Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nicky Campbell
    Just gets on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was hated the red headed guy from Simply red, he's so annoying and I dont know why. He looks insane these days, like he's had too much plastic surgery.

You won't be able to unsee this: https://twitter.com/ThatMrStirling/status/600988027297595392

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kian Egan and his smug head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Al Porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Fintan warfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nicky Button

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lorraine ****ing Kelly.

Grunting away in her Scottish accent. I hate her.

Just to clarify is the Lorraine Kelly, the tv character?
    Or Lorraine Kelly who plays Lorraine Kelly, the tv character?

Her justification of not paying tax is that "LK" is not a person, it's a character she plays on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭fluke

Bressie or any of those small fish small pond celebs with faux sincerity that RTE/Hot Press love to put up on a pedestal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

razorblunt wrote: »
    Just to clarify is the Lorraine Kelly, the tv character?
    Or Lorraine Kelly who plays Lorraine Kelly, the tv character?

Her justification of not paying tax is that "LK" is not a person, it's a character she plays on tv.
    Might try that one with Revenue, wear a novelty tie to work and pretend to be somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Fintan warfield

Couldn't help myself, had to search Boards to find out who this is and wow! You really don't like this guy. No exaggeration, every 2nd post ever made on this place about him comes from you and all a bit like this one. Can I ask, what has this man done to wrong you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

fluke wrote: »
    Bressie or any of those small fish small pond celebs with faux sincerity that RTE/Hot Press love to put up on a pedestal.

I agree with you, but unfortunately my youngest daughter loves him and that band he plays in. Don't know where I went wrong with that one,Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Couldn't help myself, had to search Boards to find out who this is and wow! You really don't like this guy. No exaggeration, every 2nd post ever made on this place about him comes from you and all a bit like this one. Can I ask, what has this man done to wrong you?

It's supposed to be an inexplicable dislike.
    That's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

fluke wrote: »

I met Bressie at a mindfulness/meditation event and he was actually very very nice. Spent ages talking to people afterwards, not rushing away or brushing anyone off. He came across as very down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

My boss.

Dopey self-centered lanky baldy pr*ck. Just reminds me of a giant walking penis at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

All Scottish women, or ,more correctly , their voices

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

McIlroy claims to be a great friend of Lowry, yet made sure to take the first flight home to Florida after missing the cut.

I have stood up for him over the abuse he has gotten for some of his faux pas' over the years but he crossed the line with that.

Entitled prick

I was at the Irish open a few years ago and watched him walk right past a gang of kids waiting for autographs at the end. Never came out to them.

Nearly every other golfer there came out and signed whatever and stood for pictures (rahm was particularly awesome). But not that prick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭fluke

I met Bressie at a mindfulness/meditation event and he was actually very very nice. Spent ages talking to people afterwards, not rushing away or brushing anyone off. He came across as very down to earth.

Fair enough. I’m more than happy to hear that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

cjmc wrote: »
    All Scottish women, or ,more correctly , their voices

I love the Scottish ladies accent, more importantly, Karen Gillan. I could listen to that woman all day.

As for people I'd be indifferent to watching drown; Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters, Dave Quinn and John McGuirk. Jesus, those people must have been spawned by Satan himself.

• Leo from Fair City.

Don't know what it is about him, he's totally inoffensive, just don't like the cut of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    I love the Scottish ladies accent, more importantly, Karen Gillan. I could listen to that woman all day.

As for people I'd be indifferent to watching drown; Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters, Dave Quinn and John McGuirk. Jesus, those people must have been spawned by Satan himself.
    It's got to do with listening to your one on sky uk phoneline. Say yes or no. NO. I didn't quite get that. Say yes or no. NO . and so on and so on ad nauseam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Explains why it's inexplicable.

Is it too early to report Philomena Begley to the gardai for murdering Fairytale of New York? I mean, Moya Brennan and Ronan Keating made a pigs ear of the song... but Begley, and whoever booked her on the show-they need to be arrested.

Dear Jesus-that was Car Crash television...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Is it too early to report Philomena Begley to the gardai for murdering Fairytale of New York? I mean, Moya Brennan and Ronan Keating made a pigs ear of the song... but Begley, and whoever booked her on the show-they need to be arrested.

the only thing worse than Begley was that fella [ i wont say comedian] on first . worst i've seen in years . You could see Begley was reading off a cue card and even then she couldn't get it right .
    It had the makings of a good night but it just didn't click . Poor shane seemed in good enough form considering the life he's had and his memory is sharp but I wonder is he after having a stroke or something .
    One of the best song writers ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Poor kirsty maccol. Turning in her grave.

the only thing worse than Begley was that fella [ i wont say comedian] on first . worst i've seen in years . You could see Begley was reading off a cue card and even then she couldn't get it right .
    It had the makings of a good night but it just didn't click . Poor shane seemed in good enough form considering the life he's had and his memory is sharp but I wonder is he after having a stroke or something .
    One of the best song writers ever

I'd blame Friday the 13th for it all going to hell.... but that would be letting Ryan off the hook.

Jason Byrne is that annoying brat of a child who annoyed everyone in national school.
    He's not funny-keeps being brought onto RTE, and he keeps getting worse. Only one who laughs at his jokes is Jason Byrne.

Shane broke his pelvis about two or three years ago, and he's not been in the best shape since.
    Poor kirsty maccol. Turning in her grave.

Was it as bad as Linda Martin singing 'up all night to get lucky' or whatever she sang? I never watched that video... I'm not gonna torture myself with that. It felt as bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

George Lee. I am sick of him now. When the economy was screwed he spent his whole time going " nah nah nah nah nah , told you so" , etc. Where was he in 2005 ? I never saw him on RTE dissing the entire country with a tut tut monologue ?

Every day now he is getting 2 -3 minutes, droning away about how the world is going to end next week if we are not careful. The Gall of him, he is worse than a priest nodding disapprovingly at schoolkids snogging at a teenage Disco.

Enough already Mr Lee, I know your game pal.....

BTW he wouldn't look out of place on Hitler's domestic policy steering group.

I don't think he really cares.

EOaPDX9j_400x400.jpeg

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    George Lee. I am sick of him now. When the economy was screwed he spent his whole time going " nah nah nah nah nah , told you so" , etc. Where was he in 2005 ? I never saw him on RTE dissing the entire country with a tut tut monologue ?

*snipped for brevity*

I despise him. The worst thing about him is he went and did the 'I'm going into politics to fix the problem', got himself elected into FG, had a very large turnout among first time voters...

...and then quit politics after a year. Claimed 'he wasn't allowed make a difference'. Politics is a long game-you gotta be in it for a solid ten years or more before people even notice you. Ran back to RTE, and the large pay packet that is more than many politicians get.................

To heck with him-he's a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,086 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seoirse knows which side of his bread is buttered.

Hit for the Mother Ship as soon as things got choppy out in the World.

Has anyone figured out what Katherine Zappone actually does?

She doesn't know what's going on-she's always being exposed as inept, and yet never gets called up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Has anyone figured out what Katherine Zappone actually does?

She doesn't know what's going on-she's always being exposed as inept, and yet never gets called up on it.

She talks , does nothing but talk and tell us all what we already knew . On the news tonight she solemnly told us all that the increase in creche insurance costs were “ very high indeed “
    Great , Ms Zappone then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT .

Advertisement