Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Volthar wrote: »
    This was a bizarre suggestion by the Garda. If we follow this advise we can easily clog their phone lines and break the system! Potentially putting someone else in harms way.

999 can take up to 100’s of calls at anyone time which would be more than the area would produce seeing as only 9 people rang that last incident in.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Loughc wrote: »
    999 can take up to 100’s of calls at anyone time which would be more than the area would produce seeing as only 9 people rang that last incident in.

And there lies the problem. People don't ring because gardai don't turn up. Or take ages to. Then calls are not recorded and the stats show that there are little issues in the area, not enough to call for a new garda station.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nanazolie wrote: »
    And there lies the problem. People don't ring because gardai don't turn up. Or take ages to. Then calls are not recorded and the stats show that there are little issues in the area, not enough to call for a new garda station.

We can change that mentality. I called both Sunday and Monday and will call anything else dodgy in. Our neighbors called as well and will going forward. The more calls will result in a larger and therefore quicker response.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

I am with you. Start noticing it in the "new" part as well. Scrots going past dropping lucozade bottles and chipper bags is not cool but residents attitude is ****e too. I seem to be the only person on the street picking the trash up. Neighbors are giving me strange looks and even my wife says I am mad. People would rather wait for wind to take rubbish away than lower themselves and pickitthefookup... blue bloods I suppose.

Edit: forgot to add ever present dog faeces.
    Painting all residents with the same brush... a bit of a generalisation. My partner and I (and our neighbours!) always clean up the trash outside our homes, and cleaned up a huge amount in the park on Monday also. It's very easy to come online and thrash the area, the residents etc when you obviously live there- nobody's gaining anything from your negative press. Go do something proactive like setting up a tidy towns committee instead of hiding behind a keyboard and giving out yards... there are a lot of people in the area doing their best in holding events for kids at halloween and Christmas, setting up the neighbourhood watch, garnering support for a garda station in the area, creating a resident's association- but you don't seem to bother to mention the positives. If people aren't proactive in bettering an area, it will go to the dogs, and you're as much to blame as anyone by not being proactive about it.

rahzor wrote: »
    Painting all residents with the same brush... a bit of a generalisation. My partner and I (and our neighbours!) always clean up the trash outside our homes, and cleaned up a huge amount in the park on Monday also. It's very easy to come online and thrash the area, the residents etc when you obviously live there- nobody's gaining anything from your negative press. Go do something proactive like setting up a tidy towns committee instead of hiding behind a keyboard and giving out yards... there are a lot of people in the area doing their best in holding events for kids at halloween and Christmas, setting up the neighbourhood watch, garnering support for a garda station in the area, creating a resident's association- but you don't seem to bother to mention the positives. If people aren't proactive in bettering an area, it will go to the dogs, and you're as much to blame as anyone by not being proactive about it.

10000%. I'm blue in the face calling for volunteers to our events, and a handful shows up. But when it comes to complaining, there is always many up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

This was a bizarre suggestion by the Garda. If we follow this advise we can easily clog their phone lines and break the system! Potentially putting someone else in harms way.

It's much more useful to inform the Gardai of anti-social behavior in your area rather than moaning about it on the internet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Loughc wrote: »

Judging from the reactions of some of the people in the room when they said only 9 calls had come in- I don't think some of the calls to the station directly were counted. Have been suggestions about getting the badge number of the person you're talking to so it can be followed up statistics wise at the Neighborhood Watch meetings. You could also ask for the log number for the incident but at the station they may not be inputting into Pulse.

