Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena line €4 rtn to Wales

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Currently on the boat with Anglesey in sight. Calm crossing and it looks like clear skies ahead:)

The Anglesey coastal path is lovely (although maybe not quite as spectacular as the Pembrokeshire costal path). Did a section of it recently. Would be perfect on a day like today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Currently on the boat with Anglesey in sight. Calm crossing and it looks like clear skies ahead:)

how was Conwy, great place in this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Did this trip again last week. This time I went alone and took the bike. No questions or issues when I arrived at both Dublin & Holyhead with the bike. It simply went on with all other other luggage for free. I got great weather and it certainly made 'Anglesey' a nice place to explore for the day on bike. Some very nice parks and beaches. The sailing over was dead smooth and OK wifi over and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

scudzilla wrote: »
    how was Conwy, great place in this weather

Had a fantastic day..kids (and us) came home exhausted.

We got the 13:24 train from HH to Conwy..its a request only stop. Tell the guard and wave the train down on the platform on the way back..it slows down by default. WH Smiths cafe at the station is expensive!!

Had lunch in the Galleon Chippy in the middle of the town. ..fish,chips, bread/butter and tea for £8.50. An adult sausage and chips was the same quantity as 2 kids meals but a lot cheaper.

We went up to the castle for an hour and then down to the quays for an ice cream (a bit pricey)

There was a choice of the 17:17 or 18:24 back. Everything shuts in the HH by 5:30!

If you are parking the car in Dublin, get there by 7:30 on weekdays..earlier at weekends. Its €9 for the day..coins or card only at the machine.Thers only 20 or so spaces.

Train was £45 return. 2 aduts , 1 child and 1 child free.
    The trip probably cost about €200 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 glanboy

I purchased one of these four euro return deals what are the accommodation offers like in the area and could someone recommend a cheap place to stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roadster5

Interested in doing this on the bike for a day. Where did you cycle to Bargain Hound - any particular routes anyone would recommend for a days cycling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Can't use this return crossing now, pm if you want it!

ROSSLARE-FISHGUARD
    Departing: Thu 03/08/2017 08:00
    Arriving: Thu 03/08/2017 11:15
    Passengers (including driver if applicable) Adult x 1

FISHGUARD-ROSSLARE
    Departing: Tue 08/08/2017 23:45
    Arriving: Wed 09/08/2017 04:00
    Passengers (including driver if applicable) Adult x 1

Price information
    Outward
    St. Patricks Day Foot Passenger Special 2.00 EUR
    Homeward
    Adult 2.00 EUR
    Total Price 4.00 EUR
    Amount paid 4.00 EUR
    Outstanding balance 0.00 EUR

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This offer is back again! Meant to post yesterday but completely forgot.

Book before 11pm tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Wales is definitely on my bucket list as it's the only "country" in the UK I have yet to visit. Considered doing the Dublin-Holyhead/Conwy North Wales ferry trip or flying from Cork to Cardiff and seeing south Wales. Will probably be a 2-3 day trip at most. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New thread covering it, can be used instead :> HERE

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement