Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lurkers, come and say "hi"!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Really? What's the other one? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Get Dannie at it too haha.

Is Dannie a veggie? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Really? What's the other one? :p
    Let's have a think, two heads are better than one. do do do do do do do
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Is Dannie a veggie? :confused:

No, I just meant beat him into one.

No, I just meant beat him into one.

Beat him up? :eek:

Excellent!!

Seeing as he said (in relation to Jin and Sun drowning together in Lost)
    "I'd have left you there and saved meself!"

:pac:

I have no idea who he is, but I'm with Danny on the romantic philosophy! ;)

I'm gonna be gutted when I Lost is finished. Unless it ends horribley, and then I'll just be raging I wasted all that time on it.

Nice to see you knocking around these parts Toni :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Beat him up? :eek:

Excellent!!

I like watching you hurt him, mmm dannie tears :)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I have no idea who he is, but I'm with Danny on the romantic philosophy! ;)

I'm gonna be gutted when I Lost is finished. Unless it ends horribley, and then I'll just be raging I wasted all that time on it.

Nice to see you knocking around these parts Toni :)

Cheers Moonie :p Does anybody call ye that?
    This Candida diet has me eating truckloads of veg lately it's helping me soo much. Been basically in constant discomfort/pain for years so fed up with it!
    Read a review/interview with Alicia Silverstones vegan book and it covers "flirting" with the idea of vegan right up to full vegan. Says it has helped her with alot of the problems I have so it's interesting :)

Mates are going drinking on Thursday and I'm like FEIC NO! LOST! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Are spirits off the menu? I guess you'd want them with a mixer...Oh well! Sure, it ain't good for your body anyhow I guess.

Are spirits off the menu? I guess you'd want them with a mixer...Oh well! Sure, it ain't good for your body anyhow I guess.

Yeah not really allowed alcohol at all :o
    Alcohol has like wheat and yeast in it which kills me.
    Beers are esp bad so they have been out for years.
    Vodka turned on me around the 17 mark.
    Managed a few months on whiskey and now it hates me :(

So far Rum is good though!!

• Advertisement

Three cheers for rum :D

I was on your diet when I was much younger; I would hate to have to deal with it when I'm not a kid and much unaware of it all! Good luck :)

Three cheers for rum :D

I was on your diet when I was much younger; I would hate to have to deal with it when I'm not a kid and much unaware of it all! Good luck :)

Ha! Not a kid anymore will be turning a quarter of a century old this year :D

Ha! Not a kid anymore will be turning a quarter of a century old this year :D

Oh I thought you were younger than me! Like it was your 21st or something, one more year till my quarter, scary times

Oh I thought you were younger than me! Like it was your 21st or something, one more year till my quarter, scary times

Ohhh so THAT'S why you were interested in me! You thought I was young fresh meat :eek:

Na that is old pic :p
    Not sure how I should celebrate the big 2-5! Maybe a gig or something.

Any other lurkers out there come in, take the plunge like me and say helllllllllllo :p

Me like younger people...I think you must be high...never...no idea what you are on about.

That barely legal film, that's a good one :pac:
    Maybe fine dining in Dublin, missed you when you were here last!

Yeah a birthday beers! Excellent idea :D

Let's just hope the flippin weather aint as bad as last year.
    We got snowed in last time barely made it home from the nightclub.
    One hell of a scary drive home in taxi with the snow coming down heavy, literally couldn't see a foot in front of taxi. Snail speed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

I am a lurker....
    I feel guilty for some reason. like I have been spying on everyone!
    Im a struggling veggie.. All my family thinks its hilarious.
    And I can never find things to eat that arent pasta and crackers!

Hi Wicklowstar, welcome here! Can help you with any questions but sure you have read everything already. :)

Stick about!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I am a lurker....

hey .o/
    oh dont be worried, id be the same as you. i cant cook so for years i was with the pasta (or koka noodles, much easier!) and crackers! lol

id advice you to go to veggie restaurants and try random stuff, govindas saved my vegetarian life! lol before it i ate (only) potatoes as my veg!

the people who can cook will have better advice then me so ask away :)

/maameeo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Syko

Hi all, just new to the forum, a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume of forums, will try and make head and tail of it eventualy. A quick intro - I'm a DJ and producer from Enniskillen, up North. Into varied styles of music. Anything you wanna know just ask. Hopefully see ye all around somewhere.

EDIT: Woops, didnt see the forum name, only the hi lurkers bit lol, mybad!! :)

Syko wrote: »
    Hi all, just new to the forum, a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume of forums, will try and make head and tail of it eventualy. A quick intro - I'm a DJ and producer from Enniskillen, up North. Into varied styles of music. Anything you wanna know just ask. Hopefully see ye all around somewhere.

LOL guess your not a veggie then? :P

pity, we're the cooliest :D

• Advertisement

Syko wrote: »

Lol nice try though!

Have a look here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Syko

Lol nice try though!

Have a look here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98 :)

Thanks. Will do mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I am a lurker....

