Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Options
  • 27-09-2008 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

I'm sure we all realize the close history electronic music and Ecstasy / MDMA have shared, but let's find out some statistics.

Have you taken / do you take MDMA? 495 votes

Yes, several times
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, once
    90% 446 votes
    Never
    9% 49 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

this is a pointless thread to be honest.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This thread has got a very valid point.

What do you find pointless about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Seems kind of pointless to me in that it is just illustrating what we all already know...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Most of us.... but lets spell it out for the others...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ive been into dance music since i was around 12.
    been djing since i was 16.ive never taken yokes.actually never done any drug.
    which alot of people find strange for some reason:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

some people stick them up their arse. i prefer to stick them up my mickey. straight to the tummy like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

some people stick them up their arse. i prefer to stick them up my mickey. straight to the tummy like.

You must have some ****ed up skag the next morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've got a friend from Yorkshire who sticks them in a syringe and injects them into his mouth...

He calls it "E by gum"

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

i blame drugs on my warped sense of humour. i mean like i find this funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-tlqP1BPbE

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

i blame drugs on my warped sense of humour. i mean like i find this funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-tlqP1BPbE

That's dire.

Yeah mdma/pills etc are a part of dance music. I think I know one person thats into dance that doesn't/hasn't taken them.

But you and everyone else know that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as above, of all my mates that are into their dance music only one of them doesnt do them.

good for him, but i cant justify seeing a dj and not gettin off my tits haha

Meh.... I wouldn't have to drop just cos I'm at dance gig. If they're there they're there. I'm more there to see the dj then as a reason to get ****ed.

They can ruin a good night too. Had to leave Justice, who I'd been dying to see for months cos I got bogey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

WINNERS DONT TAKE DRUGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Yeah, you dont have to be mush to enjoy a dj gig, but it certainly helps. I'm not on about taking 6 or 7 yokes and getting cabbaged, just one to get you on the buzz. Each to their own and all, but that's muy opinion of it.

Not everyone can be a winner.

I definitely don't agree with the people you see mashed outta their heads, jaws on the floor and sweat pouring off them. If your gonna do them, know your limit...

I'd do them the odd time, I used to do them more, but I grew out of the phase... "I'm out of it, are you out of it, how many did you take, i took loads" kinda thing

There's no cause for the people you see messed up, they can't be enjoyin themselves, and the point of playin 20-30 quid to see a dj is to see the dj haha and remembering it would also be a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Zascar wrote: »
    This thread has got a very valid point.

What do you find pointless about it?

this thread is pointless in the dance and electronic dj'ing section of a public forum. the term apples in an orchard springs to mind to be honest.

why mdma? so what if people have. whats it going to achieve by putting a poll on it?

Zascar wrote: »
    Most of us.... but lets spell it out for the others...

why? as said this is a dance and electronic dj'ing section of a public forum.

if you want to spell it out, what goes on then why dont you go into the after hours forum and put a thread, sorry poll up asking how many people have stayed up for 2/3 or more days doing mdma or whatever else they could get there hands on? the amount of sessions going on in this country on sunday afternoons is something the public might have an interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭francois

DUB1 wrote: »
    WINNERS DONT TAKE DRUGS

Only users loose drugs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Where is the option for "thousands of times" for veterans like myself, f*cking kids thesedays haven't a clue about real drugs

NAH NAH SEANNASH/JSUITED MUGS:pac::D:D:D:D

ANYWAY in all seriousness, yes of course ive taken Ecstasy thousands of times i couldn't possibly put an exact figure on it almost as many times as Dub1 has:p:D i haven't taken an E now in a long time as i cant be dealing with the comedown,etc anymore, i prefer to dabble in MDMA Crystal thesedays on occasions that's really the only narcotic im interested in, coke in this city is rubbish of the highest order yet everyone still shovels this crap up their nose:rolleyes:

I find coke to be a fairly pointless drug... i mean the price youre paying for the effect it has is ridiculous. I mean if your given 20 quid to spend on a night out... 20 euro worth of coke would barely give you a buzz, wheras 4 pills or a shoulder and some mixer would have you fairly sorted for the night

Me being a giant hypocrite i dabble in it when its free, but i definitly would not be shelling out hundreds of euro on the stuff. Plus the stuff you get over here is dirt anyway

• Advertisement

I find coke to be a fairly pointless drug... i mean the price youre paying for the effect it has is ridiculous. I mean if your given 20 quid to spend on a night out... 20 euro worth of coke would barely give you a buzz, wheras 4 pills or a shoulder and some mixer would have you fairly sorted for the night

Me being a giant hypocrite i dabble in it when its free, but i definitly would not be shelling out hundreds of euro on the stuff. Plus the stuff you get over here is dirt anyway

big time, i wouldn't mind but charlie was decent enough in Dublin circa 1998, it's when it became widespread every cu*t started taking it and the quality went rapidly downhill, best stuff i ever took was in New York City on Paddy's Day 2001, blew the head off me,amazing stuff it was,i was talking absolute sh*te to a load of American mots for hours on end, they probably thought i was insane:o:D used to get decent stuff in London too,but thesedays you need to go a long way to get some good stuff, although like yourself if someone chops out a line ill most probably take it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

down with this sort of thing.

......any yokes ?

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

Yokes for the win haha

IT'S FEEDING TIME :pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D

ecstasy_pill_collage1.jpg

They're bloody horrible on the comedown though. I've wished death on myself many a weekend morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

GetAttachment.jpg they make them like they used to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Yeah, you dont have to be mush to enjoy a dj gig, but it certainly helps. I'm not on about taking 6 or 7 yokes and getting cabbaged, just one to get you on the buzz. Each to their own and all, but that's muy opinion of it.

ah yeh, i wouldoften go out tripod or whatever and just take one if im already fairly drunk.

the days of going out and doing 6 or 7 were left back in the crypt in the temple theatre!!

Advertisement