Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

With Pitch 1, you can stand near the back and still be super close without being enveloped in a huge crowd. It's incredibly worth it. You can move around pretty handily too.

Foos didn't charge for this! Incredibly worth it? It's incredibly stupid to accept this and that's why there is an increase in this practice tbh, friend of mine is 5 foot nothing so is pretty much obligated to have to cough up for her to be able to simply see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Foos didn't charge for this! Incredibly worth it? It's incredibly stupid to accept this and that's why there is an increase in this practice tbh, friend of mine is 5 foot nothing so is pretty much obligated to have to cough up for her to be able to simply see.

I'm not saying that I agree with the practice but where it comes down to it, I'm happy to pay a little more to be much closer. So yes, incredibly worth it.

If they were seated areas, the closer seats would cost more, so it's not wildly out of practice. I'm not going to get pitch two tickets :out of principle' or because I'd be 'stupid to accept it' because I want to be as close as I can and not be miles back unless I turn up bang on doors opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm really surprised there aren't clear prices up for the different ticket types yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm really surprised there aren't clear prices up for the different ticket types yet...

I assume its because they're going to suprise us with cheaper prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I'd imagine gold circle will be around the 100 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I'd imagine gold circle will be around the 100 mark.

Pit tickets for their show in LA were 700$......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nope a hope it'll be anywhere near that here, what was the starting price for the american shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nope a hope it'll be anywhere near that here, what was the starting price for the american shows?

Standing in paris was 80 with seating 100

expect GC here to be touching that

They had tickets at $40. You're right though, circa 100 for standing I'd say here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

because I want to be as close as I can and not be miles back unless I turn up bang on doors opening.
    Not true if you wanted to be on front of stage barrier say you'd have to turn up at doors even with Gold circle, at a regular show getting up close if you want is never an issue even if you arrive before main act comes on. Seating is different you have a reserved a fixed spot with no obstructions and goes without saying...you can sit :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

wouldn't go pitch 2 again unless was a cheap/freebie near the time.

sugarman wrote: »
    They're not. They're the polar opposite.

I've paid $25 to see the likes of Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and a dozen other bands at one festival ..and same for Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God etc.. at another.

Foo Fighters with Weezer was also only $35.

I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

He saw VIP tickets.

sugarman wrote: »
    I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

I had a look at the US gigs last night, they had far more variation. Probably 20 price points. Everything from $30/$40 in the top tiers to $300 for the best seats

Gold Circle €99 + fees
    Pitch €89 +fees

in a que at the minute

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anybody manage to get any yet? Im just stuck in the queuing loop....

Also in the queue loop...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Still in the queue myself

All seats €79 + fees

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wheel of death :(:(

happy enough with the prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Even got kicked out.

Input again, back in queue.
    Seems, Loads of people have turned up :(

Has anyone actually secured a ticket yet? Seems like a long time to be spinning....

Use incognito tab instead. That got me in a lot quicker than the normal tab

antodeco wrote: »
    Use incognito tab instead. That got me in a lot quicker than the normal tab

Already am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Just got mine there.

Bear in mind there is a Green Day presale at 11am and then MCD tomorrow - probably small allocations for all 3 pre sales.

2 x gold circle purchased. The main tab I had open first, is still spinning around..!

Sorted in the gold circle. Very excited.

Roll on June!

Got in, gold circle,
    YURT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got "Something went wrong" on desktop and app.
    Then tried again - 3 Gold Circle sorted! Woop!

Green Day have been one of my favorites since I was what 14 and first band I ever seen live :D:D
    Hell, I may dig out my old Warning Hoodie!!

• Advertisement

Got gold circle on the app while my desktop browser was still spinning...! Woo!

Advertisement