Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raoul wrote: »
    Dont forget to change your team before the game tonight!! Unless you are the Baltimore Buccs :)

17 defensive points. How do you like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Are you the Baltimore buccs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

SantryRed wrote: »
    God I hate Marcedes Lewis, he does nothing when I play him and has scored TDs in the two games I haven't.

Up by thirty, I've Witten to play, Luke has Manning,Forte and Jackson.

Worried!!

Be great if Forte actually played a game though. Absolute girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Am going down this week against Pudsy, already 1-3 and getting worse.

With Aaron Hernandez and DHB already gone, Darren McFadden on Bye and now Hakeem Nicks out again absences are killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm playing all the lads in my division twice in the first 6 weeks. Why's that? :confused:

I'm playing all the lads in my division twice in the first 6 weeks. Why's that? :confused:

Everyone is. I dunno.

Well Raoul we may not have gotten our Madden game played but at least I seem to have kicked your ass in the fantasy. Thank you Percy Harvin.

Gracious winner as ever Matthew

Looks like I might knock down the previously undefeated Pudsy, thanks to some unlikely heroes. Randall Cobb, Santana Moss came up big and Alshon Jeffrey sneaked a TD.
    Would have been a long season had I lost that one, still might be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Can't believe I beat you heli! Kerley getting. Me 9 points and andre Johnson only getting you 1.9 !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can't believe I beat you heli! Kerley getting. Me 9 points and andre Johnson only getting you 1.9 !

1.3 points you beat me by! I dont think Andre caught 1 pass last night :mad:

1.3 points you beat me by! I dont think Andre caught 1 pass last night :mad:

:pac:

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone need a backup qb? I'm looking to trade tannehill or Sam Bradford for a RB or possibly some other position

My season is gone to crap after the first 2 games.

Its really hard with so many in the league, there is no options on waiver really.

I always knew Aaron Rodgers would come good :D

Split my divisional games 3-3. Going to be tight!

I always knew Aaron Rodgers would come good :D

Split my divisional games 3-3. Going to be tight!

Good? Hardly good, fecking phenomenal score. In another league I had RG3, I was literally jumping around the place when he got that 76 yard rushing td :D.

Also have AP in that same league, and was disgusted at Kyle Rudolph as he took 2 passing tds from about the 1 yard line that I wanted AP to run in. AP also had a TD taken off him because Rudolph fecking interfered offensively. :mad: 13 points ahead and its Thomas for me against Decker for him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks like i'll be 3-3 after tonights game..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think what makes it most difficult is that we have to play 3 WR + 2 RB + 1 Flex, makes it very difficult if you get injuries or hit too many on a bye week.

Won my game this week against Baltimore Buccaneers who will now go to 3-3 for all his talk of strolling through the league.

You got lucky there Heli, looks like Pudsy fell asleep at the wheel leaving two bye week guys in there, would actually be close going into tonight otherwise. (I'm glad as it's keeping me just about in touch in the division as I'll be 2-4 after another loss).
    Whoever Team Reidy is did the same, only 29.9 points so far.
    Couple of people won't be invited back next year

I left in one!
    My own fault though!
    Hopefully Rivers has a decent game tonight to make it safe!

I left in one!
    My own fault though!
    Hopefully Rivers has a decent game tonight to make it safe!

Sproles is fine to leave in for you, as you had RB's on your bench that could play this week.
    Few people not even bothering with minimum level of effort to swap Bye week players to bench. These people won't be invited back, makes it a bit of a joke as other people's records could be affected by if they were lucky enough to play one of these teams on a week where they had guys on bye or not.

• Advertisement

Sproles is fine to leave in for you, as you had RB's on your bench that could play this week.
    Few people not even bothering with minimum level of effort to swap Bye week players to bench. These people won't be invited back, makes it a bit of a joke as other people's records could be affected by if they were lucky enough to play one of these teams on a week where they had guys on bye or not.

Why not try get people in to replace there teams ? I know Berty is looking to do it at least next year... Etloveslsd said he'd do it next year,

Why not try get people in to replace there teams ? I know Berty is looking to do it at least next year... Etloveslsd said he'd do it next year,

Yeah will definitely be opening up to anyone else who wants to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You got lucky there Heli, looks like Pudsy fell asleep at the wheel leaving two bye week guys in there, would actually be close going into tonight otherwise. (I'm glad as it's keeping me just about in touch in the division as I'll be 2-4 after another loss).
    Whoever Team Reidy is did the same, only 29.9 points so far.
    Couple of people won't be invited back next year

Yep, that was an absolute howler by myself this week. Won't happen again lads, apologies for that.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Yep, that was an absolute howler by myself this week. Won't happen again lads, apologies for that.

Just for our next game Pudsy :pac:

Poor old Rob had to go against me and i had RG3. My team ran riot! 3-3 Hopefully RG3 keeps getting involved in shoot outs.

