Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

some big plays as lion trolling the void!

Two voids in a row with Mask of Madness, we were lucky ....

and you caught that at the end on the river xD thats what happens when you chase a lion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Am i the only person who didnt get any invite :(

Spunge wrote: »
    Xyo wrote: »
    ive two invites if anyone hasn't gotten one yet.

Ask Xyo if he would be so kind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

That money was just resting in my account! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Spunge wrote: »

Post your steam name and i'll abra kedabra you an invite.

• Advertisement

Oh, that would be awesome.

Here's my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972171572

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Xyo, I would really appreciate it aswell if you have a spare invite after Spunge. Long time Dota player and disappointed I wasn't invited in :(

Dmurphytf2 is my steam name.

Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamemurphy

Would be nice if we could get 5 tonight.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Would be nice if we could get 5 tonight.

Indeed it would!

I liked the emphasis we had on pushing when we won a teamfight. No ****ing around letting the void get back into the games we played & won!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Any chance I could grab a key if they are going? Starting to get a bit sick of LoL.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cunningalias

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

was gonna ask for my friend as well but i suppose boardsies are more important :D
    Two voids in a row with Mask of Madness, we were lucky ....

and you caught that at the end on the river xD thats what happens when you chase a lion :pac:
    I think it probably has it in it's recommended items. :S

Ya had a great laugh lads. That ****ing Zeus pissed me off! At least I recovered some big arrow shots! :D

Funniest thing for me was the two shot on a lvl 23 hero..just the shock of it! Some good support in both games bear and some big plays as lion trolling the void! Sorry about the conn crashes, ****ing eircom!

'huge arrow lads' lmao

i was just shouting away when that happened, must have sounded ridiculous as i turned around and my gf was rolling her eyes and facepalming :pac:

3d3696f4-2462-477f-befb-97490063b516.png

I am getting nothing done at work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you forgot to add 'he just stays mid, all he does is say mid, he hasnt left mid all game, he is just always mid' :pac:

So so so so mad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone still playing this? After sinking 26 hours into this and I can firmly say that this game won't live up to expectations that Valve think it will. Had a game with a Russian in mid, didnt call mias and Lina got fed. GG and have to alt tab for 20 minutes, ****ing pointless. Really IceFrog has got to understand that Dota isn't the flawless gem that he thinks he's created this game has major flaws which will prove it's demise in the market when its released.

things like conceding etc will be implemented. sure it's not even open beta yet and they still have placemarkers on the gui, it's not even nearly done imo.

things like conceding etc will be implemented. sure it's not even open beta yet and they still have placemarkers on the gui, it's not even nearly done imo.

+1 very early days

I am having a blast, but yes it still is early days ... only around 65 of the 104 heroes have been added far

Even in the solo queue, the recipe for success is .... Juggernaut !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone still playing this? After sinking 26 hours into this and I can firmly say that this game won't live up to expectations that Valve think it will. Had a game with a Russian in mid, didnt call mias and Lina got fed. GG and have to alt tab for 20 minutes, ****ing pointless. Really IceFrog has got to understand that Dota isn't the flawless gem that he thinks he's created this game has major flaws which will prove it's demise in the market when its released.

Sounds like some standard Dota rage to me. :pac:

From reading the dev forums it doesn't look like concede will be implemented (i think, sorta hard to read 74 pages). The fact is the devs are a bunch of c*nts who think they are gods gift to game design, some of the awful excuses they are coming out about features that SHOULD be implemented is just pathetic ie why can;t you see a enemies Mana Bar. This attitude more then anything will see this game fail. They are firmly stuck up their own asses when it comes to change.

• Advertisement

it doesn't look like concede will be implemented
    why can;t you see a enemies Mana Bar.

The two examples you have given are a matter of preference, Is their games where you can see the winner after the first 20 minutes ? Certainly

But I have played too many games now where we are six towers down and our carry has his battlefury and turns it around, its what happens when two different meta games clash ( push and rice )

My opinion, Yes I think they should add a concede function, but it should not be available until 30 minutes and also you should require a unanimous decision ( perhaps that it can drop to 4 out of 5 when for example if you lose some rax ). I don't doubt their will be trolls, but no matter how many outer towers you lose, if you don't lose a rax, one good team fight can turn it all around.

The mana bars is tricky, but I found I have gotten used to just clicking on the enemies to check their mana again, which you should be doing anyways to check their items. and it rewards players for knowing for example, does Tiny have enough for his combo ? Can pudge hook and ult me ?

From reading the dev forums it doesn't look like concede will be implemented (i think, sorta hard to read 74 pages). The fact is the devs are a bunch of c*nts who think they are gods gift to game design, some of the awful excuses they are coming out about features that SHOULD be implemented is just pathetic ie why can;t you see a enemies Mana Bar. This attitude more then anything will see this game fail. They are firmly stuck up their own asses when it comes to change.

I'd say they aren't putting concede in the beta so games last longer so people can find bugs (which is kind of the point of the beta right?).

Also, if you think the Dota 2 devs are against change then surely that would lead to them putting in concede in the future since it's in Dota 1?

You seem to have a lot of rage towards this beta judging from your last few posts. It's a development process, I'd say when it gets to release it'll have features like concede in - just gotta give it some time or maybe sit out the beta if the interface design isn't at a level you're happy playing with.

I'm pretty happy with concede not being in at the moment to be honest anyway. I've been in loads of games where team mates have given up early on and we've managed to make comebacks due to team composition with stronger lategame/better map awareness grinding an advantage back over time/etc. Had a game earlier where we were losing 25-5 on kills and 3 towers down 25 minutes in and we managed to come back and win despite half the team already moaning about how it was gg and we should afk in the fountain.

on the point of conceding, even if they dont want it now, people wont play if they dont have something as important tbh. it would force them to have it if they want any hon or lol players etc.

torn about mana bars myself!

btw here are some good commands for you guys!

dota_force_right_click_deny 1 - allows you to deny allied creeps without pressing the A button. I didn't think this was a big deal at first, but having used it in a couple of games I find it much more comfortable than tapping A every time I want to deny a creep, particularly as a support player.
    dota_minimap_hero_size 700 - will make the size of the hero dot on the minimap as big as you want. Default = 600.
    dota_disable_range_finder 0 - by default you only see the range of spells when you hover your mouse on the spell icon. With this set to 0 it will show you the range when you actually click to use the spell on someone. Default = 1.
    dota_always_show_player_names - 0 will disable, 1 will enable player name on top of health bars. Default = 0.
    dota_hud_healthbars - 1 will make your health smoother without the lines you see on health bars (the blocks in the health that divides at around 200 life per block). 3 will enable it back on and 0 will make all health bars disappear, the others do nothing apparently. Default = 3.
    dota_unit_use_player_color - As the command suggests, it colors it player either individually or an unified color by team. 1 Enables individual colors, 0 Team color. Default = 1.
    dota_player_units_auto_attack - This is in the settings, but I find it too darn useful. 0 Will stop auto-attacking and only attacks IF you click to attack, whereas 1 will auto-attack at all possible times. Default = 1.
    ~

EDIT: More commands,
    dota_camera_accelerate 49 - This will make the camera stop exactly where you want it, 0 will make you unable to move your camera. Thanks uw_NB and Pyros.
    dota_health_per_vertical_marker 200 - This will determine how much health you wish to divide the vertical lines by. In the demonstration value it will draw a line each 200 health, but you can choose your own value.
    tv_nochat 1 - Disable spectator chat, which can really be annoying some times. Thanks Shabazza
    ~

Opposing team color combination:
    The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:
    R, G, B all set to 0: Black
    R, G, B all set to 1: White
    R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
    R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
    R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
    R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
    R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
    R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue
    The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.
    ~

To change Avatar:
    Get into a practice game with bots and type one of the following command in console and then leave the match:
    dota_set_avatar 0 - Default
    dota_set_avatar 1 - Crystal Maiden
    dota_set_avatar 2 - Kunkka
    dota_set_avatar 3 - Faceless Void
    dota_set_avatar 4 - Furion
    dota_set_avatar 5 - Yurnero
    dota_set_avatar 6 - Bloodseeker
    dota_set_avatar 7 - Lich
    dota_set_avatar 8 - Axe
    dota_set_avatar 9 - Pudge
    dota_set_avatar 10 - Puck

N’aix, the Lifestealer joins us in today’s update. He’s the one hero capable of hiding inside your own allied heroes and jumping out for a big surprise! In this update you will find various bug fixes, including the infinite wild axes. that some of you couldn’t resist using while we were gone. We have also made a change that should resolve a lot of the visual bugs and crashes that happen when running fullscreen (and especially when alt-tabbing).

For our international testers, we have added IME support for better text input handling. Please let us know how this is working. We are also ramping up our leaver detection sensitivity, which results in leavers being temporarily placed in a separate matchmaking pool.

If you haven’t signed up for Dota 2 yet, its not too late! We are continuing to send invitations out each day at an increasing pace. You need to have a Steam account first and then fill out this survey.

todays update...here is the old bug :p

The two examples you have given are a matter of preference, Is their games where you can see the winner after the first 20 minutes ? Certainly

But I have played too many games now where we are six towers down and our carry has his battlefury and turns it around, its what happens when two different meta games clash ( push and rice )

My opinion, Yes I think they should add a concede function, but it should not be available until 30 minutes and also you should require a unanimous decision ( perhaps that it can drop to 4 out of 5 when for example if you lose some rax ). I don't doubt their will be trolls, but no matter how many outer towers you lose, if you don't lose a rax, one good team fight can turn it all around.

The mana bars is tricky, but I found I have gotten used to just clicking on the enemies to check their mana again, which you should be doing anyways to check their items. and it rewards players for knowing for example, does Tiny have enough for his combo ? Can pudge hook and ult me ?

Everyone thinks though that conceding is just when you think all hope is lost there have been situation where I just can't endure playing a game when people on my team are feeding and im generally pissed off with the people im forced to play with. People say that it's going to cause a spam of concede well yeah only if a player wants to concede generally there's a reason why people are voting Yes on concede they want to end this game and move on. All they have to do is adopt a straight forward approach like HoN did with their system and you'd be fine having to deal with these 50 minute snooze fest games is just way too awful these days.

Mana bars come you can't say this is just stubbornness on the Dev team, why should I have to click on someone to view their mana in the first place and remove control from my character? How come I get to see their health bar without clicking their character but not their mana? Anyone who thinks this is what separates this game from being "Pro" is just kidding themselves it's simply bad design in both UI terms and Game designs. Why is the game encouraging you to move control away from your character while you click around people?

It's something standard in nearly every game of this type that involves these sort of avatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

A friend sent me an invite the other night!

I was so excited. Downloaded the client straight away only to find out its a PC only thing and Mac users can't play it :(

Everyone thinks though that conceding is just when you think all hope is lost there have been situation where I just can't endure playing a game when people on my team are feeding and im generally pissed off with the people im forced to play with.

Leave the game then if you can't endure it. I've been in games with people with your mindset conceding after 20 minutes and moaning about their team not conceding and it's far more irritating than the entire issue of concede not being in the game. :pac:
    People say that it's going to cause a spam of concede well yeah only if a player wants to concede generally there's a reason why people are voting Yes on concede they want to end this game and move on. All they have to do is adopt a straight forward approach like HoN did with their system and you'd be fine having to deal with these 50 minute snooze fest games is just way too awful these days.

Generally if a game is a stomp it'll be over well before 50 minutes. If it's a 50 minute game the losing team is probably doing at least an alright job of pulling it back. Again this is not an argument for when conceding would be a good thing.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Leave the game then if you can't endure it. I've been in games with people with your mindset conceding after 20 minutes and moaning about their team not conceding and it's far more irritating than the entire issue of concede not being in the game. :pac:

Generally if a game is a stomp it'll be over well before 50 minutes. If it's a 50 minute game the losing team is probably doing at least an alright job of pulling it back. Again this is not an argument for when conceding would be a good thing.

Why should I be punished for other peoples incompetence? If im in a game with 4 friends and a random who is driving us nuts we have every right to say we'v had enough and want to move to the next game and initiate a concede vote. It's a fairly basic concept I don't see how it's being made out to be as controversial as some people feel it is.

And generally ALL my games have lasted 40 to 50 minutes on average and that's probably under cutting it by a lot. Even one sided games will take forever to finish as teams rice away.

Dreddybajs wrote: »

While i agree that there is a big issue of people conceding early at even the remote chance of a resulting loss, but its really a necessary evil rather than having games where half the players are afk for most of it.

• Advertisement

I'll be up for a few today gents when I get back from work in an hour or so, wanna try get 5 from boards?

Advertisement