From what I have seen over various groups- it's suggested to phone 999 and not the station directly- phoning 999 means they have to put it into Pulse so the stats will be more realistic. TBH- we shouldn't have to worry about stats but that is what management look at so need to keep the numbers up if we want the resources available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Parovoz

Hello,
    Sorry it is not related to the latest comments.
    I am very new to this forum and looking for some advises of current residents of Belltree development.
    Currently we are on cancellation list fir the latest phase and wondering if any of You bought a house off cancellation list just to know if we have a chance?Also we are not the 1st time buyers and would have to sell our current home in order to buy a new one which make it a bit complicated, again if anybody had a similar experience please?
    Many thanks in advance

Parovoz wrote: »
    Hello,
    Sorry it is not related to the latest comments.
    I am very new to this forum and looking for some advises of current residents of Belltree development.
    Currently we are on cancellation list fir the latest phase and wondering if any of You bought a house off cancellation list just to know if we have a chance?Also we are not the 1st time buyers and would have to sell our current home in order to buy a new one which make it a bit complicated, again if anybody had a similar experience please?
    Many thanks in advance

Hi Parovoz- we were lucky enough to get a cancellation in the first phase but at that point there wasn't a list. I would be in contact with Sherry Fitz (or whoever the agent now is) every week to check on the status of the list and to make sure you don't fall between the cracks.

It shouldn't matter to the agent if you're a first time buyer or not as long as you have the money for the deposit...but saying that it depends on the terms of your mortgage approval. I would get this checked out now since Sherry Fitz actually wouldn't let us put down a deposit until a property was sale agreed...this delayed us for about 5 months which is how we got a cancellation and not the house we were originally going for.

Thank you for reply!
    I am ringing to SherryFitzgerald every day and i think all the sale agents can recognize my voice at this stage, but no cancellations so far:(.
    Glad to know there is a possibility to get a house, might be lucky as you have :).
    I was told by sale agent at a showhouse those houses were for the 1st or cash buyers and the 2nd times buyers had no chances as sale agreed+mortgage approval must have! SherryFitzgerlad at Sutton Cross jumped in to sell our current house for us to chance it to get a cancellation later with the sale agreed. Which would leave us homeless basically because there is no guarantee there will be a house to buy...
    May be its better for us to wait for a 2nd hand house instead of going through the stress with the new one..

• Advertisement

Thank you for reply!
    I am ringing to SherryFitzgerald every day and i think all the sale agents can recognize my voice at this stage, but no cancellations so far:(.
    Glad to know there is a possibility to get a house, might be lucky as you have :).
    I was told by sale agent at a showhouse those houses were for the 1st or cash buyers and the 2nd times buyers had no chances as sale agreed+mortgage approval must have! SherryFitzgerlad at Sutton Cross jumped in to sell our current house for us to chance it to get a cancellation later with the sale agreed. Which would leave us homeless basically because there is no guarantee there will be a house to buy...
    May be its better for us to wait for a 2nd hand house instead of going through the stress with the new one..

It may not be what you are looking for, but there is a house in the older part of Clongriffin. Close to the dart station, but far enough that you don't hear trains or announcements. Beaupark Street. It's a 3 storey house. I haven't seen it inside.

I am afraid i am only interested in new developments, that the whole reason in changing the house. Also the older part of Clongriffin doesnt look attractive and safe enough... We live at Red Arches just cross the tracks and very familiar with the area. But thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for reply!

Yes not a great situation to be in- we were helped by the fact that we had decided to rent beforehand and were able to extend the rental period with the landlord since it was finished about 3 months late. Good luck and hopefully you get something soon!

Yes not a great situation to be in- we were helped by the fact that we had decided to rent beforehand and were able to extend the rental period with the landlord since it was finished about 3 months late. Good luck and hopefully you get something soon!

Many thanks for sharing your experience and useful advices! Will hope for the best:).And in case someone is planning to sell the house at Belltree please let me know:).Best regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Good to see positive things happening in the neighborhood. Scouts already operate from the Junction and soon another youth organisation will be here. At least some of our local kids will have something other than loitering to do.

Not to forget the coming Street Feast

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

The full Strategic Housing Development applications for the remainder of the Clongriffin site have been published, applications to ABP (and to DCC for a portion of plan) are imminent.