Poor old Rob had to go against me and i had RG3. My team ran riot! 3-3 Hopefully RG3 keeps getting involved in shoot outs.

Got absolutely crushed

Can someone throw up the standings ? No access to the site in work. Think I'm going to go to 3-3 after tonights game.

Seems to be a lot of people very close, could get very interesting later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My God, I actually won. Phillip rivers threw 4 interceptions for Heli while my broncos D had 4 ints, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 tds. If rivers had any type of competent display I would have lost.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    My God, I actually won. Phillip rivers threw 4 interceptions for Heli while my broncos D had 4 ints, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 tds. If rivers had any type of competent display I would have lost.

Just looking at it now, Rivers you moron :mad:

Thats two monday night games that's killed Heli :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone with a Running back they are willing to trade let me know. I've a few QB's so looking to trade at least one of those.

Thats two monday night games that's killed Heli :pac:

Should have put in the Hass :D

Just had a quick look at the main offenders in not managing their teams.
    Through only 6 weeks of action (with only 3 weeks containing byes for 10 teams - 2,4,4)

****WARNING****

Team Reidy (Copper_pipe) - Has left 10 players in when on Byes. Has not made any moves. If he doesn't post in here by Friday, confirming that he will be active then I will boot him from the league and drop everyone to his bench so will be an automatic win for whoever plays him.
    Had a look and he has gone 3-3, all division games and has beaten and lost to each division opponent so this won't upset the standings.

South East Asia Swagger (empacher) - Has left 4 players in when on Byes.
    If no moves are made for his team this weekend to adjust for players on Bye, then will be booted and all players dropped to bench.

Leixlip Salmon (Lukebray) - Has left 4 players in when on Byes.
    If no moves are made for his team this weekend to adjust for players on Bye, then will be booted and all players dropped to bench.

The above two are playing each other this week, which is only reason am giving them more time.

Not fair on people who are actually trying in this league, that standings are messed up by zombie teams.

If these guys do get booted, then their teams will be up for grabs if anyone is interested in making a late season charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm still here , apologies for not being active. Iv noticed I can manage my team on my phone now so I have no excuse.

Anyone need a quarterback?

I've got Christian Ponder

Anyone want to trade for the law firm or Steven Jackson? I'm open to offers on everyone, but of all my team, those guys are probably the 2 I'm lowest on right now in comparison to what others think about them.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Anyone want to trade for the law firm or Steven Jackson? I'm open to offers on everyone, but of all my team, those guys are probably the 2 I'm lowest on right now in comparison to what others think about them.
    What positions are you looking for?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What positions are you looking for?

Anything but TE really. Though of course TEs can make decent flex starters but it's my only position where I don't feel I could do better in this, deepest of leagues. On the other hand, I could be willing to trade Graham, but would need a replacement, because Gresham is just a matchup starter at this point.

Would you be interested in trading Kendall Wright Adrian? I'm in general in the market for WRs, though I'm open to trading my own, unless they're called Percy Harvin, in which case you probably don't love him as much as I do, but who knows?

• Advertisement

Could be, I'll take a look this evening when I get home and let you know.

Not really interested in Steven Jackson though so it would need to be for BGE I'd say.

Hold it, I'm not that interested in Wright. He's a no. 3 WR I'm happy to start, whereas BJGE is a no. 2 RB I'm happy to start. It's not like my running backs are surplus to requirements either so I don't have much problem holding on to all of them.

OK, well what would you give up for Wright?

adrian522 wrote: »
    OK, well what would you give up for Wright?

That's the problem I guess. I was hoping you might come up with something.

I guess with Amedola injured I'm a little more conservative about trading Wright, I'll talke a look this evening, cant view the site in work.

The departue of Amendola is a major stinker for your team yeah, fecks up Bradford's value too. Hixon is emerging as a nice number 3 option though.

• Advertisement

Feck it - Graham OUT, Mendenhall OUT, Bolden OUT Garcon sure to be inactive as he's doubtful. Enjoy Andrew Hawkins, Jermaine Gresham and Donald Jones. Enjoy this week's matchup Team Duffy. I'll be sure to enjoy Rod Streater and David Wilson too.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Feck it - Graham OUT, Mendenhall OUT, Bolden OUT Garcon sure to be inactive as he's doubtful. Enjoy Andrew Hawkins, Jermaine Gresham and Donald Jones. Enjoy this week's matchup Team Duffy. I'll be sure to enjoy Rod Streater and David Wilson too.

Yeah my squad is a bit thin this week too. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How do i get to manage my team, Cant see anywhere on this link http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/football

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah my squad is a bit thin this week too. :(

I felt so lucky at the start of the week because Maclin and Shady were on byes, but then it was an awful week for Garcon. Don't mind Mendy and Graham being out though, time for some healing rather than a Garcon-like stretch of stressful Sunday evenings. I feel like the football gods are punishing me for wanting Garcon back from his foot injury all the way back in week 2 by making it a long nagging injury for Garcon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement