Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think all 16 in a league would be better. Assume we play each other once? 16 weeks. I've never done this before, but would be nice to see where you finished overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think all 16 in a league would be better. Assume we play each other once? 16 weeks. I've never done this before, but would be nice to see where you finished overall

So many permutations! My original suggestion was for everyone to play each other once and at the halfway point, we can suggest playing home and away matches, so 30 in total.

The Koolhanger suggestion would be to split it up and then go into knockouts. If we're not doing that now, I'd be open to doing that at some stage. Top 3 from each group going to last 16. 4th place in each group plays the winners of the qualifiers, ie the bottom 4 playoff. E.g. 4th in group A plays playoff winner of group B and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I'm definitely up for whatever the group decide to do.

Just to explain why I feel 2 x 8 player groups would be good - mainly because you only need to finish in the top half of your group to make the knockout stages. So, it should keep lads interested for longer as they will have something to play for right up until the end. I'd be afraid that if you're outside of the top 6 in a league of 16 you'd lose interest pretty quickly.

Just my thoughts on it :)

As I said, definitely will be delighted to go with whatever we all decide. Maybe there are some other ideas either?

If we get a few options together we can do a poll. I don't think anyone feels to strongly about it, as long as we get a few online games and some sort of format. I think picking teams will be the most interesting bit. I assume we need the first update to see what the final 4.5 star teams will be.

If we get a few options together we can do a poll. I don't think anyone feels to strongly about it, as long as we get a few online games and some sort of format. I think picking teams will be the most interesting bit. I assume we need the first update to see what the final 4.5 star teams will be.

The update is live now and I can confirm that just Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid are 5 star so it's a free for all from the remaining teams. From my calculations, United just missed out on 5 stars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think 2 leagues of 8 is a great way to go , Keeps up the excitement and having maybe top 2 from each going through to semi's would be the way to go , at least then if you have a drop out it isn't massivley impacting a league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Colemania wrote: »
    The update is live now and I can confirm that just Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid are 5 star so it's a free for all from the remaining teams. From my calculations, United just missed out on 5 stars!

Are PSG not closer than United?

Surprised at Juve to be honest. Their squad is great but its a level below Real and Barca.

Oh yeah, I think the 2x 8 team league is a great idea to keep interest going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2x8 may work better as it'll be short and sweet so interest can be retained. If the league is too long, people will fall out of interest or fall behind and it could distort it. I like the idea of the knockouts of the top four from each.

Plus, nothing wrong with a second league after :)

Ok looks like the 2 groups are favoured!

Next thing is, will I randomise again for the 2 groups? I know it could put some of the stronger teams in the same group like PSG and United but sure we don't know how good anyone in this league is so mightn't be an issue

• Advertisement

Fairly out of date line ups. Rooney at United, no lukaku. Neymar and mbappe not at psg

Ok looks like the 2 groups are favoured!

Next thing is, will I randomise again for the 2 groups? I know it could put some of the stronger teams in the same group like PSG and United but sure we don't know how good anyone in this league is so mightn't be an issue

First person to pick is in group A, second person to pick is in group B, third person to pick goes into group A and so on.

That should give us two fairly even groups, teams wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First person to pick is in group A, second person to pick is in group B, third person to pick goes into group A and so on.

That should give us two fairly even groups, teams wise.

Makes the most sense!

Fairly out of date line ups. Rooney at United, no lukaku. Neymar and mbappe not at psg

Are you sure you did the apply live update option on the main screen? One of the lads I know checked it a few hours ago and they were up to date

Yep, all transfers up-to-date on mine. Just waiting on the PES Universe option file now for team names and kits etc.

Are you sure you did the apply live update option on the main screen? One of the lads I know checked it a few hours ago and they were up to date

Ok, had a look after the live update, didn't know what i was at. Your mate is right, lukaku is at United so is zlatan. neymar at psg so is mbappe, but latter is only 80. Both 4.5 teams that look good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm surprised to hear that PSG are 4.5 stars, especially when Juventus are 5.

So does everyone here have the game now? If not, just let me know when you think you'll get it. I'm starting picks on Monday anyway so if you don't have it, you'll just have to look up the stats online or just pick a team of your choice.

I had a look last night at how the matches will work and I'll make this clearer when the league starts. Basically we have to play matches in the match lobbies and the host will have to make the settings. 12 minutes should be the match time I think, 10 minutes is default but a small bit on the short side. Also, all teams will have their form updated weekly with the live update so for example, Mane had very bad form last night in my game because of the red last weekend.

Think about the best squad for your pick rather than the best 11

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

So does everyone here have the game now? If not, just let me know when you think you'll get it. I'm starting picks on Monday anyway so if you don't have it, you'll just have to look up the stats online or just pick a team of your choice.

I had a look last night at how the matches will work and I'll make this clearer when the league starts. Basically we have to play matches in the match lobbies and the host will have to make the settings. 12 minutes should be the match time I think, 10 minutes is default but a small bit on the short side. Also, all teams will have their form updated weekly with the live update so for example, Mane had very bad form last night in my game because of the red last weekend.

Think about the best squad for your pick rather than the best 11
    I only got the game last night so I'll let you know my pick by tomorrow.

I was looking through some teams last night and thought Torino looked pretty good but having played a game with them, they've only got a first 11 like you say!

az1234 wrote: »

I was looking through some teams last night and thought Torino looked pretty good but having played a game with them, they've only got a first 11 like you say!

Ah no you have until Monday so take your time!

• Advertisement

Ah no you have until Monday so take your time!
    I've narrowed it down to 2 teams so I'll have decided by tomorrow anyway!

I've narrowed it down to 2 teams so I'll have decided by tomorrow anyway!

Also, you do realise it's 4.5 stars so there's probably better teams out there like.......everyone except Madrid, Barca and Juventus :D

And you're first pick :P

So it's a 4.5 star team?

After a few games yesterday it's hard to look past Man-U, PSG and Chelsea.

Mine is in a parcel motel locker right now. I'll be picking it up after college.

Id say I'll know which sides I want by this evening.

So it's a 4.5 star team?

After a few games yesterday it's hard to look past Man-U, PSG and Chelsea.

Absolutely any team you like 4.5 stars and under. If you want a challenge and fancy a certain 4 star team, pick them. Sure I might pick Burton albion myself :pac:

Absolutely any team you like 4.5 stars and under. If you want a challenge and fancy a certain 4 star team, pick them. Sure I might pick Burton albion myself :pac:

Maybe if we do a second league we should give whoever finished last the first pick. Sort of reverse seeding. I'm fairly shít, so I'll be going for a 4.5 star team. Spurs and Man City might be worth a look. I couldn't find Bayern Munich, should be decent too.

Maybe if we do a second league we should give whoever finished last the first pick. Sort of reverse seeding. I'm fairly shít, so I'll be going for a 4.5 star team. Spurs and Man City might be worth a look. I couldn't find Bayern Munich, should be decent too.

That's the plan! Probably a chance we'll lose a few heads and gain some so unfortunately newcomers may have to pick last or I might put them smack bang in the middle of the picks, whatever people think is fairest

We'll worry about that when it happens. So form online is automatically sorted by the live update?

Also, you do realise it's 4.5 stars so there's probably better teams out there like.......everyone except Madrid, Barca and Juventus :D

And you're first pick :P
    Ah I know, I just prefer not playing as the top teams!

• Advertisement

A man after my own heart, az1234 :)

I only really play Online Divisions but I won't use the top teams.

I still use good teams like Dortmund, Liverpool, Napoli etc but it's way more interesting. I had one spell where I couldn't be beaten with Southampton! But then I was :(

Advertisement