Hi!
    Oh imagine how guilty some people around here feel :D
    (not that guilty lol)
    Do you cook for yourself wicklowstar? Coz I know when I was living at home it would have been a huge nuisance to be veggie, was only really when I started college that the veggie-ness kicked in even though there were certain meats I gave up before that, meat is expensive and there's no need for it, I really don't spend much on food at all now.

I love most vegetables so Im not so bad that way..
    I can cook, just hard to find the time. I am just finished college exams and I also work part time so Im always busy!
    I usually just have the same dinner as everyone else just minus the meat..
    Like today everyone had chicken korma and I had a bit of the sauce from the jar.
    Govindas?? Never heard of them!
    :D

Pick up some fake meat and stick it in a korma with sweet potato, mmm! Sure that sauce is delicious on it's own anyway.

What's govindas? *stuffs face*

Wow I really want to know what they are now!!
    Stop teasing me..
    Oh I forgot to tell about my yummy dessert..
    Apple and rhubarb crumble straight out of the oven, with ice cream.
    Now Im stuffed!

It's a hare karishna chain of restaurants in town, they give you so much food you nearly die, for under a tenner.

Great dessert!

Ha, I was picturing some type of snack in my head..
    Wow was I wrong!
    Im never up in town so I wouldnt have a clue.
    College in Tallaght is as far as I will go!

Ah you might eb there some day, good to know where to look out for. What do you do?

Advertising and marketing communications.
    Second year, not a huge fan of it but i am not dropping out now!
    id like to do pr or event management or something a bit more interesting than marketing.. yawn!

• Advertisement

Ah eyah stick with it, sure who loves it when they are learning crap in college...job could be more fun. You can move towards that after you get your degree.

Govindas?? Never heard of them!

but it on your list of things to do!! :D

or we could just arrange another meet up? havnt had govindas in ages!

maameeo wrote: »
    but it on your list of things to do!! :D

or we could just arrange another meet up? havnt had govindas in ages!

I likes this plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hey guys! Ah, I'm a serious lurker for tips here but might as well say hi :o I'm Sarah, 16 and have been a veggie for 4 months-ish now. Have had the few challenges with vegetarianism the past few weeks but it's going grand :D The father's a butcher so I'm seen as a nutcase at times by people.

So yea... I'll try and post more :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hey guys! Ah, I'm a serious lurker for tips here but might as well say hi :o I'm Sarah, 16 and have been a veggie for 4 months-ish now. Have had the few challenges with vegetarianism the past few weeks but it's going grand :D The father's a butcher so I'm seen as a nutcase at times by people.

Soccy! Welcome :D

Welcome! Deffo throw some posts about :) And make new ones. You can add to the - what you had for dinner last night - easy! No excuses :D

Welcome Sarah :)

Any help or questions will gladly be answered. Tough with a butcher I would say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Welcome to ya Sarah :) Hope you enjoy the forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Thank you guys muchly !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Welcome soccy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi there. Vegetarian for 15 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Hi there,

I was wondering about vegetarianism and exercise. Is there anyone here that runs or cycles and maintains a vegetarian/ vegan diet ?

Welcome to both of you! Any questions just ask :)

rocstar I think the most active trainer here is MasterofNothing, he's always running and training and such.

Maybe you want http://vegetarianbodybuilder.com/
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

rocstar wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was wondering about vegetarianism and exercise. Is there anyone here that runs or cycles and maintains a vegetarian/ vegan diet ?

Hi, I do both and have no problem with diet!! It's mostly extra carbs (the good complex kind) you need anyway, which are plentyfull in a veggie diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

OMG! Someone I actually recognise(from the JC forum) :P

Anywhooo I'm Katie, almost 15. I've turned vegan quite recently and I was only a vegetarian for about a month before! I honestly don't miss meat in the slightest because I always hated the taste anyway!

• Advertisement

Welcome Katie, hope it keeps going well for you :)

katiemce wrote: »
    OMG! Someone I actually recognise(from the JC forum) :P

Anywhooo I'm Katie, almost 15. I've turned vegan quite recently and I was only a vegetarian for about a month before! I honestly don't miss meat in the slightest because I always hated the taste anyway!

Hi katie! hope your doing ok, i was the same tho, didnt miss it at all :)

Welcome Katie :) As you can see we love a good chat and giving advice here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Hi there,

I run about 25kms a week (not much I know but keeps me active!) and am on a vegan diet.

For a lot more hardcore training types check out www.veganfitness.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hi there,

rocstar I think the most active trainer here is MasterofNothing, he's always running and training and such.

I probably am haha!

rocstar I run around 20k per week (have toned it down for now) and train for hurling twice a week, aswell as playing matches and have found little problem in how my diet affects my performance. I am Vegetarian myself so find it a little easier in that I can use dairy to help with my protein/carb/fat intake.

As a runner/cyclist though, you will find that you burn up ALOT of calories as you know and I know all too well, and the key to having an optimal performance is intake of calories, once you get enough to maintain your body throughout the day before/during/after bouts of exercise, while continuing to enjoy food both healthily and in moderation outside of it, you will be just fine:)

Hopefully this helps you continue to train and be happy:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement