Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RTE really have gone to town on this election. Does it really need this much analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd be happy enough to wait till the results are announced. All this analysis isn't going to change a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

RTE really have gone to town on this election. Does it really need this much analysis?

It needs to stop, Pleeeeeease :)

Regardless who wins and its likely Biden, America is a basket case and will have quite enough to worry about at home, never mind concerning itself with Ireland and international issues.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Joe Biden's cousins. Wasn't it his great great grandfather who left from Mayo?

That would make these plebs his 7th cousins??

Just for perspective, all other Irish are said to be 5th cousins of each other. (Leaving out the 'new' Irish)

If I heard right, the lady was called Laurita Blewitt, is she the same person who does the podcast with Tommy Tiernan and Hector? She has been on RTE this week nearly as much as CB and the way she talks, you'd swear she was going to be living in the White house herself. The other fella was monosyllabic, exactly what you want on radio.

Any remote connection to US politics turns Irish people to forelock tugging g0b****es, it drives me mental. Mad, divise, xenophobic polices? No matter, his great great great grandfather once farted against a wall in Termonfeckin. Get the petrol station built, like a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Joe Biden's cousins. Wasn't it his great great grandfather who left from Mayo?

That would make these plebs his 7th cousins?? )

3rd or 4th, I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

My daily alarm clock to turn off the radio - "Next up is Callan's Kicks".

Nothing instigates silence in this house like the words Callan or Rosenstock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If I heard right, the lady was called Laurita Blewitt, is she the same person who does the podcast with Tommy Tiernan and Hector? She has been on RTE this week nearly as much as CB and the way she talks, you'd swear she was going to be living in the White house herself. The other fella was monosyllabic, exactly what you want on radio.

Any remote connection to US politics turns Irish people to forelock tugging g0b****es, it drives me mental. Mad, divise, xenophobic polices? No matter, his great great great grandfather once farted against a wall in Termonfeckin. Get the petrol station built, like a good lad.

:confused:

Lot of anger here today..............:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

I think it does. If anything damages the US , Ireland is part of the collateral damage...economically and geo-politically. Ireland is connected in areas like FDI , illegal immigrants , trade deal with UK and EU.

Aaaahhhh Jaysus....... Louise O’Reilly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Hi ho silver away...galloping on her high horse

• Advertisement

First interruption.

First ‘let me finish from Louise...... and on she goes, nobody can stop her.

First attempt to rein in OReilly

Second let me finish

• Registered Users Posts: 66,851 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

First ‘let me finish from Louise...... and on she goes, nobody can stop her.

Josepha talking now Brendi...actually listen would you?

Three against one, the auld Vinnie Browne tactic.

Nothing changes.....

She can’t be stopped..... third let me finish.

Fourth let me finish..... disgraceful bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

:confused:

Lot of anger here today..............:mad:

Did you not get the memo Bren? It's angry men. Bald headed too, I think.

Three against one, the auld Vinnie Browne tactic.

Nothing changes.....

Aw Shucks...the Cesspit of Shills again, eh Brendi?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

One and the same lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Louise O'Reilly was only short of saying "I know what I know".

Is it just me or has SF gone to town on the 'friend' angle.

imme wrote: »

Not just you I, shure it’s all they have .

Better stick on topic though ,the balance wasn’t great.

O’Reilly...Clare and the first sub. Fionnan Sheehan all lined up against Josepha.

Not just you I, shure it’s all they have .

Better stick on topic though ,the balance wasn’t great.

O’Reilly...Clare and the first sub. Fionnan Sheehan all lined up against Josepha.

Sheenhan is a journalist, he gave his take on it and how it affected FF FG The Greens and SF.

To see that as ganging up on Josepha is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Sheenhan is a journalist, he gave his take on it and how it affected FF FG The Greens and SF.

To see that as ganging up on Josepha is ridiculous.

Oops sorry I didn’t realise that that programme was confined to anti FF FG and Green Party commentary as well.

Someone should have warned poor Josepha.

These polemics are getting more popular.

Oops sorry I didn’t realise that that programme was confined to anti FF FG and Green Party commentary as well.

Someone should have warned poor Josepha.

These polemics are getting more popular.

He wasn't 'anti' anything for gawd sake. He was giving an independent overview as a political analyst.

Jaysus the paranoia Brendi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

imme wrote: »

This controversy came at a great time for SF, since the government decided to go into lockdown again there hasn't been a word from them as they can't attack really attack the government for going along with NPHET.
    So no wondering they're milking this for all its worth, they have nothing else to be outraged with at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ive asked this question before

are all the people who vote for Louise o Reilly literally from the deaf community ?

that voice is chronic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Why is Dr Gabrial Scally wheeled out onto this show every 2nd day?

How are RTE allowed push this agenda so forcefully.

This is the main radio channel for much of the middle aged to elderly cohort of society and it is filled with pro lockdown misery merchants

It is just despicable

How is it allowed?

He wasn't that bad today in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The judge and golf story has sailed, who cares. Would it not be better to dedicate whole shows in to how dodgy hand sanitizer found its way in to schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Why is Dr Gabrial Scally wheeled out onto this show every 2nd day?

How are RTE allowed push this agenda so forcefully.

This is the main radio channel for much of the middle aged to elderly cohort of society and it is filled with pro lockdown misery merchants

It is just despicable

How is it allowed?

Did you actually listen or just decide to shoot the messenger - I would be more concerned with Claire and her hyperbole.

Gabriel Scallys qualifications and position is why he is on these programs, his input today was balanced, fair and informative .

Infoanon wrote: »
    Did you actually listen or just decide to shoot the messenger - I would be more concerned with Claire and her hyperbole.

Gabriel Scallys qualifications and position is why he is on these programs, his input today was balanced, fair and informative .
    :rolleyes:

Did you decide to read the thread or just pull the trigger?

Anyway Scally has been on upteem times spouting his usual zero-covid, pro lockdown nonsense for months

as i said about he wasn't bad today.

all the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

:rolleyes:

Did you decide to read the thread or just pull the trigger?

Anyway Scally has been on upteem times spouting his usual zero-covid, pro lockdown nonsense for months

as i said about he wasn't bad today.

all the best
    Zero covid was not mentioned today....

Advertisement