931791876?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Fancy kovalev tonight. Think its a weight too much for saul

One thing that I don't think is being mentioned is that Canelo looks to have packed a **** load of muscle on. His gas tank has always been a big issue for him. Having to work for three minutes a round against a bigger man while carrying that excess muscle will definitely test that gas tank.

Too many variables in this fight for me to put any sort of bet on tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Could push 6am I'd say even. They're waiting till the UFC finishes.

https://twitter.com/KrusherKovalev/status/1190772390931791876?s=19

**** that. I'm going to bed.

Ring walks finally about to start now.

Honestly an embarrassment that DAZN made the biggest name in boxing wait an hour for the UFC card to finish for this fight to start.

Ring walks finally about to start now.

Honestly an embarrassment that DAZN made the biggest name in boxing wait an hour for the UFC card to finish for this fight to start.

Why didnt they just start the whole card later?

Why didnt they just start the whole card later?

No idea. Absolute ****show tbh. Now getting three different national anthems. Could have easily done this during the last hour of fill time.

Is this the United Nations? **** the anthems, c'mon ta ****.

No idea. Absolute ****show tbh. Now getting three different national anthems. Could have easily done this during the last hour of fill time.

They should do one of those mash ups of the three anthems...get it done in 2 minutes. Like me and the missus

Please Kovalev.

Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

One each so far

Advertisement