Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A most curious Dream

• 26-08-2006 6:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Some History:
    Many moons ago when I was but a mere boy I found myself romantically involved with a young lady down the road from my home. The young lady had quite a fiery temper and was generally not very pleasant but not knowing any better I allowed her to claim me as her own. This young Lady had a lovely sister, who was everything my young lady friend was not.

I found myself most attracted to the sister as we had a lot in common and would talk for hours on end but unfortunately the evil sister had laid claim to my person so nothing came of our mutual attraction. I have not been in contact with either sister for quite some time now and only catch glimpses of them from afar on buses or at the shops. I have not thought about either sister in quite some time either and neither of them consumes my thoughts.

Now Fast forward 10 years to the middle of this week.

The Dream:
    I had a dream this week, in which both sisters played a prominent role. In my dream I was at home watching TV when all of a sudden I heard a thunderous thud on my front door. I opened the door and it was the father of the sisters, irate and giving me dogs abuse from my front door. I remember the father well because he questioned me several times all those years ago and always made sure his evil daughter never wore a skirt short enough as to tempt a young man to behave inappropriately towards her. He watched me like a hawk back then and 10 years later he appears in my dream to give me hell once more.

Anyway, he tells me that I have disgraced his family and that he had arranged a fight for me with a local young boxer who was to give me a jolly good hiding. I asked him what it was I done and he told me I had been fooling around with both daughters at the same time. He dragged me from my house and down to the local community centre where there was a ring set up and a scrawny little boxer there waiting for me. All the local people were ringside and waiting for the fight to happen. Turns out the boxer was the nephew of the sisters father and he asked him to take care of me. This boxer didn’t look much and although confused about the situation I climbed into the ring and began to fight.

I ended up kicking lumps out of the boxer and left him on the floor of the ring in bits, but I couldn’t climb out of the ring. Apparently the judges at ringside (who were local people I remember from my past) declared the boxer the winner as he landed more punches and I and I didn’t fight according to the rules because I used my feet and put him in headlocks and stuff like that. I physically couldn’t get out of the ring even though no one was stopping me. My body just wouldn’t leave the ring. I ended up repeating the fight over and over again with the same result, the boxer always got the win for landing more punches despite me wrecking him every time.

The evil sister was at ringside and had a very smug look on her face and seemed to be enjoying my torment, it was as if she was in control of my body and was preventing me from walking away. I was calm on the outside but panicking on the inside because I couldn’t leave the ring and was getting ready to go another round with the boxer when all of a sudden the nice sister burst into the community centre and told everyone I was innocent and that the evil sister had made it all up. She called me over to her and smiled seductively at me. I was able to leave the ring and we walked out of the community centre together holding hands, while the father and the evil sister looked on in despair. It was at this point that the dream either ended or else I forgot what happened next.(Typical, if I only dreamed a bit longer I bet I would have had the nice sister)

The aftermath of the dream:
    When I woke up I recalled the dream clearly enough which is unusual for me as most of the time I only remember parts of my dreams. I thought about it for a while and wondered why I had dreamed about the sisters as they hadn’t been on my mind in years and I hadn’t seen them except in passing for years either. I didn’t see either sister in passing or otherwise for at least 6 months before my dream and I never really think about them as they belong to my past. I was puzzled as to what triggered their appearance in my dream that night but just put it down to my subconscious linking them somehow with other events in my present life, and somehow my dream played out a representation of something on my mind now. (But I don’t know what it was supposed to represent) anyway, after some nostalgia and thought about my dream I just shrugged my shoulders and moved on.

Now for the weird part:
    A day after I had the dream I bumped into the nice sister as I was walking home. (I never bump into either of them usually) she looked at me and gave me that same smile she gave me in my dream and said hello in a really seductive way. The similarity to my dream was uncanny. I said hello back to her and she walked by me and continued on her way. I turned around to look at her and she was looking back at me with a little wry smile on her face, like she knew something I didn’t. I’ve been thinking about the dream and trying to figure out what triggered it but my bumping into the nice sister happened a day after my dream and I can’t think of any reason for having the dream at the time I did or explain the relevance or the representation of the events that took place in my dream.

I’m putting down the meeting of the nice sister in the street as a coincidence but has anyone any thoughts as to what the dream was all about.
    (and before you ask, ......no I’m not seeing two different women right now )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Are you in a relationship at the moment? Have you a desire to be in a relationship? Have you recently had any encounter with a person you don't really know (got introduced by a friend)? Has anybody in your family recently had problems with relationships? Is there any big issues going on in your life at the moment? Explain.

I know of a colleague who had a drream about an ex-colleague. He explained to me that she was having her wedding in September. She hadn't contacted him about the wedding or talked to him in months. He recently had a dream about her changing the date for the wedding and he was confused about the dream coz he had not talked to her in a while. About a day later she calls to ensure that he is still attending the wedding but there was a change. I've forgotten what the change was but I think it had got to do with the venue or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

clown bag wrote:
    Some History:
    **** This young Lady had a lovely sister, who was everything my young lady friend was not.

*****I found myself most attracted to the sister as we had a lot in common and would talk for hours on end ......... our mutual attraction.

I bumped into the nice sister as I was walking home. (I never bump into either of them usually) she looked at me and gave me that same smile she gave me in my dream and said hello in a really seductive way. The similarity to my dream was uncanny. I said hello back to her and she walked by me and continued on her way. I turned around to look at her and she was looking back at me with a little wry smile on her face, like she knew something I didn’t.

Forget about the dream for a minute and review what you wrote above. Sounds like she is still interested in you, if you are single it sounds like you should look her up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If clownbag is single, he's got a foundation for a one-liner that he could use to renew the relationship. Let's see, "I dreamed about you..." Oh well, he can fill in the details, revise, modify, alter, toss, whatever, should he wish to pursue his dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭djeddy

Now for the weird part:
    A day after I had the dream I bumped into the nice sister as I was walking home. (I never bump into either of them usually) she looked at me and gave me that same smile she gave me in my dream and said hello in a really seductive way. The similarity to my dream was uncanny. I said hello back to her and she walked by me and continued on her way. I turned around to look at her and she was looking back at me with a little wry smile on her face, like she knew something I didn’t. I’ve been thinking about the dream and trying to figure out what triggered it but my bumping into the nice sister happened a day after my dream and I can’t think of any reason for having the dream at the time I did or explain the relevance or the representation of the events that took place in my dream.

:cool: looks like your dream foretold a future event in your life :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Many thanks for the replies kind boardsies.

red_bairn:
    No relationship worries. Only thing on my mind is my career path. I'm not really interested in what I studied in college and am qualified for something I don't really like doing so I've been thinking long and hard about my options for the future and what direction to take.

Pink Bunny:
    I like your thinking ;) I know not if the fair maiden is still living in the area and have no way of contacting her but cheesy moves may be made should our paths cross again, which brings me on to blue lagoon.

blue lagoon.
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to develop your one liner into a worthy declaration of love which once spoken will put the fair maiden under my love spell.

djeddy
    It certainly looks like my dream foretold the future but I am a firm atheist and non-believer in all things spooky and paranormal so I'm sticking with the coincidence story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement