Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena line €4 rtn to Wales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

recyclops wrote: »
    myself and 5 mates were paying 490 to get ferry over for the ireland v wales game in cardiff, we have now booked 4 foot passangers and one car total is now working in at around 240.

wonderful bargain

Me and 5 lads sorted too. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

mrcheez wrote: »
    Bringing bike is free I imagine?

I doubt it as there is a separate booking procedure for bikes (much more expensive) but would like to know if any cyclist have availed of this offer previously.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

In case it hasn't been mentioned you should all be able to exit the boat in the car as no cross check takes place about car occupancy when disembarking, will save time versus having the car collect the door passengers at the terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Do stena and Irish ferries use the same terminal in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cheers OP, its gone up ! thought it was €2 return last year, now its €4 :D

Thats inflation for ye.

People should be clever and save as much as they can until the next recession then buy big ticket items like cars and houses as they do be a lot cheaper then and when things get good again you can sell some off to silly people with more money than sense and make a profit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

ALS wrote: »
    So I wanna do this this with the wife and 2 kids (aged 3 & 2).. is their enough to do on the boat for 3 and half hours for them? I was also thinking of booking a cabin for the extra 32 for the kids if they needed a lie on?
    There is a free cinema on the ship for kids also they do an arts n crafts thing on board which lasts about an hour plus the novelty of going up on deck to have a gander around , I done it last year and my gang had a good day out
    I'd say skip the cinema. Go exploring around the ship twice, look at the sea and the waves out the window, and go exploring again :)
    Do stena and Irish ferries use the same terminal in Dublin?
    I think T1 is Irish Ferries and T2 is Stena - like next to each other.
    http://www.dublinport.ie/information-centre/guide-port-entry/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

Think I'll book a ticket just to see all these gangs of lads. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

pilly wrote: »
    Think I'll book a ticket just to see all these gangs of lads. :D:D

the gangs of lads will be heading over to the game expect cans and poker matches a plenty

recyclops wrote: »
    the gangs of lads will be heading over to the game expect cans and poker matches a plenty

Doesn't stop me having a look at the eye candy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bringing bike is free I imagine?

anyone?

• Advertisement

anyone?

I wouldn't imagine it is no. The fare is "on Foot".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

AMKC wrote: »
    Thats inflation for ye.

People should be clever and save as much as they can until the next recession then buy big ticket items like cars and houses as they do be a lot cheaper then and when things get good again you can sell some off to silly people with more money than sense and make a profit.

:D
    ^^^^
    =
    :D
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I wouldn't imagine it is no. The fare is "on Foot".

ah nuts... really need to get one of those fold-em-ups for such situations. €4 day trip and free transport once in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Trying random dates and it seems to be sold out on every day unless you're willing to travel at some ungodly hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Bambi wrote: »
    Trying random dates and it seems to be sold out on every day unless you're willing to travel at some ungodly hour

I'd say half those who booked won't show up

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I'd say half those who booked won't show up

That won't help me booking now though :D

I'm not rolling into holyhead at 5am..

Bambi wrote: »
    That won't help me booking now though :D

I'm not rolling into holyhead at 5am..

You were too late off the mark Bambi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

You were too late off the mark Bambi.

No, stena were too early off the mark :p

yannakis wrote: »

this did not deliver :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Booked this. Thanks OP.

It's gas they don't have a shuttle for all their arrivals. No motons shuttle for those arriving in at midnight. I suppose a 15 eur taxi to the city is the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

breathn wrote: »
    Booked this. Thanks OP.

It's gas they don't have a shuttle for all their arrivals. No motons shuttle for those arriving in at midnight. I suppose a 15 eur taxi to the city is the best bet

What dates did u get if you don't mind me asking? I can't get any dates in now

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That's my return to Pembrokeshire to carry on from where I left off last year on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path sorted!

The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path has to be the most fantastic thing right on our doorstep that most people have never heard of and getting there for only two quid makes it a complete no-brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Quackster wrote: »
    That's my return to Pembrokeshire to carry on from where I left off last year on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path sorted!

The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path has to be the most fantastic thing right on our doorstep that most people have never heard of and getting there for only two quid makes it a complete no-brainer!

Any ideas where is the best section if you wanted to walk it for 3 days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Quackster wrote: »

Same, cant wait, booked in August!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any ideas where is the best section if you wanted to walk it for 3 days ?

Either side of Fishguard is very nice but maybe the ideal option for you that should make a good three days' walking is St David's to Fishguard.

Assuming you're on the evening ferry into Fishguard at 0:30, get a bus to St David's early the following morning.

St. David's, the smallest city (village!) in the UK, is well worth a few hours wandering around and having a coffee/bite.

Plot a route on the public paths out of the city west to the coast and once you hit it, veer north back towards Fishguard on the coastal path itself.

Plenty of accommodation options along the way but best working out exactly what you'll be walking each day in advance so you can book accommodation before you travel, especially in the peak season.

I'd recommend picking up the following map: www.bookdepository.com/Pembroke-Coast-Path-XT40/9781851374595

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Booked a date for the day for me and my boyfriend in Oct, now to figure out what to do in Wales :pac::pac:

Thanks you OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Thank you very much OP, got a week in October for me & my family, would be heading over that time of year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Booked a date for the day for me and my boyfriend in Oct, now to figure out what to do in Wales :pac::pac:

Thanks you OP!!

a few did this on my recommendation last year and said it was great

scudzilla wrote: »
    Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

scudzilla wrote: »
    a few did this on my recommendation last year and said it was great

Currently on the boat with Anglesey in sight. Calm crossing and it looks like clear skies ahead:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement