Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure more than 5% of pills have MDxx in them, and I wouldn't think most pills would have piperazines in them. I'd say a lot of pills would have MDMA-like drugs like methylone, mephedrone etc. in them too.

I agree with your comment on a testing kit.

Obviously my figures are guess work, albeit educated guesswork, I have a lot of experience and knowledge in this field, and I honestly believe that 5 is an accurate enough number.

The Iron Crosses were about the only MDMA pills in the last two years in Ireland that I came across. They had a bit of a reputation across the water as being the pills to look out for amongst a sea of crap.

Methylone and mephedrone have not shown up in pills yet as far as I know. (Perhaps one or two batches, but none that any of me or my assocaites have come in contact with) Why they haven't baffles me! At least users would be getting an MDMA-like buzz (albeit a very lite one) and not have to put up with ****e piperazine jittes followed by a two day comedown.

Methylone is good, try it before it gets banned lol.
    I haven't tried mephedrone as the molecualr structure looks a bit iffy, and I have read a lot of reports of heart problems following binges on mephedrone. I suspect it could lead to heart trouble in the future, so best stay away from that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thing is, I've had piperazines and I've had pills, and while the highs from pills have been varied somewhat, they never felt like piperazines.

Well either...

you haven't taken pills since 2008, or

you haven't been taking pills very often and have been very lucky when you did, or

you have very good contacts,

or (I'm not insinuating this one, I just though it fitted better last) you can't tell the difference between MDMA and piperazines.

My opinion on MDMA: A nice drug but I wouldn't do it too often. I can't hack comedowns! Would never take one without a valium for later.

Grass is my everyday drug. Given a choice between MDMA and LSD I'd go for the acid. Its an epic drug, with a real chance of giving you brilliant and profound insights on life and about yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think it is very sad that most kids who take pills these days don't experience the intense pleasure that MDMA can give because of the ****e state of the tablets. Inexperienced users accept that the piperazine buzz is in fact the buzz from ecstasy.

This is very true, i would say in Dublin we were getting pure Ecstasy tablets up until around 1994,after that the quality rapidly went downhill and around 1998 (with the exception of the wonderful Mitsubishi's) they went really bad, unfortunately even the mitsis went bad eventually, at that time my consumption was at a all time high and i was having to take a cocktail of E,Speed and Coke washed down with alcohol to get any buzz as id built up such a tolerance,but yeah unfortunately the kids today will most probably never get to experience the intense pleasure of real Ecstasy.

• Advertisement

Well either...

you haven't taken pills since 2008, or

you haven't been taking pills very often and have been very lucky when you did, or

you have very good contacts,

or (I'm not insinuating this one, I just though it fitted better last) you can't tell the difference between MDMA and piperazines.
    Hmm... actually, only once since 2008.

I think it could be a mix of the first 3 reasons. Regarding the last one, I reckon I can tell if something's MDMA (there's a certain type of unmistakable magic that goes with them) or if something's a piperazine (the intensity vs the comedown is the biggest telling factor, but it is a distinctive high anyway), and many times both of these have proved false.

My opinion on MDMA: A nice drug but I wouldn't do it too often. I can't hack comedowns! Would never take one without a valium for later.

Grass is my everyday drug. Given a choice between MDMA and LSD I'd go for the acid. Its an epic drug, with a real chance of giving you brilliant and profound insights on life and about yourself.

I barely take anything thesedays, i got a few lines of rubbish coke last nite which made me sneeze and that was that :confused: the usual rubbish you get in Dublin, but a comedown on MDMA?

That's why if i was taking anything this is what i would be into as ive NEVER had a comedown from MDMA, feel a bit knackered the next day but no comedown and for someone my age who's taken a lot over the years that is good but unfortunately it appears there isn't much MDMA around anymore in Dublin, i couldn't do yokes anymore as i simply cannot handle the physical an mental comedowns anymore (an they are crap anyway)

jonny68 wrote: »
    (with the exception of the wonderful Mitsubishi's) they went really bad, unfortunately even the mitsis went bad eventually,

Another thing I think I should point out is that there are often several different tablets in circulation at any one time which have the same (or very similar) logo stamped on them.