Available to view at

https://www.clongriffinshd1.ie/
    https://www.clongriffinshd2.ie/

The headline figures in total are 1950 apartments in total plus some offices and a cinema and commercial units at ground floors for shops/restaurants/cafes etc. Some of the plan overwrites existing granted planning permissions which is why the total number of apartments is approx 400 more than when the plan was initially announced last December.

The controversial aspects of the plan seem to be that 66% are to be Build to Rent

Parking allowance is provided at a rate of 0.71 spaces per apartment. The applicants have discussed this figure with DCC in advance of application and DCC agreed that a maximum provision of 0.75 spaces per unit was acceptable. The 0.71 spaces provision includes on street and off street parking, when off street alone is counted the rate drops to 0.51 spaces per unit. As the on street spaces will be available to all there are fears that the larger area will become flooded with residents cars with no other options.
    As DCC have already agreed that the car parking provision is adequate what is the likelihood that ABP will decide that it isn't.

I understand that the low rate of parking provision is allowed for based on location/transport options etc but it seems to me to be fairly optimistic that residents will only own cars at a rate of only half a car per unit

ohlordy wrote: »
    I understand that the low rate of parking provision is allowed for based on location/transport options etc but it seems to me to be fairly optimistic that residents will only own cars at a rate of only half a car per unit

Yes that is too optimistic especially when you consider how over crowded and in general poor the public transport options are.

It shouldn't matter cause one the apartments in Marsfield open and these get the go ahead with no infrastructure improvements to the road network the entire town will be one big car park.

Greed in a pure form. When we asked why there are only 50 spaces for 80 apartments in the new social block, they said that these are people on low income and wont have any cars! Arrogant bastards.

I suppose lack of facilities in the area can be explained: these are buy to rent properties, residents will pay extortionate rents and won't be able to afford going to coffee shops, cinema or pub. Maybe they should setup a soup kitchen instead? ...wait... they may actualy steal this idea...

ohlordy wrote:

My experience living in apartment blocks is that there are 1.5 cars per unit.
    Gannon and politicians treat people like idiots. Money money money moooooore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Shravs123

Anyone over here knows about Priory apartments opposite father's Collins park

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shravs123 wrote: »
    Anyone over here knows about Priory apartments opposite father's Collins park

What do you need to know?
    They have their own specific thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I suppose lack of facilities in the area can be explained: these are buy to rent properties, residents will pay extortionate rents and won't be able to afford going to coffee shops, cinema or pub. Maybe they should setup a soup kitchen instead? ...wait... they may actualy steal this idea...

Considering that all of the above you'll need a car to go to, as there is basically nothing in Clongriffin, the reasoning works :D

On a more serious note...I've been living on the Main Street for four years now, when I moved in the place was pretty much empty, it's got plenty of people living there now...does anyone know why there is still such a lack of basic services and shops there? I won't believe that something like a supermarket (Tesco and Lidl are probably afraid it would impact their Clare Hall and Baldoyle shops, but Aldi or Supervalu are nowhere near), an actual gym (as opposed to the "personal training" thing near the station) and maybe a Post Office would have no customers...

I have heard that there won't be a supermarket opened until local population numbers hit a certain level, the building has been ready for it for 10 years at least. Hopefully it won't be much longer til that number is reached.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Planning gone in for a cinema so that should help.

Strategic Housing Application notice gone up on fence around site where the two temporary schools were, 282 build to sell apartments in 3 to 7 storey blocks, 277 car spaces included

Anyone else finding the traffic management on Marrsfield Avenue to be a mess?
    I think there is a health and safety issue, there is too much mixing of site traffic and locals traffic along the stretch under control of traffic lights

Anyone else finding the traffic management on Marrsfield Avenue to be a mess?
    I think there is a health and safety issue, there is too much mixing of site traffic and locals traffic along the stretch under control of traffic lights

It's a categorical mess. The traffic lights remain red and often unattended for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

What exactly does "strategic housing development" mean ? 100% social housing ?

Advertisement