Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

smilerf wrote: »
    Don't know his name but that really vain knobhead who did dancing with the stars
    Showing off his 6 pack every week

Oh yeah, that guy.... I forgot all about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

There were a few of them, Aidan O'Mahony, Peter Stringer, Tomas O'Leary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

There were a few of them, Aidan O'Mahony, Peter Stringer, Tomas O'Leary?
    aidan I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh...something about her, she seems really up her own backside. And she cant seem to get on with anyone she works with, there are a whole string of former co workers who haven't a good word to say about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Nicky Byrne - the pouty guy from Westlife. I really hope he doesn't still have that radio slot on 2fm because it's awful ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nicky Byrne - the pouty guy from Westlife. I really hope he doesn't still have that radio slot on 2fm because it's awful ****e.

Meet Nicky a hand full of times and he's actually a really nice guy,
    Played ball against him a few times to and he was always a sound down to earth fella,

Nicky is a good skin if im being honest,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Ryan Tubridy. A charmless broadcaster leading a charmed life in the state broadcaster where he seems to be treated like royalty for reasons unknown. He also tried the BBC but they rejected him. No worries for Ryan though, straight back to RTE and a renewed gold plated contract as a reward for his loyalty and sheer mediocrity. One wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Claudia Winkleman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hokuto wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman

Is it because she's an annoying personality vacuum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Meet Nicky a hand full of times and he's actually a really nice guy,
    Played ball against him a few times to and he was always a sound down to earth fella,

Nicky is a good skin if im being honest,
    That's fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McIlroy claims to be a great friend of Lowry, yet made sure to take the first flight home to Florida after missing the cut.

I have stood up for him over the abuse he has gotten for some of his faux pas' over the years but he crossed the line with that.

Entitled prick

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

People who (probably) have a full box of cigarettes in their pocket but will still ask someone they know in passing for one.
    The worst kind of stinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

Anna Kendrick.

I can't watch her in anything. It's the way her strangely tiny mouth (with no lips) is always hanging open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's fair enough.

But that's the whole point of the thread.
    Reports of Nicky Byrne being a good guy but you hate the little prick!!
    Good job,you nailed it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh...something about her, she seems really up her own backside. And she cant seem to get on with anyone she works with, there are a whole string of former co workers who haven't a good word to say about her.

I remember one time on a show back in the nineties there was a child who had drawn a picture and Blathnaid asked what it was and upon hearing the response, looking unimpressed, she replied with something along the lines of "don't give up the day job will ya?" It's odd some of the things that stick in your memory.

On topic, Louis Walsh, Jimmy Carr, Jonathan Ross and Jerry Seinfeld (when not performing). I wouldn't say I can't stand them exactly as I haven't really put my tolerance to the test, but in short clips I see, I guess all come across as supercilious and have slap-worthy faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar winner, but I can’t warm to her in films.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Her performances, to me, never feel genuine. And you can tell she gives zero f**ks in some movies (especially any X-men movie after First Class).

It's a shame, too, because she'll inspire the same level of apathy in any actress that follow her.

These folks nearly always follow a trend-rarely put out their own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Elon Musk
    I don't know who he is but he is everywhere
    Sick of seeing his name

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I remember one time on a show back in the nineties there was a child who had drawn a picture and Blathnaid asked what it was and upon hearing the response, looking unimpressed, she replied with something along the lines of "don't give up the day job will ya?" It's odd some of the things that stick in your memory.

In fairness she was harassed when she was 18 in RTE etc. And it had to be dealt with and i am certain it was very tough for her . That was over 26 yrs ago though.

There are a huge string of people who don't like her because they regret the effect their own behavior had on their future careers in RTE.

Someone behaved badly enough to be fired. Some were not as bad though but they behaved badly to her and other women, there was an inquiry, they were not fired but her career progressed and theirs did not. That was a very purposeful decision.
    She was only 18 at the time this happened. So she would have been considered an upstart to some senior presenters.

She is a really really really emotional person. I know someone who said they had never worked with someone so emotional. She didn't accept that when she was younger. I think she learnt to admit it as she got older though.

She hasn't a bad bone in her body though.

It takes lot of balls for an 18 yr old in show business to stand up to that. And a lot of decency for someone higher up to stand over an 18 yr old rather than a senior presenter and make sure the proper thing is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Hokuto wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman

I like her hair but she spends lots of money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,493 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Foil Arms & Hog guys. Faces begging to be punched, one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

In fairness she was harassed when she was 18 in RTE etc. And it had to be dealt with and i am certain it was very tough for her.

Was she not at the giving end of some bullying herself a few years ago?
    I could have remembered that wrong though.

Edit: Yeah, she bullied a copresenter. It couldn't be satisfactorily settled internally and went to court.
    Her excuse for her behaviour was that she has a fiery personality and shouldn't have to cohost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Effects wrote: »
    In fairness she was harassed when she was 18 in RTE etc. And it had to be dealt with and i am certain it was very tough for her.

Was she not at the giving end of some bullying herself a few years ago?
    I could have remembered that wrong though.

Edit: Yeah, she bullied a copresenter. It couldn't be satisfactorily settled internally and went to court.
    Her excuse for her behaviour was that she has a fiery personality and shouldn't have to cohost.
    The bullied presenter was bullied so badly she left. Wish I could remember her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The bullied presenter was bullied so badly she left. Wish I could remember her name.

Sheana Keane

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rte-presenter-on-break-ahead-of-court-hearing-26564194.html

Actually i take it back i just asked him ...Bla is a bitch apparently i got it wrong. I don't watch the show.

His grandfather Todd Andrews was one of the founders of and ex-Chairman of RTE, that is why.

Its not as simple as his grandfather. His whole family and social circle is connected.

Having a grandad in RTE isn't enough. His parents were well connected. And well respected his dad was a Dr.

He was brought up with kids that would go onto be well connected.

His cousin is David Mc Savage.

Both sides of his family are well connected going back a couple of generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I dislike her as a guest on the Graham Norton Show - she is on it quite frequently. I don't know what it is, she just seems really fake and trying too hard to be funny or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Sheridan81 wrote: »

On topic, Louis Walsh, Jimmy Carr, Jonathan Ross and Jerry Seinfeld (when not performing). I wouldn't say I can't stand them exactly as I haven't really put my tolerance to the test, but in short clips I see, I guess all come across as supercilious and have slap-worthy faces.

I agree. Could never abide her. What a nasty way to speak to a child.

Jimmy Carr just sets my teeth on edge, can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Michael Darragh McAuley..... oily headed kernt

Aggressive fcuker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

His cousin is David Mc Savage.

Speaking of people you can't stand. Unfunny, egotistical twat. (Not exactly inexplicable I'll grant you.)

Advertisement