Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

jessconr wrote: »
    Sorry, Slightly off topic

anyone tried the Diablo XXX pills from the Nirvana Head Shop? Any good or which Party Pills that they sell are better?

Google says it's BZP, the comedown will be manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Drugs are always valued by the Gardaí at a much higher street value than they're worth in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Do you know if it's at the Garda's discretion to provide this estimate, or is there a set price as such off which they work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Yeah, a tenner a pop is a bit ridiculous, but I suppose 16 pills at a street value of €160 sounds better than the €32 you probably spent on them. They have to justify the day in court somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

jessconr wrote: »
    Sorry, Slightly off topic

anyone tried the Diablo XXX pills from the Nirvana Head Shop? Any good or which Party Pills that they sell are better?

Whats wrong with having a pint,your better off getting the real ones,the ones in those head shops are sh*te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Have to agree, those BZP things are gash. Just get the real deal dodgy pills. Much better buzz. Those party pills are a nightmare, worse comedown you'll ever have and you can forget about sleeping for a few days if you take more than 1 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Cheers people.

Yeah i think i might of unknowingly taken a few BZP's a while ago. Got them in a club thinking they were Pills. Had the worst comedown the next day and as for sleep!!....didnt happen till about 3'oclock the next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Well I wouldnt let anyone search me,only when a garda has a warrant,especially wouldnt let some dope whose working as a security gaurd for 2 days search or touch me,you may not want to know your rights,but your the bigger fool

now you are calling me a fool?

for gods sake, all i said was the security slipped his hand into my pocket as i walked by him,I had no chance to stop him, plus they can search you for hidden bottles by law so how was i supposed to stop him even if i knew he was going to stick his hand down my pocket?

what rights are you talking about? cops can search you on suspicion, have you ever refused a search under your "rights"? doubt it, stop talking ****e and cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

they can search you for hidden bottles by law

no they cant

only if you let them, and if you dont let them, they dont let you in. thats the extent of what they can do

Helix wrote: »
    no they cant

only if you let them, and if you dont let them, they dont let you in. thats the extent of what they can do

"only if you let them" well that goes without saying...do you think i would of stood there and refused a search for bottles, and not be let in? i dont really see what point you are trying to make...so, yes they can search you by law, because everyone is going to go in, that is quing in the first place. In all the festivals i have been at i have never seen someone refuse to be searched for bottles, hence not even go into the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're mistaking 'by law' and 'by convention' - its entirely optional for you to re-enter the campsite (and be subject to the search), nobodies forcing you to...

now you are calling me a fool?

for gods sake, all i said was the security slipped his hand into my pocket as i walked by him,I had no chance to stop him, plus they can search you for hidden bottles by law so how was i supposed to stop him even if i knew he was going to stick his hand down my pocket?

what rights are you talking about? cops can search you on suspicion, have you ever refused a search under your "rights"? doubt it, stop talking ****e and cop on

I was walking home from my elderly uncles one night,who lives 10 minutes around the corner from my house,at the time there was a fued going on in the area between drug dealers,an unmarked garda car pulled up,four of them inside,staring me out of it,asked me my name,which I gave,my address,which I gave,my date of birth,which I gave,they asked me where I was coming from,and other questions I refused to answer and started walking,one got out,and abused me,telling me I was a cheeky c*nt,and he was going to search me,I remained calm and asked why I was being hassled and wasnt given an answer,I asked them what act they were acting on,and had they a warrant,as they need one to search you and your property,he said no,but tried to search me,he said if I didnt coperate Id be arrested,I informed him that I had given him my name,address and dob,and thats all I needed to do,and that I didnt have to entertain them any further,I asked for a badge number and some ID,and if he wanted a search,get a warrant,get back to me,they knew we I live,which I didnt get,and told him this was illegal,how did I know he was a gaurd,at this stage he was going red and I reckon he wanted to deck me for making a fool of him,I said Im going to the garda ombudsman and complaints board,they called it a day,and drove off,I wasnt carrying anything,but wasnt giving in,you have be stern with pigs,and let them know your no fool,and always remain calm and never lose it,stand your ground,dont let them intimidate you,but then again you were carrying drugs breaking the law!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I was walking home from my elderly uncles one night,who lives 10 minutes around the corner from my house,at the time there was a fued going on in the area between drug dealers,an unmarked garda car pulled up,four of them inside,staring me out of it,asked me my name,which I gave,my address,which I gave,my date of birth,which I gave,they asked me where I was coming from,and other questions I refused to answer and started walking,one got out,and abused me,telling me I was a cheeky c*nt,and her was going to search me,I remained calm and asked why I was being hassled and wasnt given an answer,I asked them what act they were acting on,and had they a warrant,as they need one to search you and your property,he said no,but tried to search me,he said if I didnt coperate Id be arrested,I informed him that I had given him my name,address and dob,and thats all I needed to do,and that I didnt have to entertain them any further,I asked for a badge number and some ID,and if he wanted a search,get a warrant,get back to me,they knew we I live,which I didnt get,and told him this was illegal,how did I know he was a gaurd,at this stage he was going red and I reckon he wanted to deck me for making a fool of him,I said Im going to the garda ombudsman and complaints board,they called it a day,and drove off,I wasnt carrying anything,but wasnt giving in,you have be stern with pigs,and let them know your no fool,and always remain calm and never lose it,stand your ground,dont let them intimadate you,but then again you were carrying drugs breaking the law!

