Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switch sold out everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

spix wrote: »
    It was still showing as in stock for a few hours after I ordered however I didn't order again as the message told me not to, and to contact them to confirm the order. The system cant have been that slow.. I don't think it was a stock issue when I ordered but some other issue on their end. They shouldn't have cancelled my payment and asked me to order again, they should've confirmed it like the message said 'Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callback@smythstoys.com to confirm your order" Had the message just said there was a problem with the order, try again or something similar, I would've tried again or ordered at currys.

I'm sure if you write another email explaining all that, they might reserve one for you from the next time they get one in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭SteM

bluewolf wrote: »
    Got an email from currys at 4:30am saying back in stock. Sent it to friend still looking for one at 9am. Sold out already

Still waiting for dpd to send mine. Can't wait for animal crossing

What day did you order it? Ours was dispatched via DPD on the 12th but no sign yet.

SteM wrote: »
    What day did you order it? Ours was dispatched via DPD on the 12th but no sign yet.

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day.

Head Office

14/5/2020 at 20:00

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Apologies - Parcel delayed due to high volumes. We’ll send you 1 hr delivery update on delivery day.

Head Office

Yeah, the same message for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm sure if you write another email explaining all that, they might reserve one for you from the next time they get one in?

I was hoping they'd do that, and definitely should but don't have much hope with how they dealt with it originally tbh. Feel I'm just going to have to wait to try find another. Been looking for ages, then find in stock at 2 stores and this happens....

12th as well
    lastest update is:

Head Office

I had a dpd delivery delayed this week and emailed customer service email saying I needed it.

was delivered that day.

got delivered by a young lad in a big 19-d jag bizzarely.

My brother works for dpd. Pre covid19 he said each driver did 80 deliveries a day. Now they're asked to do between 140 and 150 and work Saturdays too.

It just arrived i'm so excited!! straight on to animal crossing asap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

bluewolf wrote:
    It just arrived i'm so excited!! straight on to animal crossing asap

Haha, my wife's one arrived on Friday. It was a 'productive' animal crossing weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

Mr.S wrote: »
    Back in stock in Currys IE

Briefly!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

I ordered from Curry's this morning at 7:29 and just got an email to say that order cancelled as it is out of stock. Glad I hadn't mentioned it to the kids.

Interesting that the time to get refunded the money is longer than the expected delivery notified earlier.

I also ordered at currys at 6am and it got cancelled as well. I had a preorder at BTshop in uk and cancelled that after placing my order at currys. And so the search begins again. What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

I had an email alert set up with the Nintendo UK store and got notification yesterday that they had some in stock. I ordered, but this morning they emailed saying that it will be 48 hours before they can confirm the order. Fingers crossed

Think I'll just forget about it for now, these stores are taking the piss. Both smyths and currys said in stock, took my money then changed their mind. Is it really that difficult to only put something for sale if you have it? Have 3 transactions still pending in my bank account from failing to buy one 3 times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Len_007 wrote: »
    I had an email alert set up with the Nintendo UK store and got notification yesterday that they had some in stock. I ordered, but this morning they emailed saying that it will be 48 hours before they can confirm the order. Fingers crossed

You will get it. They send that for all orders.

• Advertisement

Gamestop have some be quick:

Grey , Neon and Animal crossing ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73274/nintendo-switch-1-1-red-blue-console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Very tempted to pick one of the new 1.1 models from Gamestop. Had issues with Smyths

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Very tempted to pick one of the new 1.1 models from Gamestop. Had issues with Smyths

what issue? not sure I'd trust gamestop much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Never had issues with Smyths or Gamestop. Gamestop are more expensive. But they did trade in a 1.0 Grey Switch for a 1.1 Neon Switch for 30 euro. For that I am eternally grateful. :) Gotta go Neon ! :)

Smyths cancelled the order for no reason.

• Advertisement

Interesting - I ordered around 8am and the order hasn't been cancelled. I did order the Zelda bundle version though.

I ordered the zelda bundle too.. but 2 hours earlier than you. Funny that

Cancelled the order for no reason.

Maybe contact your bank - your credit card or debit card might be out of funds - or they might be able to say why the cancellation if you can find out from gamestop.

Weird! Did you get an email confirming it?

Got 4 emails. Order acknowledgement, order processing and 2 about the cancellation, 1 of which was in the junk folder, where they all should've gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

Interesting - I ordered around 8am and the order hasn't been cancelled. I did order the Zelda bundle version though.

I ordered after 8am too and still not cancelled. I got the Mario kart bundle (Zelda bundle was sold out at that stage)

I guess currys operate in reverse... last come first served

Ordered 4 games from currys uk ebay store. Worked out 40 euro cheaper than buying on the irish store and also got an 8% off ebay code 'PRICE8', saved almost 60 euro. Feel a bit better now, if they hadn't pissed me off might have just bought the games off their irish store to get everything same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

There is a few switch lites in Argos ashbourne 1 pink I see and 1 blue one that I checked in stock there. Not sure people want the switch lite tho.

tbukela wrote: »
    I ordered from Curry's this morning at 7:29 and just got an email to say that order cancelled as it is out of stock. Glad I hadn't mentioned it to the kids.

Interesting that the time to get refunded the money is longer than the expected delivery notified earlier.

Saw this comment about currys on stockinformer website
    I have ordered a switch like others on the 7th, had the cancellation eMail and then one after to say they have stock from their supplier coming in ready for delivery within 7 days. Has anyone who ordered on the 7th with standard delivery had the dispatch email yet?

Seems its still possible they could uncancel my order. Well, ordered one elsewhere so they better not. Some fail system they have. You'd think they'd have it sorted out by now if its been happening a few weeks ago.

I guess currys operate in reverse... last come first served

My ordered ended up getting cancelled this morning but gamestop still had some in stock.

Just need to buy some games separately now

friend ordered the currys one as well and just messaged to say cancelled. shoddy carry on altogheter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Anyone had luck ordering from the official Nintendo UK store? I managed to submit an order and then they cancelled it because I had it sent to AddressPal (can't deliver it direct to Ireland). 🙄

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop have some be quick:

Grey , Neon and Animal crossing ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73274/nintendo-switch-1-1-red-blue-console

Update on this, just the grey one left now:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73198/nintendo-switch-1-1-grey-console

donal.hunt wrote: »
    Anyone had luck ordering from the official Nintendo UK store? I managed to submit an order and then they cancelled it because I had it sent to AddressPal (can't deliver it direct to Ireland). ��

Yes I got one last week to Parcel Motel, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

dan786 wrote: »
    Yes I got one last week to Parcel Motel, no issues.

Feck. Will try parcel motel next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Grey switch still in stock for home delivery with GameStop. Red/blue sold out but they had it last night. Received order confirmation and they are advertising restock so I expect it to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Ordered confirmed with GameSpot let's see :D

Secured one yesterday at Gamestop, money taken but so far has not moved from confirmed to shipped. Will wait and see.

my gamestop order has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

my gamestop order has shipped

same here. happy days!

Ah they have the full range now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Atlas_IRL wrote:

They were sold out at lunchtime :(

Surprised to see they also have the Animal Crossing console in stock!

My order from last night shipped today with An Post so that’s a quick turnaround too which I wasn’t expecting.

Switchmas in May :)

With the switches shopping, where is the best place to get games at the moment?

The PRICE8 code at currys eBay shop doesn't seem to be working any longer

tdow wrote: »
    With the switches shopping, where is the best place to get games at the moment?

The PRICE8 code at currys eBay shop doesn't seem to be working any longer

To use the code you have to register a new account on ebay.co.uk and use a uk shipping address. You can use it twice and still works for another few days

To use the code you have to register a new account on ebay.co.uk and use a uk shipping address. You can use it twice and still works for another few days

Thank you.

Was able to pick up a couple of games with the code after setting up a new account

• Advertisement

GameStop switch arrived this morning after ordering Tuesday night. Just in time for a birthday tomorrow so happy days!

GameStop switch arrived this morning after ordering Tuesday night. Just in time for a birthday tomorrow so happy days!

Pity their game prices are so high so will have the console before any games. For example can save 35 euro getting zelda and mario kart on currys uk ebay store instead. The pro controller is only 55 vs 80 at gamestop. My games from there were sent yesterday due for delivery 23rd, all in 1 parcel so just a single parcel motel fee.

Pity their game prices are so high so will have the console before any games. For example can save 35 euro getting zelda and mario kart on currys uk ebay store instead. The pro controller is only 55 vs 80 at gamestop. My games from there were sent yesterday due for delivery 23rd, all in 1 parcel so just a single parcel motel fee.

Same here - got the switch from them but click and collecting games from Curry’s physical store today because of the price hike GS seem to have. Saving €25 on the Crash and Spyro trilogies and would’ve been more if I had the time to go through eBay. Ridiculous from GameStop - probably selling a lot of switches and no add ons!

Also a bit surprised they charged a €3.50 delivery fee on a €330 purchase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

There is always this option over the pro controller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850861099.html I've ordered mine but they have yet to arrive.

I was surprised how expensive the games were on the nintendo estore. I was looking for zelda and pokemon. I might try this out

edit: ordered now, they had a 5% off offer on pokemon which stacked with the PRICE8 code so that's on the way now. 39 euro vs something mental like 70+ on the nintendo shop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement