Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

He had a promo piece for his show a couple of years ago which was him tearing in to Murphy over what Pat considered a cheap shot Murphy had said about him.
    Was that where Murphy had a go at Pat about his gaff in Dalkey, and Pat was having none of it? Saying he built it and paid for it himself, or something along those lines - basically telling Murphy to Get tae Fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Was that where Murphy had a go at Pat about his gaff in Dalkey, and Pat was having none of it? Saying he built it and paid for it himself, or something along those lines - basically telling Murphy to Get tae Fcuk.

No it was when Murphy suggested that Pat didn't know anything about the experiences of those leaving on the average industrial wage and Pat went through him for a shortcut.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

No it was when Murphy suggested that Pat didn't know anything about the experiences of those leaving on the average industrial wage and Pat went through him for a shortcut.

I remember that, it was Eoin O Broin, not Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Faugheen wrote: »

I rest my case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

"Low Blow! Low Blow!"....that one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

humberklog wrote: »
    "Low Blow! Low Blow!"....that one?

"Cheap shot! Cheap shot!" I believe it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

mzungu wrote: »
    I recall Pat challenging them on water charges when it was at its height.

Yes, that's my recollection too. PK repeatedly challenging the anti water charges brigade. Other presenters doing likewise.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

mzungu wrote: »
    "Cheap shot! Cheap shot!" I believe it was.

That was it.

Faugheen wrote: »

My mistake. I am fairly certain that he has given Paul Murphy fairly intense questioning when on though I can't point to a specific incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

My mistake. I am fairly certain that he has given Paul Murphy fairly intense questioning when on though I can't point to a specific incident.

Are you thinking about when Paul Murphy was on the late late show. that was probably the most high profile grilling he got.

• Advertisement

Are you thinking about when Paul Murphy was on the late late show. that was probably the most high profile grilling he got.

You're right. That's exactly what I was thinking. Cheers.

Was that not Tubridy on the LLS in 2015 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Jeez this guy is talking some ****e about burgers and chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Edwina alert -klaxon!!!

Awful woman. Newstalk shouldn’t be giving her neither airtime nor a fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Edwina alert -klaxon!!!

Awful woman. Newstalk shouldn’t be giving her neither airtime nor a fee

Once again Pat misses the obvious target: Edwina was a remain voter now she's a keen Brexiter. Why? Simple party loyalty? (or Simpleton Party)

Pat was too slow to list the recent UK car industry job losses. Citing VW's EV car strategy in Geneva was easily batted away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Newstalk shouldn’t be giving her ... a fee
    Given that Communicorp was only paying Conor Pope €40 for his appearances, I wouldn't worry too much about the fee ;)

Should be interesting in the morning listening to Pat and Larry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

mattser wrote: »

I'm sure he will try spin the report as negative to Trump somehow, probably focus in on obstruction.

mattser wrote: »

I was just thinking the same. Once again Newstalk end up with egg on their faces for anticipating the result they wanted instead of waiting for the truth to come out. They decided the result in advance by simply looking at the cast of characters and deciding who is right by evaluating who is most in agreement with Newstalk's own ideology and morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm almost certain Larry Donnelly said ages ago that Muller won't make conclusions democrats hoped for. But yeah Newstalk is out to get you with it's democrat agenda. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Buried the story down the bottom of the list or stories, cos it wasn't what he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mueller Report shoved in our faces for the last two years and then when it shows there's no collusion it's swept under the rug.

How can anyone say the media are not biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

"Coming up after the break: The Muller Report, is Donald Trump in the clear?"

So, not swept under the carpet. At all.

Remarkable.

Poor Donald, I hope he's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Democrats are morons, 2 years wasted on the Russian angle.

Easier to go down a conspiracy tunnel than fix their own party.

It is amazing that Pat feel still feels the need to question Trump, but feels no need to look in the mirror with regard to the fact that he has been reporting the russian collusion story as if it were true for the last year.

They couldn't get Larry Donnelly to contribute this morning as he is spending the morning at home crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Pat still Trump screeching and hissy fitting, he really is a fool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

:D:D:D !!!

So Mueller report shows no collusion - so , now lets say ... ehh ... it's cos there is so much other issues and we can't focus on one in particular !!! :rolleyes:

Pathetic, this kind of doubling down sh1t is why he will win again!

The 2 big stories of the weekend ( Trump & Delaney ), discussed AFTER the 10 o clock News.

So, between 9 and 10 we had...more Brexit....Isis....and a travel blog for Dubrovnik. Hilarious.

The ad break for the 10 news was promoting travel to the U.S. with American Airlines. Even more hilarious.

Then it goes something like...you've guessed it..." Trump was not exonerated "

Absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

It is amazing that Pat feel still feels the need to question Trump, but feels no need to look in the mirror with regard to the fact that he has been reporting the russian collusion story as if it were true for the last year.

They couldn't get Larry Donnelly to contribute this morning as he is spending the morning at home crying.

Larry was over on Rte with Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

:D:D:D !!!

So Mueller report shows no collusion - so , now lets say ... ehh ... it's cos there is so much other issues and we can't focus on one in particular !!! :rolleyes:

Pathetic, this kind of doubling down sh1t is why he will win again!

Trump could win again because democrats can't decide if they should have a candidate middle America will stomach or candidate that ticks most of the quotas but is too extreme for those in the middle.

Advertisement