Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Didn't realise you'd created a separate thread, thanks for organising it for us! Count me in as well, PSN: Ivefoundgod87

As regards teams, i'm fine with 4.5 star teams, as others mentioned its the constant Madrid/Barca stuff that annoys me. Theres enough variety in the 4.5 star teams to keep it interesting though I'd be equally fine with limiting it to 4 stars or even lower every now and again to keep it interesting. With all of the licensed South American teams it would be good craic to play as those teams at some stage, just to make use of the licenses and different atmosphere. I'll leave it up to yourself, you seem to have it sussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger
    7. Walter.White
    8. Cienciano
    9. Luckycharms_74
    10. az1234
    11. Ivefoundgod

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Let's do this!

PSN: Stephen_Mc91

Boards League Sign-up

| Boards | PSN
    1. | Colemania | Colemaniser
    2. | IncognitoMan | DuffyTJ
    3. | Exclamation Marc | ManufacturedHero
    4. | ziggyman17 | BAZ171075
    5. | brianregan09 | brianregan09
    6. | Koolhanger | Bijilf
    7. | Walter.White | DamoK21
    8. | Cienciano | meath77
    9. | Luckycharms_74 | nslattery
    10. | az1234 | az1234
    11. | Ivefoundgod | Ivefoundgod87
    12. | Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

PSN: DuffyTJ

• Advertisement

PSN: DuffyTJ

Thanks, added it to the above table

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It wouldn't be a proper league if there wasn't at least one whipping boy so I'll join in if that's okay. Always wanted to be a part of an online league like this and sure hey, who knows, I l might even improve!! :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a proper league if there wasn't at least one whipping boy so I'll join in if that's okay. Always wanted to be a part of an online league like this and sure hey, who knows, I l might even improve!! :pac:

Good man. To be honest I don't know the standard of anyone here so should be interesting! What's your PSN?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    Good man. To be honest I don't know that standard of anyone here so should be interesting! What's your PSN?

Wilberto99

Boards League Sign-up

| Boards | PSN
    6. | Koolhanger | Bijilf
    8. | Cienciano | meath77
    10. | az1234 | az1234
    13. | Wilberto | Wilberto99

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Good man. To be honest I don't know the standard of anyone here so should be interesting! What's your PSN?

Not at a great standard myself. Hovering around division 4/5/6 for most of the year. Although a lot of that is down to me always tinkering with tactics and formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Count me in psn:Kenneth192

Boards League Sign-up

| Boards | PSN
    6. | Koolhanger | Bijilf
    8. | Cienciano | meath77
    10. | az1234 | az1234
    13. | Wilberto | Wilberto99
    14. | KennyG192 | Kenneth192

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be honest I think it would be easier if we got a team at the start and stuck with it because your avoiding people complaining that they had to face a much harder team than the person last week had to etc....

Makes things easier , possibly 3 games a week would be well achieveable for everyone aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be honest I think it would be easier if we got a team at the start and stuck with it because your avoiding people complaining that they had to face a much harder team than the person last week had to etc....

Makes things easier , possibly 3 games a week would be well achieveable for everyone aswell

That works if you get to pick a team. If you're assigned a team and you're stuck with it all season, people will lose interest and start forfeiting.

That works if you get to pick a team. If you're assigned a team and you're stuck with it all season, people will lose interest and start forfeiting.

Nobody's getting assigned a team, everyone will get to pick their team. The order of picks will be chosen by a random generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It depends on the person, not a hope I'd make 3 games a week. It's not just the time to load up the game and playing someone. You need to organise a time be online at the same time as your opponent.

Cienciano wrote: »
    It depends on the person, not a hope I'd make 3 games a week. It's not just the time to load up the game and playing someone. You need to organise a time be online at the same time as your opponent.

They do 2-3 games a week in the fifa league with similar numbers and people generally have a backlog of games to play but they do catch up. Usually the failure to play games rests on one party not responding to messages and what not.

I'll be setting up a group message thread on ps4 for people to declare when they're online and available to play. I'd advise that we all add everyone participating in the league for ease of messaging and knowing when they're online for games.

A week until release! Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I was just basing my suggestions of years of competing and I use that work loosely haha in the fifa leagues

Ok lads, looks like we have our final numbers for the league. I'm going to do the random generator tonight to see the order of picks so ye can start thinking of teams in advance. Basically any team except Madrid, Barca and maybe United as I've a feeling they could be borderline 5 star when Ibrahimovic is added to the team.

So we're going to do a 4.5 star league. If someone has a favoured team that's less than 4.5 stars, then go ahead and pick them.

Anyone that joins after today will be assigned last pick out of fairness for all of yourselves who have signed up in advance.

Once the order is randomly selected, I'll post it here with a rearranged table showing the order of picks. If anyone wishes to send me on a provisional top 3 picks by PM in order or preference, I can update the table with the highest available preference when it comes to your pick.

I won't ask ye to pick teams until around Sunday night just to give people a chance to look at the teams and what not. If people want more time to think about it, that's no problem. Just let me know here

Any comments or questions on the above, fire away! Thanks!

• Advertisement

I may not have the game until Monday but I'll try to be as quick as I can picking a team as soon as I do get it. :)

I may not have the game until Monday but I'll try to be as quick as I can picking a team as soon as I do get it. :)

No problem. Is there anyone else not getting the game this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Great stuff, Colemania :)

Is there any good source online that lists the 4.5 star teams for the upcoming game?

Don't worry, I will google it too. But just in case any of you know of one offhand :)

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Great stuff, Colemania :)

Is there any good source online that lists the 4.5 star teams for the upcoming game?

Don't worry, I will google it too. But just in case any of you know of one offhand :)

http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/

Seems to be a decent one. Bases it off all new player ratings but last year's squads as the live update won't happen until Thursday.

Now don't take this as gospel but just by looking at the teams in the demo, Barca are 5 stars. On the site above, Barca are 84 rated and i think there are teams that are 83 rated on pes master and 4.5 stars. So let's say 82 or 83 is 4.5 stars for arguments sake.

By this theory, losing neymar could possibly drop barca to 4.5 star and gaining Lukaku and Matic could bring United to 4 star as they're 83 rated.

This is all guesswork on my behalf but it might give you an idea

Edit: From looking at PES 2017 stats, it does appear to be 84 and above is 5 stars meaning 83 is 4.5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Great stuff, makes sense :)

I'll take a look. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I heard Huddersfield are amazing in this new game.

So we are saying no Man Utd?

So we are saying no Man Utd?

I think to be on the safe side yes. Also, Lukaku and Ibrahimovic up front rated 87 and 90 respectively with 88 rated Pogba behind them is a bit overpowered!

Now don't take this as gospel but just by looking at the teams in the demo, Barca are 5 stars. On the site above, Barca are 84 rated and i think there are teams that are 83 rated on pes master and 4.5 stars. So let's say 82 or 83 is 4.5 stars for arguments sake.

By this theory, losing neymar could possibly drop barca to 4.5 star and gaining Lukaku and Matic could bring United to 4 star as they're 83 rated.

I don't think there's any chance of Barca being dropped to 4.5 starts. Sure they're like the face of Pro Evo now. They have to be a 5 start team. Anything else would be just pure madness. Madness I tell you!!

Just my own thoughts!

:pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

I think to be on the safe side yes. Also, Lukaku and Ibrahimovic up front rated 87 and 90 respectively with 88 rated Pogba behind them is a bit overpowered!

I don't know. Whatever about the two Spanish sides, but I think pulling United out is a bit much.

I mean why not Man City, Chelsea or PSG as well? You could make the same case for those. In fact they might even have better balanced squads.

Advertisement