Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sSmidge wrote: »
    I've been home from work since 5 and I've found 3 games in the past 5 hours. In all of them my team mates have had no thumbs.
    Have had one match each now in Halo 2 and 3.

The 2 anniversary game looks and plays great. Shame you have to wait an hour to play one.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sSmidge

Hopefully 343 get their act together and it's fixed by the time I get home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Is there a option for Co op campaign any one know and match making is a disaster so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Multiple patches on the way this afternoon, hopefully fixes matchmaking issues.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will be evening before I'm anywhere near it today so hopefully it's all up to scratch after those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Was really looking forward to playing online yesterday evening , game took 6 hours to install and the matchmaking was broken anyway so didn't even get to play it.

Very disappointing for such a big release day. Hopefully will be able to play a little this evening but not holding my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Anyone else still having issues with multi player matchmaking

It got a little better lastnight, managed to get 3 games in a row pretty easily but then back to infinite searching after that.

More fixes on the way today after Xbox Live issues resolve apparently

When it works, this game is brilliant. Really hope they fix the issues quickly.

maximoose wrote: »
    It got a little better lastnight, managed to get 3 games in a row pretty easily but then back to infinite searching after that.

More fixes on the way today after Xbox Live issues resolve apparently

When it works, this game is brilliant. Really hope they fix the issues quickly.

Source??

• Advertisement

Tweeted at 3am this morning
    As soon as Xbox Live services return to normal, we'll deploy our latest server update to further improve matchmaking

http://bit.ly/11eRtP0

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

XBL has the all clear now but I still can't get a match.

I finally got a game of team slayer there and afterwards it kept the lobby together. First time that has happened.The following match lagged out midway through though.

Seems it is finding matches now, I just have to wait for ages.

Was at Interstellar last night, but hoping this is going to be fixed by the time I get near the Xbox later tonight.

Not particularly hopeful at this point!

If it's still borked, is there enough of us for some custom games?

Or I'm up for some coop campaign!

Playing footy tonight so won't be on till much later.

Anyone can add me as a friend - Dades - I'll be around another night.

I'll play customs whenever. My GT is xX Smidgeee Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

just tried to get a game of SWAT there and after 10 minutes of me being the only person in the roster, I just switched off. I should be on later tonight with another buddy around 10pm if someone wants to try some custom games. GT: Sharperkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Is everybody still not having much joy finding matches? Such a shame really. :(

madcabbage wrote: »
    Is everybody still not having much joy finding matches? Such a shame really. :(

I got some last night. I've been trying since 5pm today and no luck. This is a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Update nearly downloaded. GT for customs: iii Stevo iii

Been searching now for 20 minutes and nothing so far... clearly whatever the issue is, hasnt been resolved yet.

OK... left in matchmaking for big team battle and it eventually found a game... dont know how long cos I was watching TV and just flicked over randomly to find myself in a game. Its pretty appalling...

This linky here says
    Lastly, back-end data is showing that the majority of successful Matchmaking matches are found within 2-4 minutes of searching. When searching, if you do not find a match within 5 minutes, please return to lobby and restart the search, as this will reset the search parameters and increase the likelihood of finding a match within the aforementioned range.

Jaysus... really... wait 5 minutes and then start all over again.... WTF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was playing earlier and I got a few games no problem!

I was playing Halo 4 online, honestly, didn't like the single player much but the multiplayer is admittedly pretty tight.

Bit more 'serious' feeling than Bungie's titles though, if that makes sense.

well... i've given up. spent about an hour looking for games and only got one, which turned out to be a H2 map. I'm off to play some Destiny. Will try again tomorrow, but a bit disappointed.

Just managed to get into a team slayer on Lockout. Great stuff altogether. Might have been lucky though...

Imagine a world when you could just enter a lobby and get a game straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

If theres customs going im up for some GT: Nerobear

11.13 1:28PM Update
    We are aware that while some users are reporting improved Matchmaking experiences, many users have not seen an improvement. As a result, we are temporarily moving to a limited playlist layout that will allow for players to find games faster.
    We’ll temporarily be removing the following playlists:
    Team Hardcore
    Rumble Pit
    Halo 4
    SWAT (rotational)
    The updated playlist layout will be:
    Team Halo 2: Anniversary
    Halo Championship Series
    Team Slayer
    Big Team Battle
    Halo 2 Classic
    Halo 3
    This concentrated playlist layout will allow players to get into matches faster, and improve overall match times. While we anticipate that concentrating our players into fewer playlists will have an effect on match times, it will not solve all Matchmaking issues. We are currently investigating CUs and server side tweaks over the next week to address matchmaking issues. To read more, see our latest update here: Additionally, we have a Content Update going live tomorrow that will address fixes for scoring and stats. This update does not include in-progress Matchmaking fixes, outside of a minor fix for team skill matching. The patch notes from this update will be posted tomorrow morning when the update goes live. For more info, see the latest update from the team: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/11-13-update/10e177f9-50ce-4c73-95bf-bbadd2cc6fe7/posts
    Lastly, back-end data is showing that the majority of successful Matchmaking matches are found within 2-4 minutes of searching. When searching, if you do not find a match within 5 minutes, please return to lobby and restart the search, as this will reset the search parameters and increase the likelihood of finding a match within the aforementioned range.
    Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to post regular updates as we work to deliver fixes.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

Seems to be working a fair bit better now that the playlists have been reduced.

Thanks Mickeroo.... Doesnt seem to make a blind bit of difference to me. I see the restricted playlist, but stays on the "Searching" screen forever (>10 mins) and doesnt find any players. NAT is open and tried a few xbox resets. I dunno. Will try again tomorrow...

• Advertisement

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Thanks Mickeroo.... Doesnt seem to make a blind bit of difference to me. I see the restricted playlist, but stays on the "Searching" screen forever (>10 mins) and doesnt find any players. NAT is open and tried a few xbox resets. I dunno. Will try again tomorrow...

I jumped the gun a bit saying it improved, I got two matches of BTB in quick succession but then nothing for the next hour.

Advertisement