Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pre sale codes are out and nothing earth shattering and could easily be guessed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FOB and Weezer mailing list pre sales are 10am tomorrow with Green Days mailing list at 11am (Webstore presale is 10am)

What do you mean nothing earth shattering? Tickets aren't even on sale yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DylanB85 wrote: »

Its a pretty standard code and not really a unique one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

DylanB85 wrote: »

I think he means the actual code - its the name of the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PCros wrote: »
    I think he means the actual code - its the name of the tour.

10 presale as a unique code afaik,
    11 is just a standard one

and MCD's will be standard also

Its a pretty standard code and not really a unique one

Oh really? The one I got from FOB's mailing list seems unique.

Just checked the Green Day email. Yeah, you're right sorry :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    10 presale as a unique code afaik,
    11 is just a standard one

and MCD's will be standard also

The 10am code is the pre-order album one.

19292s.jpg

could look something like this

68742397_10156810423264372_151224754815107072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQntbkoKbsR45d7jqmXTWVShkVTykJ8j21eUu1Kkz6TXIkbGDhuQjIXEiWf5gq4Vgjk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=50341d4c45046b1274b89f708a366a40&oe=5E03A750

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What are the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

19292s.jpg

could look something like this

68742397_10156810423264372_151224754815107072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQntbkoKbsR45d7jqmXTWVShkVTykJ8j21eUu1Kkz6TXIkbGDhuQjIXEiWf5gq4Vgjk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=50341d4c45046b1274b89f708a366a40&oe=5E03A750
    No under 16’s in the standing area? Is that unaccompanied by an adult or are under 16’s actuality forbidden from entering the standing area?

I ask because I’ve a 15 year old wanting to go.

No under 16’s in the standing area? Is that unaccompanied by an adult or are under 16’s actuality forbidden from entering the standing area?

I ask because I’ve a 15 year old wanting to go.

Yes they have to be over 16 to stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

PCros wrote: »
    Yes they have to be over 16 to stand.

I hear its when the stabilisers just pop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,477 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just listened to Pinkerton....I may have to revise my not being able to go to this

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Where'd ya see that? Having been in Pitch1 for Foo Fighters I'd gladly pay an extra tenner to be in there

Didn't manage to get Pitch 1 for the Foos, what was like?
    Was on pitch 2 but couldn't see much (I'm a shortie) Still had a ball though!

Definitely up for this and will try for Pitch 1 for sure! Have waited patiently since the 90s to get to chance to see Weezer live! Ek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭endainoz

I don't think a presale code would be necessary here. I'll probably go but will also wait till closer to the date. Only just recently forked out cash for EP next year so funds are a little light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Mushy wrote: »
    Just listened to Pinkerton....I may have to revise my not being able to go to this

They probably won't play anything off Pinkerton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just checked ticket prices for Seattle (closest one to me) - $216.30 for GA after all the TM fees. Good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,477 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They probably won't play anything off Pinkerton.

I know, that wouldn't bother me too much. Serious missed opportunity if El Scorcho isn't on setlist though what with the Green Day reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sheog wrote: »

Definitely up for this and will try for Pitch 1 for sure! Have waited patiently since the 90s to get to chance to see Weezer live! Ek!

Incredible. It's all personal but I wouldn't go to most gigs if I had pitch 2. You can end up so far back unless you're in early and it can really get rammed. That said, some have had great experiences.

With Pitch 1, you can stand near the back and still be super close without being enveloped in a huge crowd. It's incredibly worth it. You can move around pretty handily too.

Just checked ticket prices for Seattle (closest one to me) - $216.30 for GA after all the TM fees. Good night.

Why are American concerts so ****ing expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sheog wrote: »

Perfect, Nice and easy to get within 30 yards of the stage, with enough space to get out and back if you need a drink or toilet break. Nothin obscuring views, and decent set of fans (seeing as you were around the first 5,000 people who bought tickets so in theory all fans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

With Pitch 1, you can stand near the back and still be super close without being enveloped in a huge crowd. It's incredibly worth it. You can move around pretty handily too.

Foos didn't charge for this! Incredibly worth it? It's incredibly stupid to accept this and that's why there is an increase in this practice tbh, friend of mine is 5 foot nothing so is pretty much obligated to have to cough up for her to be able to simply see.

Foos didn't charge for this! Incredibly worth it? It's incredibly stupid to accept this and that's why there is an increase in this practice tbh, friend of mine is 5 foot nothing so is pretty much obligated to have to cough up for her to be able to simply see.

I'm not saying that I agree with the practice but where it comes down to it, I'm happy to pay a little more to be much closer. So yes, incredibly worth it.

If they were seated areas, the closer seats would cost more, so it's not wildly out of practice. I'm not going to get pitch two tickets :out of principle' or because I'd be 'stupid to accept it' because I want to be as close as I can and not be miles back unless I turn up bang on doors opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm really surprised there aren't clear prices up for the different ticket types yet...

I'm really surprised there aren't clear prices up for the different ticket types yet...

I assume its because they're going to suprise us with cheaper prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I'd imagine gold circle will be around the 100 mark.

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I'd imagine gold circle will be around the 100 mark.

Pit tickets for their show in LA were 700$......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nope a hope it'll be anywhere near that here, what was the starting price for the american shows?

Nope a hope it'll be anywhere near that here, what was the starting price for the american shows?

Standing in paris was 80 with seating 100

expect GC here to be touching that

They had tickets at $40. You're right though, circa 100 for standing I'd say here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

because I want to be as close as I can and not be miles back unless I turn up bang on doors opening.
    Not true if you wanted to be on front of stage barrier say you'd have to turn up at doors even with Gold circle, at a regular show getting up close if you want is never an issue even if you arrive before main act comes on. Seating is different you have a reserved a fixed spot with no obstructions and goes without saying...you can sit :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

wouldn't go pitch 2 again unless was a cheap/freebie near the time.

sugarman wrote: »
    They're not. They're the polar opposite.

I've paid $25 to see the likes of Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and a dozen other bands at one festival ..and same for Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God etc.. at another.

Foo Fighters with Weezer was also only $35.

I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

He saw VIP tickets.

sugarman wrote: »
    I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

I had a look at the US gigs last night, they had far more variation. Probably 20 price points. Everything from $30/$40 in the top tiers to $300 for the best seats

Gold Circle €99 + fees
    Pitch €89 +fees

in a que at the minute

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anybody manage to get any yet? Im just stuck in the queuing loop....

Also in the queue loop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Still in the queue myself

All seats €79 + fees

wheel of death :(:(

happy enough with the prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Even got kicked out.

Input again, back in queue.
    Seems, Loads of people have turned up :(

Has anyone actually secured a ticket yet? Seems like a long time to be spinning....

Use incognito tab instead. That got me in a lot quicker than the normal tab

antodeco wrote: »
    Use incognito tab instead. That got me in a lot quicker than the normal tab

Already am!

Just got mine there.

Bear in mind there is a Green Day presale at 11am and then MCD tomorrow - probably small allocations for all 3 pre sales.

2 x gold circle purchased. The main tab I had open first, is still spinning around..!

Sorted in the gold circle. Very excited.

Roll on June!

Got in, gold circle,
    YURT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got "Something went wrong" on desktop and app.
    Then tried again - 3 Gold Circle sorted! Woop!

Green Day have been one of my favorites since I was what 14 and first band I ever seen live :D:D
    Hell, I may dig out my old Warning Hoodie!!

• Advertisement

Got gold circle on the app while my desktop browser was still spinning...! Woo!

Advertisement