Usually once a good pill comes out other manufacturers start to knock out copy cats to cash in on the original pill's reputation. These "copy cats" range from ****e to decent and anywhere in between.

There have been thousands of different Mitsubishi tablets through the years made by hundreds of different manufacturers. I remember even getting ketamine mitsis at one point!

Not saying you didn't already know that Johnny, I'm just making it a little clearer for those not in the game as long as me and you. ;)

a comedown from MDMA?

Back in the day when I took yokes I didn't have a contact for pure crystal so I would often end up taking pills, usually containing a bit of speed as well as MDMA which is what gives me the comedown.

You're right, there is very little comedown with pure MDMA. Remember taking it one night in Ibiza and having no problems sleeping afterwards! :)

As regards Acid, where do i start, when i first took Acid it was a double dipped strawberry around 1993 an i was in Courtown of all places,had an mad time and never laughed as much,done this a few more times and then started mixing it with E, first time doing this was at The Orb in the Point in 1994, what an incredible surreal experience that was.

BUT as time went on Acid got stronger, i took a black microdot one nite as i was let down for yokes and i was convinced that my legs had disappeared an demand people call an ambulance,but it all went pete tong when i took a HALF of what was called getafix, these acid for anyone who remembers were off the hook an this remains to this day the strongest drug ive ever taken, i was tripping for over 24 hours and it was just too intense and i swore after that id never take acid again an i didn't for 13 years, i took a half last year wityh some bird and all was going well until she lost the plot so it ende up a horrible buzz so that's me finished with acid (no mushies either)

• Advertisement

Another thing I think I should point out is that there are often several different tablets in circulation at any one time which have the same (or very similar) logo stamped on them.

Usually once a good pill comes out other manufacturers start to knock out copy cats to cash in on the original pill's reputation. These "copy cats" range from ****e to decent and anywhere in between.

There have been thousands of different Mitsubishi tablets through the years made by hundreds of different manufacturers. I remember even getting ketamine mitsis at one point!

Not saying you didn't already know that Johnny, I'm just making it a little clearer for those not in the game as long as me and you. ;)

Yeah i remember a mate getting a bad batch of mitsis around 1999 and they were dreadful an made people sick,actually even as far back as 1993 there were some dodgy pills around,i remember taking a special K and going into The Asylum and it was horrible, full of ketamine or skag and i was rolling around the floor in a mess,was horrible,although at that time bad pills here were few and far between and these special K were not to be seen again.

To intensify the experience i used to look at images and videos like this they used to show on the chillout Zone on MTV.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVpWQcLZzIY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKQTi4SoMI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXezakULBk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJWC1FRMNs

m_119476893511947689354965.gif

aliced6_3dateliercom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

cant say i ever have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Jesus, that moving image thing is freaking the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Was never mad into drugs, so nope never taken e or mdma.

K seems very popular though

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Jesus, that moving image thing is freaking the **** out of me.

:D:D try looking at that after taking Acid and E then you'll have some experience ;)

Will wrote: »

K seems very popular though

K is a disgusting drug , i never could see the attraction of rolling around the ground out of your mind in a K hole,horrible, i was always just into uppers mostly (asides from when i was also a big smoker)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

Hey thanks for getting back on my post. Really appreciate that and it was extremely informative and made lots of sense :-) I started out 10 years ago taking E and this was back in the day when it would cost you a tenner for just one, but these were pretty good, long lasting etc. Remember the Mitsubishi’s, doves? Well it was all very short lived because within about two years into this, the pills became absolute ****e! I thought I was becoming immune to them or something but no, they were really rubbish. I mean you can get them now for 2 euro’s each now and when you think about it, how can it be possible to get something good for that price? Now two years ago, i discovered mdma crystals, they were brownish color, well it was like taking the first one all over again. Amazing and the brilliant thing about this stuff was that you had no major downer afterwards, just very tired though. No head wrecking during the week either. I finally found something that suited and agreed with me. Since early this year it has become almost impossible to get it again and the reply to my post explains all that. Very disappointing indeed but obviously nothing one can do. I would advise that nobody goes near the other stuff, it plays havoc with your heart especially. This is why I thought this stuff has to be speed but I know now. Once again thanks for letting me know. .............Disappointed Lollie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

K is a disgusting drug , i never could see the attraction of rolling around the ground out of your mind in a K hole,horrible, i was always just into uppers mostly (asides from when i was also a big smoker)

Never gone near the stuff, and plan never to. Was just saying how popular it has become, from what i've seen and heard. Saw loads of people taking it one night, it's not very glamorous at all. Sniffing horse tranquilizers :confused: Same can be said for coke.

To intensify the experience i used to look at images and videos like this they used to show on the chillout Zone on MTV.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVpWQcLZzIY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKQTi4SoMI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXezakULBk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJWC1FRMNs

m_119476893511947689354965.gif

The chillout zone isn't bad at all, as MTV goes it's bloody great.

Great list of tunes there too.

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Never gone near the stuff, and plan never to. Was just saying how popular it has become, from what i've seen and heard. Saw loads of people taking it one night, it's not very glamorous at all. Sniffing horse tranquilizers :confused: Same can be said for coke.
    Ketamine is used in human medicine also. The whole "OMG Horse Tranquiliser!" thing is a product of the media.

Alcohol is used as an industrial solvent and a disinfectant. Were it illegal, I suspect the media would focus on this.

:D:pac:

ketamine.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

:D:D try looking at that after taking Acid and E then you'll have some experience ;)

Yeah, then it would ABSOLUTELY freak the **** outta me!

Good pills are still around, just hard to come by. Especially in the past year. And whats this about fake mdma going around?! I thought that was something I could trust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

okay, again this weekend just gone i decided to give the so called E a try and it did nothing but just keep me awake for too many hours which I couldn't handle. I'm done here. Time to move on and get over it. MDMA is obviously not going to be easy to get hands on for a while, production of the other stuff is cheap but I wonder how long people will put up with that stuff?

Bah...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

They can ruin a good night too. Had to leave Justice, who I'd been dying to see for months cos I got bogey.

Could have been the fact that it was Justice! :D

keep me awake for too many hours which I couldn't handle.

There comes a time in everyone's life when getting a good night's sleep starts getting priority over keeping awake all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Done it a few times, wouldn't do it often though. Wastes the whole next day and my teeth are always sore afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

MDMA, done it once, but it was all simultaneous, got offered some at a festival, was great so it was, but now im far removed from any urge to have my heart racing at 4am....

Im done with that ****, but I will say, it was a great experience. Now that I think about it..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

bluto63 wrote: »
    Done it a few times, wouldn't do it often though. Wastes the whole next day and my teeth are always sore afterwards...

5htp is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There comes a time in everyone's life when getting a good night's sleep starts getting priority over keeping awake all night.
    Was speaking to friends recently (they all have kids now) and the way they were talking about a good night's sleep was the way they used to talk about great pills. :pac:

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was speaking to friends recently (they all have kids now) and the way they were talking about a good night's sleep was the way they used to talk about great pills. :pac:

aye it's true alright :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The dealers have really shot themselves in the foot as this stuff goes. I'm not interested in doing pills again, the **** they pour in just isn't worth the comedown.

Kold wrote: »
    The dealers have really shot themselves in the foot as this stuff goes. I'm not interested in doing pills again, the **** they pour in just isn't worth the comedown.

true, its a pity kids thesedays will probably never get to experience real ecstasy and the intense buzz that comes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

K is a disgusting drug , i never could see the attraction of rolling around the ground out of your mind in a K hole,horrible

Good thing it's not necessary to get out of one's mind in a K-hole then.

Yay for moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

true, its a pity kids thesedays will probably never get to experience real ecstasy and the intense buzz that comes with it.

it's a pity over 35's will probably never get to experience real ketamine and the buzz that comes with it (in moderation).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jtsuited wrote: »
    it's a pity over 35's will probably never get to experience real ketamine and the buzz that comes with it (in moderation).
    In fairness though, comparing Ketamine to MDMA (or real Ecstasy) is like comparing chalk and cheese. But you got your dig in, so that's the important thing, even though you could do better.