interesting. while everything you said to him was correct, there is a law in this country (mainly used in public order offences i think) that states that if a member of the gardai tells you to do something, you must do it. unless it is an illegal act of course.
    they have the right then to arrest you if you do not co-operate. ridiculous law I know but it has been used in court in the past few years.

i'd say in your case the garda realised he was barking up the wrong tree when you answered back and stayed calm, and was really trying to save face when he knew he was caught out.

good story though.

The gardai don't need any warrant at all to search for drugs under the Misuse of Drugs legislation. They may carry out a search on a person or a vehicle where they have reasonable cause to suspect that person has possession of a substance. In fact, if you resist a search and subsequently a substance is found, you may (depending on how thick you get) even remove the possibility of mitigating the penalty with the usual 'cooperated fully with the Gardai' line.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think this is a good rule. Think of all the little scummers wandering around with Knives and weapons etc. If they know the Gardai could stop and search them any time they would be less likely to carry weapons etc. I think this is the case in the UK.

13 year old shooting that guy earlier this week springs to mind.

Zascar wrote: »
    I think this is a good rule. Think of all the little scummers wandering around with Knives and weapons etc.

But on the other hand there is no general stop and search provisions. Not sure it can be done for weapons at all. We're not in a Police State yet! But they do have the power under Section 26 or 27 or something in the 1977 Misuse of Drugs Act as amended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

it was six on the sunday, i was sober enough and just heading back in from the offy in stradbally,(buckfast down my pants and all) so i walk up to the place where you check your armbands and all of a sudden yer man sticks his hand down my pocket and pulled out the pills, didnt even warn me. then he shouted over to the DS which took things from there. I dont give a **** what you think my rights are, if the DS are ten foot away and someone just pulled a bag of yolkes out of yer pocket, your not going to spiel on about "rights", you are ****ed either way, and the best thing to do is comply.
    Anytime yer leaving the campsite to re-stock on booze, give whatever 'valuables' (watches, keys etc) to mates back in the campsite, no point in bringing them outside with ya!

I was walking home from my elderly uncles one night,who lives 10 minutes around the corner from my house,at the time there was a fued going on in the area between drug dealers,an unmarked garda car pulled up,four of them inside,staring me out of it,asked me my name,which I gave,my address,which I gave,my date of birth,which I gave,they asked me where I was coming from,and other questions I refused to answer and started walking,one got out,and abused me,telling me I was a cheeky c*nt,and he was going to search me,I remained calm and asked why I was being hassled and wasnt given an answer,I asked them what act they were acting on,and had they a warrant,as they need one to search you and your property,he said no,but tried to search me,he said if I didnt coperate Id be arrested,I informed him that I had given him my name,address and dob,and thats all I needed to do,and that I didnt have to entertain them any further,I asked for a badge number and some ID,and if he wanted a search,get a warrant,get back to me,they knew we I live,which I didnt get,and told him this was illegal,how did I know he was a gaurd,at this stage he was going red and I reckon he wanted to deck me for making a fool of him,I said Im going to the garda ombudsman and complaints board,they called it a day,and drove off,I wasnt carrying anything,but wasnt giving in,you have be stern with pigs,and let them know your no fool,and always remain calm and never lose it,stand your ground,dont let them intimidate you,but then again you were carrying drugs breaking the law!

exactly thats the thing, i knew well i was ****ed so i just co-operated, looks alot better in court to have done that than try wiggle yer way around. no big deal to me now, paid my fine and got no conviction, so i am happy out. I totally agree with what you say about knowing your rights and defending yourself against the cops, but if ya actually saw the situation i was in, i barely had a chance to think straight ya know. I am sure they could of done me for "posession with intent to sell" considering i had 11 on me(16 accoording to them), and they actually said because i was being so straight up about it that it would only go down as possession. So you have respect thw whole "two sides to every story" kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Should have given an option in the poll of 'only a few times'. I'm sure there are many that are beween the 'once' and 'several times' options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Porkpie wrote: »
    Should have given an option in the poll of 'only a few times'. I'm sure there are many that are beween the 'once' and 'several times' options.
    'Once you pop you just can't stop!' :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Porkpie wrote: »

How many is 'a few'? To one person, 'a few' might be 3. To the next, whose mates have done over 500, 'a few' might be 30. Both of these are covered by 'several times' anyway (maybe it should be called 'more than once'?).

Anyway, (part of) the original point of the poll was to show that the vast majority of people who read this board have taken ecstasy/MDMA at least once, sparked by some guy getting all high-and-mighty about some news article "assuming" that most people into electronic music have taken drugs. Turns out they were right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    I've been on and off the dance scene only for the last 5-6 years, and no I haven't taken any yokes ever. I love music for the music.

To quote Otto from the simpsons "I don't need drugs to enjoy this, just to enhance it!"

Standman wrote: »
    To quote Otto from the simpsons "I don't need drugs to enjoy this, just to enhance it!"

'Go buy a suit'..........'I'll buy a suit.........a suit of drugs,hahahaha'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

Does anyone know why it is so difficult to get mdma now? I mean, the pills that are out there are absalute rubbish! They are speed, not E! It is so frustrating to see that coke is taking over our city. Why would people want to spend so much on that stuff is beyond me. Anyway, would appreciate if someone can answere my question. I need to know if i give up searching now or is it hiding somewhere i don't know about Hehehe...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Does anyone know why it is so difficult to get mdma now? I mean, the pills that are out there are absalute rubbish! They are speed, not E! It is so frustrating to see that coke is taking over our city. Why would people want to spend so much on that stuff is beyond me. Anyway, would appreciate if someone can answere my question. I need to know if i give up searching now or is it hiding somewhere i don't know about Hehehe...:D

Garda_front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

well that frightened the ****e out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ah yeah. I took ****loads of the stuff until it started making me feel like I was going to die. Yocky anxiety. Only the odd time now.

Probably shouldn't have. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm still a bit surprised that 52 people voted in this poll they never took anything, im not suggesting for a minute you have to take any drugs to enjoy dance music but most people ive spoke to who are into the scene have at one time taken something..but no probs everyone to their own and all that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

The ingredient is these rubbish pills isn't speed. It is a class of drugs known as piperazines, BZP, MCPP and the like. They are quite possibly the worst drugs in existence.

Real "ecstasy" is MDMA.

There are several reasons why they have replaced MDMA as the active ingredient of most pills.

1. Piperazines are legal in most countries (BZP has only just been made illegal in Ireland as far as I know). This...

2. reduces the risks for large scale manufactures who would otherwise be dealing in Kilos of MDMA every week. You cannot be prosecuted for having thousands of pills which contain no illegal or restricted chemicals

3. Holland is one of the largest manufacturers and exporters of MDMA. The government there has recently banned the precursors necessary for synthesizing MDMA, and large batches of the precursor chemicals were recently seized meaning that very little MDMA is being produced at the minute.

4. Piperazines can be manufactured legally by large industrial labs which makes it very very cheap and therefore it is tempting for unscrupulous dealers to make it into pills, especially as there is a worldwide MDMA shortage at the moment.

Piperazines have an effect on the body similar to amphetamines, in the sense that they speed up your central nervous system, cause you to grind your teeth and make you unable to sleep. They are NOTHING like MDMA, and they are much worse for you than either real ecstasy (MDMA) or amphetamines. Just because something is legal doesn't make it safe. Likewise just because something is illegal doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous.

I think it is very sad that most kids who take pills these days don't experience the intense pleasure that MDMA can give because of the ****e state of the tablets. Inexperienced users accept that the piperazine buzz is in fact the buzz from ecstasy.

I have being trying unsuccessfully to have boards put a stick in the clubbing forum to warn people about these ****e pills. At least 95% of pills today DON'T CONTAIN ANY ECSTASY. MDMA crystal is a somewhat safer bet, but alas there is piperazine crystal in circulation as well.

BUY A TESTING KIT. They are legal, inexpensive, can be bought easily on the internet and delivered straight to your door. DO NOT TAKE ANY PILL UNTIL YOU HAVE TESTED IT. Also be aware that some manufactures will put a few mg of MDMA in the pills along with the piperazines to trick the test kits, so if your reagent takes ages to turn to purple/black then this is probably the case with your pill.

Straight to purple/black indicates that your pill/crystal contains some MDxx compound (ecstasy or a very similar chemical relative such as MDA).

Mods please don't delete this post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm pretty sure more than 5% of pills have MDxx in them, and I wouldn't think most pills would have piperazines in them. I'd say a lot of pills would have MDMA-like drugs like methylone, mephedrone etc. in them too.

I agree with your comment on a testing kit.

Advertisement