Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena to UK €1 book by 18th [Expired]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Doge wrote: »
    We should organize a Boards Beers meetup on the boat....

...I wonder how long before cabin fever would kick in and we all kill each other! :pac:

Pigeon House probably.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Booked for myself, the missus, the child and one of the grandparents. €8 return really is a terrific deal. Had booked Butlins for the family holiday recently and this couldn't have come at a better time - now just have to pay for the car and driver and it's a real cheap holiday! Roll on September!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dubgurl

Some spaces left: Dublin to Holyhead -
    Thu 12 May
    Departs: 02:15
    Arrives: 05:45
    Stena Superfast X
    St. Patricks Day Foot Passenger Special
    €3.00

or

Thu 12 May
    Departs: 08:20
    Arrives: 11:50
    Stena Adventurer
    St. Patricks Day Foot Passenger Special
    €3.00

Next Return to Dublin from Holyhead is Wed 18 May
    Departs: 20:30
    Arrives: 23:45
    Stena Superfast X

Can't seem to edit post to add the return cost - which is 3 Euros.

Still available!

Dublin Port (T2) - Holyhead (T5)
    Fri 23 Sep 2016, 08:20 – 11:50

Holyhead (T5) - Dublin Port (T2)
    Tue 27 Sep 2016, 20:30 – 23:45

TOTAL :€6.00 PRICE INFORMATION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Any same day return to bring two kids. Seems every date I check is taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

I am travelling tomorrow with the family for a day trip. Do I need to print of tickets or will my confirmation email do?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    I am travelling tomorrow with the family for a day trip. Do I need to print of tickets or will my confirmation email do?

All you need is the booking reference number and some form of official ID for each person travelling.

Quackster wrote:
    All you need is the booking reference number and some form of official ID for each person travelling.

Thanks very much

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks very much

In Stena's own words:

It is not compulsory to bring this e-ticket with you to the port but you will need to be able to quote the booking reference that is included at the top right of this e-ticket when checking-in.

Irish and British citizens travelling on our Irish Sea routes do not need a passport to travel to Britain or Ireland but are advised to take a form of identity. A driving licence, citizenship card or utility bill will usually suffice. If you are travelling with children, a birth certificate will provide adequate proof of identity for your child to travel on our sailings.

Stena themselves don't require you to have ID. It's the idiots at immigration on your return to Ireland who will give you grief if you don't produce acceptable ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Thanks very much

Do let us know how it goes :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dubgurl wrote: »
    Still available!

Dublin Port (T2) - Holyhead (T5)
    Fri 23 Sep 2016, 08:20 – 11:50

Holyhead (T5) - Dublin Port (T2)
    Tue 27 Sep 2016, 20:30 – 23:45

TOTAL :€6.00 PRICE INFORMATION

Cool, booked it cheers

suave.4u wrote:
    Do let us know how it goes :-).

Had a great day trip yesterday.The reference number was enough in Dublin. We needed Id getting off in Holyhead. I have two young kids and they loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Had a great day trip yesterday.The reference number was enough in Dublin. We needed Id getting off in Holyhead. I have two young kids and they loved it.

Had you passports for the children? Our little man will be 9 months old by time we travel over. Will his birth cert do as ID?

Great!!
    Did you park in Dublin port? where there enough spaces?

heldel00 wrote:
    Had you passports for the children? Our little man will be 9 months old by time we travel over. Will his birth cert do as ID?

Yeh I had passports but website says birth certs will do.

suave.4u wrote:
    Great!! Did you park in Dublin port? where there enough spaces?

Yeh we parked at the port. There was spaces left got there about 730 am . It costs €9 euro for the day.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

took the ferry over the weekend.
    Followed your plan scudzilla;was an amazing day.Thanks for that.

Stena line is very spacious and lot of things to keep the kids occupied. I watched a movie in the theater.
    Took a train from Holyhead to Conwy. Conwy sure is a very beautiful place indeed (walked near the pier, went to the castle,smallest house n UK etc). Looking back, I should have spent a whole day there and returned the next day.
    Maybe next time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

suave.4u wrote: »

Stena line is very spacious and lot of things to keep the kids occupied. I watched a movie in the theater.
    Took a train from Holyhead to Conwy. Conwy sure is a very beautiful place indeed (walked near the pier, went to the castle,smallest house n UK etc). Looking back, I should have spent a whole day there and returned the next day.

Nice one, glad you liked it

Going back there in April for 4 days, we're going wit a couple of friends from here, it'll be there first time to North Wales, planning to spend an afternoon in Conwy

Reaching at 11:50AM and return at 20:30
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

Not still 1euro but all day trips now, with these ferry times are 12Euro, still a bargain IMO.

Was in Conwy last week and it was awesome as usual, with the weather turning out nice you can get a great day trip out for 2 adults and 2 kids for around 80euro (train and ferry price)

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferries-to-britain/special-offers/dublin-holyhead-superferry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Bought this for June, a group of 7 of us are going, were all in our mid / late 20's.

Going for 3 days anyone recommend where to go once we get there, journey on to Manchester / Liverpool seem best options. looking for somewhere with decent nightlife and some stuff to do during day.

Going in the morning with the kids. Anyone know What will traffic on the quay's be like around 7am. How long will it take from say the red cow to the port for the 8:20am sailing.
    Also do you need to print the tickets or can they scan the pdf from the phone.

Any help appreciated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain alerts to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just a Reminder: Offer is Expired.

Great info contained herein though so remains open :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

hexosan wrote: »
    Going in the morning with the kids. Anyone know What will traffic on the quay's be like around 7am. How long will it take from say the red cow to the port for the 8:20am sailing.
    Also do you need to print the tickets or can they scan the pdf from the phone.

Any help appreciated

You don't need to print anything, just quote your booking ref at the port, traffic at that time of the morning can be a nightmare, i left Trim one morning at 6:30 and just made the crossing, arriving at 08:00. You should aim for getting to the port for 07:30

Made it to the red cow at 6:50am arrived at the port at 7:20am. There was parking available but the ticket machine wasn't accepting cards.
    Got over no problem. Went for lunch in Holyhead with the kids, barely made it back in time for the ferry. It's a quick turn around.

When you get off the boat you cross the bridge into the town. The centre is to the right and a 10mins walk left brings you to McDonald's.

There's two play areas onboard for kids one at the front of deck 7 beside the cinema the other at the back of deck 8 (aimed more for under 2's)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Did the kids enjoy it? we're off in a few weeks

Thanks for the tips re the play areas

They loved it. Weren't bored at all, never even looked for a phone or tablet to play with. The time goes really quick and plenty for them to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Quick update. Went yesterday. Cut it tight time wise (we thought) and arrived 10 minutes before check in closed. Parking was available out front (€9 for the day) which we paid by card (machine doesn't take notes) and check in couldn't have been simpler as a process. Plenty of other day trippers too

Sailing was smooth. Our little one found the children's play area a little too "babyish" (she's 6 turning on 18!) but the bigger area is on deck 7. The movie lounge passed 90 minutes though. Loads of space on board. Only Deck 8 had food and drink available but as we walked around we didn't mind

Boat was spotless and plenty of staff around cleaning constantly too. We had less than 2 hours in Holyhead so we walked to McDonalds and then picked up some goodies for the trip home in Asda.

Overall a decent day out for €15 for the family (inc parking). Not sure i'd do it again (just for the day trip) but we'll be travelling more by boat soon (with the car)

On passports/immigration. Our passport were checked in Holyhead on arrival. Not in Dublin and neither time checking in (although Dublin asked for our nationalities)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Dodge wrote: »

On passports/immigration. Our passport were checked in Holyhead on arrival. Not in Dublin and neither time checking in (although Dublin asked for our nationalities)

Would they not have let you into Wales without a passport ?

Back in the 90s I to use regularly get the boat over to hollyhead without any need for a passport.

Advertisement