Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Garmin speed/cadence sensor

Options
  • 30-01-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I recently changed over from a Garmin 500 to a Garmin 520 with no issues. I wear a heart rate strap and had no problem syncing it with my new Garmin. I have a Garmin speed/cadence sensor on my winter bike which I use indoors depending on the weather and it worked fine paired with the 500. However i cannot pair it with the Garmin 520, I have changed the battery on the unit on the arm and the light comes on each time I start and I have also changed the magnet on the spoke. When I turn on the 520 now and attempt to add the sensor (speed/cadence) the unit does not pick up the sensor.
    Is there something that I am missing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is the 500 turned on? If sensors are latched to one device another won't pair with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

i take it with the 520 you got new sensors?..the older sensors wont pair with the new 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

i take it with the 520 you got new sensors?..the older sensors wont pair with the new 520.

Why not, I've told Garmin sensors paired to my 1030.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

ED E wrote: »
    Is the 500 turned on? If sensors are latched to one device another won't pair with them.

I sold the 500 and un-pairedthe sensors with it before it was gone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Huh?
    The cadence and speed sensors are compatible with a load of Garmin devices
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/146897#devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

My heart rate sensor paired with the 520 - no problems but not the speed/cadence sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I know the older gsc10 sensors have a small button in them that you need to press when pairing for the first time(I think that’s what it’s for anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Huh?
    The cadence and speed sensors are compatible with a load of Garmin devices
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/146897#devices

apologies if the information i gave was incorrect..i couldnt get my old speed and cadence senor to pair with the 520 when i bought it..i just took it for granted you needed the newer sensors with the new device.:o

Advertisement