Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone try this rucksack or bag?
    Will they last long, one time use or worth buying?

Not used either but I imagine for the money they would not be all that well stitched together for carrying heavy loads, probably fine for light stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

snubbleste wrote: »
    Sugar 1.4kg €1.19

Will they last long, one time use or worth buying?

Only tried the rucksack. It's like a strongish plastic bag. In fact you'd be better off buing one of the Dealz shopping bags for 50c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Was in Dealz Galway there they have 3 Cans of Vanilla Coke for €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bought a masonry/ woodstain brush fully expecting to bin it after doing the fence. Not only did it do the fence, it was then used staining the shed. Next job was painting the back of the house- its good as new, no bristle loss, and it grips comfortably. Recognition where it's due- it's a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Will they last long, one time use or worth buying?[/QUOTE]

Bought 2 of the rucksacks for 2 of my sons. They used them to carry their lunch on a scouts hike but they both fell apart. I'm a big fan of Dealz but some things you do need to spend a bit more on otherwise it's false economy!! Got them grand fold up back packs in Tesco for about €6/7 which are really strong and compact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aldi and Lidl are the places to watch for backpacks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Saw both bags. They are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Thargor wrote: »
    Or Amazon. Got a few of these for the kids three or four years ago and they've held up really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

My mum had to buy a HDMI cable for her new TV and was about to buy one for 20 quid or so in Tesco. Told her to try Dealz next door and wahey, she nabbed one for €1.49, the dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

the corpo wrote: »
    My mum had to buy a HDMI cable for her new TV and was about to buy one for 20 quid or so in Tesco. Told her to try Dealz next door and wahey, she nabbed one for €1.49, the dream!

The whole super duper expensive HDMI cables notion is a myth,they either work or they don't.No point spending stupid money on HDMI cables,the cheap ones do the job just as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Thargor wrote: »

Think I saw a brochure from Aldi that has some in this week (Thurs?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Think I saw a brochure from Aldi that has some in this week (Thurs?)

http://aldi.brochure.ie/view/aldi-Flyers-until-04-06

http://lidl.brochure.ie/view/lidl-Flyers-until-07-06

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Lidl Thursday (4th)

33ogrww.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

zerks wrote: »
    The whole super duper expensive HDMI cables notion is a myth,they either work or they don't.No point spending stupid money on HDMI cables,the cheap ones do the job just as well.

yeah see how far that theory gets you when the telly explodes through the front window and kills the neighbours westie

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jmorrisey wrote: »
    yeah see how far that theory gets you when the telly explodes through the front window and kills the neighbours westie
    You've had personal experience of this, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

Watching CSI:Cyber much?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Watching CSI:Cyber much?
    Mighty :D:D

I just clicked into this thread randomly from the home page, and seen this post at the top of the page (quoted by muffler). So it had no context or anything (I didnt know what was being talked about).

To say I nearly fell out of my chair laughing would be an understatement. The over-the-top-ness and randomness of it just sent me into such a fit of laughter. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

In Dealz in Limerick yesterday I picked up a Mega Bloks/Moshi Monsters "Seed Cart" set. It's a small set with just 26 pcs incl the monster but excellent value for €1.49. They are the small Lego compatible Bloks, so aged 4+, though my 2.5 year old enjoyed playing with it under supervision.

This is the set; http://www.amazon.com/Moshi-Monsters-Mega-Bloks-80618/dp/B006JUDDJA

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Just got the smiths singles and the love double album (for the missus) in tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

Hondo75 wrote: »
    Just got the smiths singles and the love double album (for the missus) in tallaght

A smiths album in dealz? what a time to be alive:D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Hondo75 wrote: »

That Love Album was a waste ... save a few bob, down on one knee and serenade her with a quick romantic verse instead:
    And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes in to us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die
    And if a ten ton truck
    Kills the both of us
    To die by your side
    Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they've started selling 2 pack of Twinkies for €1.49 now.
    sounds expensive, but cheaper than the €9.50 for 10 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

they've started selling 2 pack of Twinkies for €1.49 now.
    sounds expensive, but cheaper than the €9.50 for 10 in Tesco.
    Picked up a load of Twinkies in a Walmart while in the US a few years back in order to satisfy my curiosity... I'm a fan of anything sweet but thought they were rotten.

But hey, 2 for €1.50 is preferable to the pack of 24 I brought back.. especially if you decide you don't like them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

At €1.49 those things are still awful, wouldn't eat another one of you paid me €1.49. 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

2 for €1.49 Roma pasta bakes, gives Aldi and Lidl a run for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

can confirm twinkies were a disappointment, minirolls ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

can confirm twinkies were a disappointment, minirolls ftw

They lack character mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

the mega bloks set would be great as a stocking filler :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 for €1.49 Roma pasta bakes, gives Aldi and Lidl a run for their money
    What product is this? Google has nothing...

Advertisement