Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭testtech05

Anyone recommend a good Car Valeting service in the city, have checked out a couple but got mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »

Thanks very much Biko

Sure thing. Note that they may try to convert you to do your own wash/detailing :D

biko wrote: »
    Sure thing. Note that they may try to convert you to do your own wash/detailing :D

Seems to be a running theme alright :) Not sure I am ready for that just yet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi All
    Looking for someone to service an Oil Boiler in the city....can only see gas boilers mentioned here

Any help would be appriciated

Regards

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Any one have a rec for a computer shop that isn't Laptec?
    what they have left in computer stock is too expensive.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tmh106

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    Looking for someone to service an Oil Boiler in the city....can only see gas boilers mentioned here

Any help would be appriciated

Regards

Pat

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

5ltr bottle of white vinegar to kill off liverwort in the gravel drive, it's the only thing that'll kill the damn stuff.... where in the city, excluding Musgraves etc., that i can get some. thanks!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

jkforde wrote: »
    5ltr bottle of white vinegar...

In Tesco you'll get a 568ml bottle for 45c. So 9 bottles (5.1L) will cost €4.05.

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272337940

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

jkforde wrote: »
    5ltr bottle of white vinegar to kill off liverwort in the gravel drive, it's the only thing that'll kill the damn stuff.... where in the city, excluding Musgraves etc., that i can get some. thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Asian shop in Westside near Aldi has the big bottles of vinegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bredabe wrote: »
    Any one have a rec for a computer shop that isn't Laptec?
    what they have left in computer stock is too expensive.

Maybe try adverts? You can filter by Galway and then by desktops/laptops.

Maybe try adverts? You can filter by Galway and then by desktops/laptops.
    Tks, had a look, but I dont know the area well, so im concerned as how to know who is a rip off merchant and who isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AugieMarch

Can anyone recommend a good house cleaner in Galway city or on the eastern outskirts of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know of local stores stocking brass type Fireside Boxes?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Hi,
    Looking for sawdust and shavings. Any carpenters out there who would like to get rid of it ???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Recommend me a decent mechanic that will charge fairly?
    Not a drop of fluid coming out of my window washers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

PLL wrote: »
    Recommend me a decent mechanic that will charge fairly?
    Not a drop of fluid coming out of my window washers.

Can you hear any noise from the under the bonnet when you try spray the windscreen? What type of car is it?

Massive thread in Motor forum
    But you should probably post in DIY section as it's likely an easy fix you can do yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

'Magic wrote:
    =);104817957']Hi,
    Looking for sawdust and shavings. Any carpenters out there who would like to get rid of it ???:)

You could ask the Woodworking part of GTI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Random one but is there an early opening pub in galway ? Like 6 or 7am style ?

Not anymore afaik.
    Padraicins on the docks was the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't licencing laws allow for it. You might get a hotel residents drink but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

An Cheibh Bar in Rossaveal used to open early, something to do with the fisherman licence. Not sure if they still do

(However not in city)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Anybody know of someone who could knit a particular cartoon character? Can't find anyone who would knit to order

Anyone know where we can have the info from dash cam downloaded?
    Dispite numerous family members trying, we cant do it. He would rather pay someone than attempt it himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Anyone know where we can have the info from dash cam downloaded?
    Dispite numerous family members trying, we cant do it. He would rather pay someone than attempt it himself.

What sort of info?

Your Face wrote: »
    What sort of info?[/QUOT
    I assume its video that the cam records? its what ever recording that is on the sim card in the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I assume its video that the cam records? its what ever recording that is on the sim card in the camera.

Well you could try attaching the camera itself to a pc using the cable that came with the camera.
    Or you could take the memory card out of the camera and feed it into the Pc. This will require a memory card reader on the Pc or an adapter.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Well you could try attaching the camera itself to a pc using the cable that came with the camera.
    Or you could take the memory card out of the camera and feed it into the Pc. This will require a memory card reader on the Pc or an adapter.
    See, that's why im here, its not worked for the rest of us and he will not go near it. So he's happy to pay someone trustworthy to do it for him, if we could find someone.

Advertisement