Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena line €4 rtn to Wales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

ALS wrote:
    Book now , when it's gone it's gone !

Cheers and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's to do once in Wales ferry port ? Do folk usually get a bus/train somewhere for sightseeing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Cheers op was waiting for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Thanks OP great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    What's to do once in Wales ferry port ? Do folk usually get a bus/train somewhere for sightseeing ?

Someone from Wales had a great post on last year's thread if someone could find it? Listed some things to do if I recall correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Someone from Wales had a great post on last year's thread if someone could find it? Listed some things to do if I recall correct.

Agreed, I've tried to find it to post a link to it here but no luck, search facility is dire.

If someone can find it it's a mine of information directly related to day trips to Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This would be great! Been through Holyhead before, but had transport out of there. Would be great to see if there the train/bus brought you anywhere decent for a night or two

• Registered Users Posts: 19,937 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think the post was saying going to holyhead was the better option, then going for a day trip to a town called Conwy, which is meant to be lovely, especially in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,937 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭NLC1072

All booked, going to take the bus to porthmadog and set up a tent at the campsite there and see the national parks via the little narrow gauge railways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

I got excited but I think there no way to book a car on this offer as well, right?

Some pricesless crappy design to make my day though:

g54MbRG.pngMlii6Xo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

yannakis wrote: »
    I got excited but I think there no way to book a car on this offer as well, right?

Some pricesless crappy design to make my day though:

g54MbRG.pngMlii6Xo.png

Eh no, they are not going to let you load a 1.5 ton car on to their ship and cross the Irish Sea and back with it for €4, seriously :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi when booking do people usually book a cabin thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

not its only 3 hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Thanks it's my first time booking ferry great deal

Eh no, they are not going to let you load a 1.5 ton car on to their ship and cross the Irish Sea and back with it for €4, seriously :rolleyes:

Not sure if that's sarcasm.. :rolleyes:

I was expecting to be able to pay whatever the car price is +€2 per pax. Random quote for one way for Car+1 Pax is €162. For Car+2 pax is €206 which kind of shows pax price at €44 instead of €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

yeah, that was me, here it is again
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Not sure if that's sarcasm.. :rolleyes:

I was expecting to be able to pay whatever the car price is +€2 per pax. Random quote for one way for Car+1 Pax is €162. For Car+2 pax is €206 which kind of shows pax price at €44 instead of €2.

So could you not book the extra passenger by foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pilly wrote: »

yes, i've done this a few times with offers, booked just myself and car, wife and friends booked seperately through offer and walked on the boat, drove off with me.

if you do this ALWAYS tell customer services on boat that you're taking 'x' amount of foot passengers off with you in car, because if they do a head count when foot passengers leave and are short they tend to panic :pac:

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »

Still, the first pax will be 40something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Filipa

Still, the first pax will be 40something :pac:

No, the car fare includes the driver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Filipa wrote: »
    No, the car fare includes the driver.

Yeah, I would presume you can't book a car to go on it's own!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

So I wanna do this this with the wife and 2 kids (aged 3 & 2).. is their enough to do on the boat for 3 and half hours for them? I was also thinking of booking a cabin for the extra 32 for the kids if they needed a lie on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bringing bike is free I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

There is a free cinema on the ship for kids also they do an arts n crafts thing on board which lasts about an hour plus the novelty of going up on deck to have a gander around , I done it last year and my gang had a good day out

So I wanna do this this with the wife and 2 kids (aged 3 & 2).. is their enough to do on the boat for 3 and half hours for them? I was also thinking of booking a cabin for the extra 32 for the kids if they needed a lie on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

ALS wrote: »
    There is a free cinema on the ship for kids also they do an arts n crafts thing on board which lasts about an hour plus the novelty of going up on deck to have a gander around , I done it last year and my gang had a good day out

did you just come back on the return sailing ? I could imagine keeping them entertained for one sailing but two might be s stretch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Not a weekend available for a day trip on the Stena Adventurer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

myself and 5 mates were paying 490 to get ferry over for the ireland v wales game in cardiff, we have now booked 4 foot passangers and one car total is now working in at around 240.

wonderful bargain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

finally booked it after several years of looking :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement