Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Barr wrote: »
    Where do I find this guy ? sounds like a great service

He's on ebay. Depends on what phone you're after it for - i'm waiting over two weeks for a Huawei p30lite code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

swervring wrote: »
    He's on ebay. Depends on what phone you're after it for - i'm waiting over two weeks for a Huawei p30lite code

Give him a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Went into a shop this morning to get a Nokia 4.2 (they cancelled the online order) and was only €50 off the €139.99 in shop.
    Called up the Vodafone website in the store on my phone and it was same at €50 off.
    Yet on the laptop, it is now showing as €100 off? :confused:
    Anybody else having this problem?

Is laptop showing a cached version of the page?
    P30Lite deal has changed in the last week or so too. Base price gone up and discount gone down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    P30Lite deal has changed in the last week or so too. Base price gone up and discount gone down

P30 Lite has gone to 249.99 and then 50 discount. Its been like that for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

P30 Lite is cheaper to buy on Three without discount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Where do I find this guy ? sounds like a great service
    eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Give him a ring.

I've been in contact with him, got on to him after a few days and he said it was delayed because of Christmas. After a week I got back on to him again, he said Saturday, then contacted me Saturday to say it would be tomorrow. He did advise me that Samsung is much much quicker, and that Huawei would normally be too but it's a lot busier this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

swervring wrote: »

Thanks , I went for the A40 . Delighted to find it is a dual sim which is exactly what I'm after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Thanks to boards - managed to get a 3a, P30 lite and an A40 - all the family's phones refreshed for very little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dan786 wrote: »
    P30 Lite has gone to 249.99 and then 50 discount. Its been like that for over a week.

I got it for the 100 but remember it being in the voda christmas magazine at that price too. Surely they'll have to honour it if in the magazine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Hi,
    Just want to say that mobilecodes30 came good for the unlocking.
    I had been a bit nervous about trying the code multiple times but finally did it and it worked out ok.

So, that was €10 well spent.

Thanks again to @dan786
    vidapura wrote: »
    Anyone able to help me understand phone unlocking a bit.
    I got a network code and a defreeze code from ebay seller.

Unlock code didn't work first time.
    I'm nervous to try it again in case I disable the phone entirely.

Seller is saying to enter the codes multiple times and it will eventually work..
    LIke:

1) enter 41963906
    2) tap unlock
    3) enter 49525720
    4) tap unlock
    5) repeat step 3 and 4, for 10-15 times.

But would this not be very risky?

Setup my new Samsung A40 tonight . What a great phone for little money.

Dual sim works perfect , I am running a three and gomo sim.

Everything transferred from my old phone with smart switch so was a totally effortless transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Saint_Mel wrote: »

No, had cleared it.
    Ended up ordering a Nokia 4.2 for €40 after discount to collect in a shop instead.

Sent mail to om108-triomobile with the IMEI for Samsung A40 at 10.41am today and received the unlock code at 12.28pm! :eek:
    €12.50, worked perfectly and now 2 different sims in it.
    I'll be using him again.

Bought another A40 as a present and om108 had it unlocked in 2 hours for me.

Bought another A40 as a present and om108 had it unlocked in 2 hours for me.

I used him as well , just a pin number unblocked the phone

He sent a puk code which I didn't need.

The only thing annoying about the A40 is the connection to charge the phone is different to very other device in the house.

Not sure if this is on all the new samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I used him as well , just a pin number unblocked the phone

He sent a puk code which I didn't need.

The only thing annoying about the A40 is the connection to charge the phone is different to very other device in the house.

Not sure if this is on all the new samsungs.

Yeah, I take it you're talking about the USBC. I've been using usbc for the last couple of years.

Great thing about it is that it goes is both ways and at this stage most of my devices are USBC. Beware though, not all UBSC cables work both ways!!!

Notice there's no discount on the Nokia 4.2 now and a few of the Samsung discounts are gone as well on Vodafone website.

Three still have the A40 for €89.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Is it available instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Not a phone geek, if it makes calls and texts, it'll do. I'm interested in the Samsung A40 at the Three price.
    I've never understood the "dual sim" concept, to be honest it didn't exercise my brain that much, but perhaps somebody could enlighten me.
    If a phone is dual sim then I assume that at least one reason is that you can use it on another network in another country? If this is the case, how do they lock the phone to one network here in Ireland?
    Now there is probably a simple method staring me in the face but as I said I've never really bothered to look so maybe those more educated could fill me in.

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    Is it available instore?

I got mine online so not sure if the offer is in the shop.
    Marhay70 wrote: »
    Not a phone geek, if it makes calls and texts, it'll do. I'm interested in the Samsung A40 at the Three price.
    I've never understood the "dual sim" concept, to be honest it didn't exercise my brain that much, but perhaps somebody could enlighten me.
    If a phone is dual sim then I assume that at least one reason is that you can use it on another network in another country? If this is the case, how do they lock the phone to one network here in Ireland?
    Now there is probably a simple method staring me in the face but as I said I've never really bothered to look so maybe those more educated could fill me in.

I wouldn't get to bogged down with the whole dual sim thing.

The A40 tray has slots for 2 sims and a memory card.

It allows you have 2 separate numbers if required - great for me as otherwise I would need a separate phone for work.

If you don't need dual sim , simply put 1 sim card in the slot and its the exact same as having a standard single sim phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I got mine online so not sure if the offer is in the shop.

I wouldn't get to bogged down with the whole dual sim thing.

The A40 tray has slots for 2 sims and a memory card.

It allows you have 2 separate numbers if required - great for me as otherwise I would need a separate phone for work.

If you don't need dual sim , simply put 1 sim card in the slot and its the exact same as having a standard single sim phone.

Thanks, That's not actually what I was asking, maybe I didn't make myself clear and maybe I'm getting the whole wrong gist
    If a dual sim phone is issued by Three, with their sim in it and locked to their network in Ireland, and you go to to the UK, say, and put a Tesco Sim in the second slot , will it work? If the answer is yes, then why, if the phone accepts a Tesco card in the UK, won't it accept a Tesco card in Ireland without having to unlock it?
    To put it another way. If the phone is locked to Three in Ireland, why isn't it locked to Three everywhere?

I even have myself confused now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks, That's not actually what I was asking, maybe I didn't make myself clear and maybe I'm getting the whole wrong gist
    If a dual sim phone is issued by Three, with their sim in it and locked to their network in Ireland, and you go to to the UK, say, and put a Tesco Sim in the second slot , will it work? If the answer is yes, then why, if the phone accepts a Tesco card in the UK, won't it accept a Tesco card in Ireland without having to unlock it?
    To put it another way. If the phone is locked to Three in Ireland, why isn't it locked to Three everywhere?

Both sims will be locked to three but its easy to get an unlock code. You wont be able to use any sim other than tree till the phone is unlocked. Will cost €15 or so on ebay to get an unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

If the phone is locked both sim slots will be locked to the three network. You can get an unlock code on eBay for a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

A40 from Three has a locked sim slot 1 and an unlocked sim slot 2.

dan786 wrote: »
    A40 from Three has a locked sim slot 1 and an unlocked sim slot 2.

Mine was different , I tried a gomo sim in slot 2 and it was locked initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

Notice there's no discount on the Nokia 4.2 now and a few of the Samsung discounts are gone as well on Vodafone website.

there's a €100 discount on the Nokia 4.2

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mine was different , I tried a gomo sim in slot 2 and it was locked initially.

Just received my A40 from Three. As with dan786, SIM 1 is locked to Three but SIM 2 is unlocked and that suits me fine as I'll be using it with Three and Vodafone SIMs.

Fabulous piece of kit for the price!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Quackster wrote: »
    Just received my A40 from Three. As with dan786, SIM 1 is locked to Three but SIM 2 is unlocked and that suits me fine as I'll be using it with Three and Vodafone SIMs.

Fabulous piece of kit for the price!

Actually this isn't entirely correct.

If I have a Three SIM in one slot, then any SIM will work in the other. Doesn't matter which SIM is in which slot.

If I don't have a Three SIM in the phone, then no other SIM will work in either slot, just get the request for the network unlock PIN.

Still, it works for me with Three and Vodafone SIMs so I won't bother unlocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

Quackster wrote: »
    Actually this isn't entirely correct.

If I have a Three SIM in one slot, then any SIM will work in the other. Doesn't matter which SIM is in which slot.

If I don't have a Three SIM in the phone, then no other SIM will work in either slot, just get the request for the network unlock PIN.

Still, it works for me with Three and Vodafone SIMs so I won't bother unlocking.

any difference between a vodofone a40 and a three a40 with a vodafone sim in sim 2 ?

Advertisement