Personally I don't like Ketamine, but I'm not mad into trips either, never was.

FruitLover wrote: »
    Good thing it's not necessary to get out of one's mind in a K-hole then.

Yay for moderation.

Ketamine is NOT a club drug. It is a dissociative and should not be taken in a public environment. In my opinion the high that is obtained from snorting small bumps of the stuff is worthless, as it produces little euphoria or psychedelia.

If I do ketamine (which is very rarely) I snort at least 200mg, probably more like 300mg in order to K-hole, because to me this is the only aspect of the drug that makes it worth doing.

You should not K-hole in a club or at a party as if you do it right you will lose all sense of your body and won't have a hope of walking around, let alone conversing! It is very interesting, I wouldn't really call it a psychedelic, but it is certainly trippy in ways. Weird is an apt word to decribe it I feel!

Also to clear up a common misconception, ketamine is not a horse tranquiliser, it is an anaesthetic used in both humans and animals.

Why not? Just get yerself down to a psy-trance event and get invited back to an after party :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Photojoe

Another clanger from Jonny. Did nobody tell you about the pure MDMA crystals that have become popular in the last few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

BaZmO* wrote: »
    But you got your dig in, so that's the important thing, even though you could do better.
    yup. must try harder.

I believe he is talking about ketamine, not MDMA, and his comment was more inclined towards humor as opposed to seriousness.

And while there is some good MDMA crystal kicking about at the minute there is also some fake piperazine crystal, so be warned!

• Advertisement

I believe he is talking about ketamine, not MDMA, and his comment was more inclined towards humor as opposed to seriousness.

And while there is some good MDMA crystal kicking about at the minute there is also some fake piperazine crystal, so be warned!

Jonny was talking about pills ie MDMA. Keep up sugartits.

Then why did you quote jtsuited fudgeballs?

Then why did you quote jtsuited fudgeballs?
    His quote was the page before. I couldn't be arsed finding it. QUoted the one where he was quoted, referenced his name to avoid confusion. Forgot that this is board full of scummy little mongoloids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The serotonin depletion is really starting to show in this forum.:pac:

Photojoe wrote: »
    Forgot that this is board full of scummy little mongoloids.

I may be a mongoloid but I am certainly not scummy. I wash twice a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

DUH!

Had boards open in 2 windows and replied to the wrong one.

Haha lets all laugh at me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Anyway back on topic.

I hope the Djs I want to see fall into the category of "acceptable" by
    the clicky brigade and Im not ridiculed from a height by said people.

Anyway I'd love to see
    2000 And One, havent heard any of his live sets but love his release "Heritage" and if his sets have tunes anyway similar to whats on this I'd be lepping round the place..

Mark Farina is another DJ I'd love to see.

And yes if Danny Rampling was playing anywhere I would go to see him.
    Haven't said that Mixmag Live #1 is possibly the worst mixed Cd I've ever heard. I still would go and see him however for sentimentality more than anything.

Tony Humphries was possibly the best gig I was at last year so would love to see him again.

How is that on topic?

Anyway back on topic.

I hope the Djs I want to see fall into the category of "acceptable" by
    the clicky brigade and Im not ridiculed from a height by said people.

Anyway I'd love to see
    2000 And One, havent heard any of his live sets but love his release "Heritage" and if his sets have tunes anyway similar to whats on this I'd be lepping round the place..

Mark Farina is another DJ I'd love to see.

And yes if Danny Rampling was playing anywhere I would go to see him.
    Haven't said that Mixmag Live #1 is possibly the worst mixed Cd I've ever heard. I still would go and see him however for sentimentality more than anything.

Tony Humphries was possibly the best gig I was at last year so would love to see him again.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXXdp6aqxDQ

Maha possibly the most off topic post ever. Can we help you back to the nursing home thread sir?

Maha possibly the most off topic post ever. Can we help you back to the nursing home thread sir?

He posted a dance music topic in a dancemusic thread, missing the right thread by one. Hardly the most off topic post. The one I got banned for in AHs would be up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement