Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random/General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It is time 'the church' was treatred as it is ...... a huge multinational organisation, raking in millions upon millions every year, and not paying a cent tax.
    Break it up and spread its wealth in the poorer countries that it took that wealth from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wow, that letter from the bishop is weird out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭taytobreath

It enforces the idea that the Catholic Church and schools should be kept separate.
    Only a matter of time I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is is the WLR report

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/10/18/yoga-bishop-waterford/

I'm not of the faith so I'm rather surprised that he looks fairly young by Bishop standards. Of course people who complain are maybe missing the point namely the Bish is simply adhering very faithfully (!) to the doctrine of the religion which is his job. It's up to Catholics in the diocese to make their own decision about practicing aspects of Yoga faith and whether it is compatible with their "handed down" faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/waterford-viking-expert-honoured-by-the-norwegian-government-1.4084520

Eamonn McEneaney honoured by the Norwegian government for his Viking work in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone any idea what hours the new art gallery by southern assembly is open, cant find any web info and no sign outside,I thought it was open weeks, certainly well publicised a few weeks ago. nowt happening there at around 12 today anyway.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

New Hillbillies opening in the old Kentucky friday

Not sure what's going into the old place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Does anyone know what is stuck in the power lines going from Mount Misery to Gracedieu? I've spotted it several times when I'm driving so can't get a good look. Is it a bird, or a drone or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

They were put there so swans could see the cables so they could avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

marlin vs wrote: »
    They were put there to stop the swans hitting the cables.
    This doesn't look like it's something which is meant to be there though. There's only 1 of them.

• Advertisement

Ill be passing later, I must have a look.

RIP to Dick Hayes

Didnt know him personally but knew of his great work in music and entertainment in the city and beyond. Condolences to his family and all that knew him. Alfies in Ballybricken will never be he same without him

Any here frequent the Exchange Bar in Ballybricken? Closed by order of health and safety (now reopened)

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/02/10/waterford-pub-forced-closure/

https://www.fsai.ie//uploadedFiles/Enforcement_and_Audit/Orders/CO-001-01-2020_R.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Not surprised by that. Place is an unmerciful ****hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Did How Do die? Someone said it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

JohnC. wrote: »
    Did How Do die? Someone said it this morning.

He's living in a home down in New Ross,that's according to comments i seen on facebook.

I seen that yesterday and today from facebook it looks like he has died

The truth is out there...(spooky music)

https://twitter.com/shadowsuper5/status/1267425979032535040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

He looking well for a man nearly 80 :p

https://blakes7.fandom.com/wiki/Provine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Heard that Knisels is closing as the deal with the staff takeover has fallen through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Gael23 wrote: »
    Heard that Knisels is closing as the deal with the staff takeover has fallen through

This is true. They are selling stock on Facebook according to their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Does anyone remember the name of the restaurant in the original Reg?

Olaf's Steak and Grill.

Olaf's Steak and Grill.

That Olaf moved on to bigger things after 'Frozen'

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Olaf's Steak and Grill.

Really? I thought it was something more "ordinary".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Sitric?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Gemma O'Doherty meant to be in Tramore today

https://www.facebook.com/BillBadbody/videos/276578487038289/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

did she turn up?

Gemma O'Doherty meant to be in Tramore today

Jesus I'm lost for words after watching that, there's something really wrong with those folks, God love them

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Jesus I'm lost for words after watching that, there's something really wrong with those folks, God love them
    It's like a scene from Fr Ted.

• Advertisement

Apparently some weird noises were heard in the skies in various parts of the City last evening, as mentioned by WLRFM.com

Anyone get strange vibes?

Just watching that GOD video - is this a very amusing parody? It feels like it.

edit - yes Bill is a piss artist. More power to him.

Apparently some weird noises were heard in the skies in various parts of the City last evening, as mentioned by WLRFM.com

Anyone get strange vibes?

Just watching that GOD video - is this a very amusing parody? It feels like it.

edit - yes Bill is a piss artist. More power to him.

yea i heard it, i suspect it could have been a meteorite exploding over our atmosphere, or possibly a sonic boom from an aircraft

yea i heard it, i suspect it could have been a meteorite exploding over our atmosphere, or possibly a sonic boom from an aircraft

after looking back at radar playback, the usual sub sonic aircraft were in our airspace last night, but i suspect it may have been non identified military aircraft

this storm deff light up the place (no pun intended) :D:D

County news but no one goes in that forum really.

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/07/13/man-found-after-getting-lost-in-portlaw-woods/
    Gardaí from the Tramore District responded to a call about a man who went missing while walking in Portlaw woods yesterday.

Four friends were out walking in the woods when one became separated from the group. Concerned for the individual, who is not from the area, the men called the Gardaí. Upon arrival at the location, Gardaí carried out an extensive search.

Thankfully, the individual was found an hour later in good health. It is believed the man had stopped to look at something, got confused and ended up walking in a different direction to his friends.

Rumours that circulated locally of human remains being found in Portlaw Woods were unfounded and incorrect, Gardaí confirmed.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

I am not a local :) I was at the tesco beside TK maxx yesterday. pulled in to tesco car park and notice its pay parking, checked a couple of the machines and they seemed to be actually taped up. didn't want to get stung so just left.
    Do you have to pay for parking in this tesco car park?

• Advertisement

obi604 wrote: »
    I am not a local :) I was at the tesco beside TK maxx yesterday. pulled in to tesco car park and notice its pay parking, checked a couple of the machines and they seemed to be actually taped up. didn't want to get stung so just left.
    Do you have to pay for parking in this tesco car park?

those machines were put in there a couple of years ago, i use to park in there a lot myself for free prior to the installation, thought they were now active. i now park across the road in millers marsh. the warden use to roam around in tesco a lot, taking car details, i have seen cars clamped in there, but rarely

those machines were put in there a couple of years ago, i use to park in there a lot myself for free prior to the installation, thought they were now active. i now park across the road in millers marsh. the warden use to roam around in tesco a lot, taking car details, i have seen cars clamped in there, but rarely

Is millers marsh equal to the car park nearest tk maxx. Is this a ‘pay’ car park also?

Is millers marsh equal to the car park nearest tk maxx. Is this a ‘pay’ car park also?

yea it is, its only euro an hour, or 3.60 for the day. the private car park under the tk maxx building is suppose to have really good rates to

yea it is, its only euro an hour, or 3.60 for the day. the private car park under the tk maxx building is suppose to have really good rates to

Thanks. Does MillarS March take credit card?

Thanks. Does MillarS March take credit card?

millers marsh is a public car park, as far as im aware, it only takes coins, via a meter, but i could be wrong. id imagine the underground car park probably takes credit cards

• Advertisement

Does Waterford actually have any 5 star hotels ?

millers marsh is a public car park, as far as im aware, it only takes coins, via a meter, but i could be wrong. id imagine the underground car park probably takes credit cards

I can confirm millers marsh takes credit card. So handy.

Had a double check in Tesco, looks like all the machines in there all have the coin slot taped up. They just don’t seem to be operational.

obi604 wrote:
    Had a double check in Tesco, looks like all the machines in there all have the coin slot taped up. They just don’t seem to be operational.

That's very unusual, was sure they were operational, sure there can't be issues with people parking there for free I guess, maybe it's a covid issue or something

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Does Waterford actually have any 5 star hotels ?

Cliff House in Ardmore.

There's also a 5* B&B down around Dungarvan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

There's been no charge for parking in poleberry tesco since March.
    Waterford castle not a 5 star at one point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Had to take a trip down to the hospital from Dungarvan, I noticed that on the outer ring road you can now use the second lane for going straight on, is this new? The reason I ask is because on the way home at several of the roundabouts there were long queues in the left lane and the right lanes was empty.
    Was great for me, went straight through.

On a related topic, there use to be a thread on here about the 60km/hr speed limit. When it was changed to 80 somebody predicted that there would be a dramatic increase in accidents and deaths on this road, did that ever materialise?
    The few times I’ve been on it over the years never even come close to seeing an accident.

Yes, the right lane is now also for "straight ahead" which personally I don't like as I don't trust other drivers to know not to turn/cut across traffic from the left hand lane!

The 60/80 kph change has made no difference to crashes as far as I know.

Yes, the right lane is now also for "straight ahead" which personally I don't like as I don't trust other drivers to know not to turn/cut across traffic from the left hand lane!

The 60/80 kph change has made no difference to crashes as far as I know.

i think it works very well, just take your time moving around people, i was cheekily doing it before the relabeling anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭curmudgeonly

[QUOTE=Harry Palmr;114070705]Yes, the right lane is now also for "straight ahead" which personally I don't like as I don't trust other drivers to know not to turn/cut across traffic from the left hand lane!

The 60/80 kph change has made no difference to crashes as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Can I add that this is correct but not to stay in the passing lane until the next roundabout,!!!! you must pull into the left lane when leaving the roundabout unless you are passing a slower vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

• Advertisement
Advertisement