Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Euro ferry Dublin to Holyhead (4euro RTN)

Options
  • 17-03-2018 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭

So at 6am Stena are doing their yearly 2euro each way ferry offers for Paddy's day, limited to 10 tickets per sailing so be quick
    Sail anytime up to 15 December travelling from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard, BUT only 10 of these special sainted tickets are available per sailing and it’s all over on 18 March, so use the luck and get booking!

Here's the link, this is active now, 6hrs before it goes live

https://www.stenaline.ie/stpatricksday/foot

4 quid return!!!

Now i posted this last year and the year before, great idea for a very cheap day out in the summer with the kids....

Getting 08:10 ferry from Dublin, getting into Holyhead at 11:50

Returning on 20:30 ferry from Holyhead, getting into Dublin at 23:45

Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

A few boardsies have done that exact itinerary over the last 2yrs and loved it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Getting error on the link - "An error has occured in the application. Please go back and try again.".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Getting error on the link - "An error has occured in the application. Please go back and try again.".

Offer is live now

https://www.stenaline.ie/stpatricksday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nice one OP. They are going fast. Booked a day in May. Presume plenty of day parking down around the port, as you haven't a hope of public transport coming in at midnight.

Would have fancied a spin around Portmerion, but don't think the train goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

sorted. thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭GIMP

Thanks op great bargain. Can someone definitely advise where you can park around the port?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone know the cheapest way to get from Holyhead to London?? Just wondering in relation to Wireless festival in July

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just booked 2 tickets for next Saturday, 8 euro :)

Wasn't planning anything, now I have a plan :)

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

Great spot OP Thanks

Anyone know the cheapest way to get from Holyhead to London?? Just wondering in relation to Wireless festival in July

Train would be about 100quid rtn from holyhead, it's actually cheaper to buy a rail and sail and go from dublin to london than it is just a train from holyhead to london!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GIMP wrote: »
    Thanks op great bargain. Can someone definitely advise where you can park around the port?

Just checked and there is a long term car park, 9 euro per day.

This is getting an expensive trip :)

GIMP wrote: »

As it's Stena you can park right outside the building but parking is VERY limited, maybe 15 spots, if they're full you 'll have to park it at The Irish Ferries terminal, which is a few mins walk from the Stena one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice one OP, booked it to stay in Liverpool for my birthday weekend in August. Even if I end up changing plans it’s only €4 I’ll miss out on, brilliant BA thanks very much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Booked for a Liverpool match, but once I added up the train cost it worked out cheaper to fly so at least now I have a backup if the Ryanair pilots go on strike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Know if it matters if the names on the tickets are correct?

I could buy some tickets now, speculating about who'd be available to come with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hurray - thanks OP!

Booked tickets for two dates we have sailing races back from Wales - gives me cheap options for getting there without having to take leave from work :D

Stupidly (it being nearly 5am) I didn't realise I didn't have to book a return when booking the first one, so if anyone wants a ticket from Holyhead to Dublin on 12/5 on the 2030 sailing, you're more than welcome to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

scudzilla wrote: »
    As it's Stena you can park right outside the building but parking is VERY limited, maybe 15 spots, if they're full you 'll have to park it at The Irish Ferries terminal, which is a few mins walk from the Stena one

We did this trip 2 years ago and found a spot at the Stena Line about 10 minutes before boarding. There were a couple of others too

The vast, vast majority of passengers don’t park there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I missed a ferry many years back due to roadworks and had the misfortune of having to spend an evening/night in Holyhead. How can I put this politely? It was an absolute sh*thole! Has anything changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

digitaldr wrote: »
    I missed a ferry many years back due to roadworks and had the misfortune of having to spend an evening/night in Holyhead. How can I put this politely? It was an absolute sh*thole! Has anything changed?

No!

I was there a couple of weeks ago for 10 hours trying to get home before the country shut down (the airport already had, for all intents and purposes). The terminal is a draughty shed basically, and there was literally nothing open. We were lucky that we had a rental car so decamped to a nearby hotel who humoured us for a few hours but then even they kicked us out.

You'd definitely want to be going to Holyhead as a midpoint to somewhere else!

I'm from North Wales and we all know that Holyhead is a total kip, avoid whenever possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

I'm from North Wales and we all know that Holyhead is a total kip, avoid whenever possible

+1 on this

Was stranded her overnight as a kid on a family holiday.... Still traumatized

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So at 6am Stena are doing their yearly 2euro each way ferry offers for Paddy's day, limited to 10 tickets per sailing so be quick
    Sail anytime up to 15 December travelling from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard, BUT only 10 of these special sainted tickets are available per sailing and it’s all over on 18 March, so use the luck and get booking!

Here's the link, this is active now, 6hrs before it goes live

https://www.stenaline.ie/stpatricksday/foot

4 quid return!!!

Now i posted this last year and the year before, great idea for a very cheap day out in the summer with the kids....

Getting 08:10 ferry from Dublin, getting into Holyhead at 11:50

Returning on 20:30 ferry from Holyhead, getting into Dublin at 23:45

Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

A few boardsies have done that exact itinerary over the last 2yrs and loved it
    Did it last year. Great day but definitely cost more than 20 quid!

Have I time for anywhere else other than Conway.?
    What's Bangor like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Did you hear about the wastewater disaster in North Wales??? Sh/t got Rhyl!!!!

Did it last year. Great day but definitely cost more than 20 quid!

Have I time for anywhere else other than Conway.?
    What's Bangor like?

My hometown, Llandudno, 2 great beaches, massive pier, the great orme, ski slope with toboggan.
    Train stop after Conwy is Llandudno Junction, change there, then a 5min train to Llandudno

20 quid is cost of whole trip, what you spend on coke and hookers is extra

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Holy head is a total kip of a place. The nicest part of it is the all the nice cars people have bought and are taking home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

According to Eddie Jones the whole of Wales is a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Yeah, the roadworks are finished now.

Got this deal last year, Conwy is a great place - weather was fantastic.
    Stayed in a b&b over a pub near port in holyhead - a lot nicer that expected. And there's a lidl right next door!!!
    (I don't get why people give Holyhead such a hard time... it's a town with a big port in it - of course it's going to be a bit rough and ready.)

PARKING: work on the assumption that there will be no parking at the Stena line terminal in Dublin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Holyhead is an absolutely awful town but the rest of the island is actually really nice with some lovely scenery.

I've just booked my €4 deal and will have about 6 or 7 hours to walk to the South Stack lighthouse and back... probably about 10 - 12 miles all said and done with some glorious scenery to boot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

I agree. Dont ever get stuck in Holyhead. Its like the scene from The IT Crowd where the smokers had to go outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

missed out on it this year
    last year was enjoyable and the ferry was practically empty on a weekday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement