Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin GSC10 Not Pairing

Options
  • 03-10-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

As a last resort, I'll ask the question here in case one of you geniuses has a solution.

My GSC10 won't pair. It was fine last week. I cleaned the bike at the weekend as I do most weekends. I rolled out the drive yesterday to work and noticed no cadence data. GPS had obviously stepped in and looked after the speed.

When I got home that evening I changed the battery. When I press the reset button I get the red/green blink and I also get the red blink as the crank magnet passes and the green blink as the speed magnet passes but no data on the Edge 520.

So I Googled it. I deleted the sensor and attempted to pair it again. Nada.

I removed the sensor from the bike, cleaned it, put the battery in backwards, left the unit in the hot press. Still nothing. I don't think it's a problem with the 520 as it picks up my HRM and the two magnetless sensors on the other bike. So it appears that the sensor is doing everything it should except transmitting via ANT+.

I reckon it's for the bin but thought I'd ask here before I spend more money and incur the wrath of the minister for finance and entertainment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

crosstownk wrote: »
    As a last resort, I'll ask the question here in case one of you geniuses has a solution.

My GSC10 won't pair. It was fine last week. I cleaned the bike at the weekend as I do most weekends. I rolled out the drive yesterday to work and noticed no cadence data. GPS had obviously stepped in and looked after the speed.

When I got home that evening I changed the battery. When I press the reset button I get the red/green blink and I also get the red blink as the crank magnet passes and the green blink as the speed magnet passes but no data on the Edge 520.

So I Googled it. I deleted the sensor and attempted to pair it again. Nada.

I removed the sensor from the bike, cleaned it, put the battery in backwards, left the unit in the hot press. Still nothing. I don't think it's a problem with the 520 as it picks up my HRM and the two magnetless sensors on the other bike. So it appears that the sensor is doing everything it should except transmitting via ANT+.

I reckon it's for the bin but thought I'd ask here before I spend more money and incur the wrath of the minister for finance and entertainment.

I have had 2 GSC10 fail over the years (about 10) and went through all the steps you have listed (did one more time today, so the bin is waiting for them now!!) ... On one, both LED's still flash, but no signal to any head unit .. the other is totally dead, even when new battery inserted ... my 3rd is still working (fingers crossed) ... May be looking for alternative brand for next replacement, as I don't like the bulkyness of the newer pod versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

When your pairing you should press the button on the gsc10 unit... then go to pair mode on the garmin, then spin the cranks. (Not sure if you tried the last bit... you probably did tho!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks, lads. Yep I tried everything so I reckon it's for the bin now. I might get the magnetless ones that I have on the other bike. They're a little neater looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

Yeah, mine moved from the spares drawer to the bin an hour ago ... Thanks for confirming and good notes for anyone who has issues with there in the future .. I think you covered every option ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just to follow up on this.

My Edge 520 updated to version 12.3 recently and I read that there was something in the update that fixed a problem that caused some third party apps preventing connection to sensors. That was back in November. Since then it's moved on to version 12.5.

Today, while rooting through my spare parts box, I came across the GSC10. I fired up the 520 and it paired with the GSC10 and is now working perfectly.

Maybe it had something to with update or maybe it was just that I left it lying for months - I don't really know - but it's working fine now.

Weird.

• Advertisement
Advertisement