Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is that post being liked much around Clonmel?
    I know locally one guy is into it and nobody gives him any real attention and they’ve little time for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Is that post being liked much around Clonmel?
    I know locally one guy is into it and nobody gives him any real attention and they’ve little time for him.

There is a private/secret Facebook group for them. So I don't know how much traction they are gaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Pity the weather couldn't play ball and pour down and scutter their march - I'm lost for words for idiots like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

pooch90 wrote: »
    There is a private/secret Facebook group for them. So I don't know how much traction they are gaining.

Private/secret group. Now why would a group trying to gain support and popularity want to be private/secret?

Some lady had on Twitter said only three people showed up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Down with that sort of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's 3 muppets too many.

To thine own self be true

Look, I did it for a bet. Don’t think badly of me. I needed a bit of diversion. (I was the one in the pink mask)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Have you seen the plan for the town centre development of Clonmel?
    Have a look at this page of the TIPP CO CO website for more details, including an animation video of how it'll look....

https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/news/clonmel-public-realm

"Clonmel Urban Design Project

The project will provide a new, transformative layout for Clonmel Town Centre with enhanced pedestrian facilities.
    The proposed works to improve the public realm of Clonmel town centre will include widening and upgrading the surface of existing footpaths, planting of street trees and other landscaping measures, new street furniture, changes to parking arrangements, resurfacing road carriageways, changes to traffic management and development of improved pedestrian crossings.
    The works will also include undergrounding and upgrading of certain utilities."

You can even send in your observations on the proposals by Sept. 25th, which will probably be ignored/not read, 'coz they're friggin doing it - and that's that.

Clonmel will join the ranks of identikit town/city centres in Ireland and the UK, with identical street furniture and lighting etc.
    Here comes the future! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Well I emailed them - I would prefer they renovate the run down/wrecked buildings and bring people back into the town and stop making everything one way - that does not encourage customers!

Its aspirational not very practical and they better update the CCTV to make sure the gurriers don't wreck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

It looks fabulous but it’s a crazy idea, it’s impossible to find on street parking and since the Mary’s street car park has changed I find it on street or not at all. It’s hard enough for our few remaining businesses without making it even more difficult to find parking...the super Quinn car park is too far for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh for god's sake there's no shortage of parking in Clonmel. If Superquinn is "too far" to walk to the town centre some people need to take a good look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

solerina wrote: »
    .....and since the Mary’s street car park has changed I find it on street or not at all. It’s hard enough for our few remaining businesses without making it even more difficult to find parking...the super Quinn car park is too far for many people.

I find the new Mary street car park, to be excellent, and very well laid out. I never have issues finding car parking spaces there.
    cml387 wrote: »
    Oh for god's sake there's no shortage of parking in Clonmel. If Superquinn is "too far" to walk to the town centre some people need to take a good look at themselves.

Agreed. How can Superquinn car park be too far away ?

Honestly some people really enjoy a moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It looks fabulous but it’s a crazy idea, it’s impossible to find on street parking and since the Mary’s street car park has changed I find it on street or not at all. It’s hard enough for our few remaining businesses without making it even more difficult to find parking...the super Quinn car park is too far for many people.

People are too lazy. Leave the car behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Plenty of parking in Clonmel however people think Suir Island car park etc too far away - if moaning about parking was an Olympic sport then a lot of Clonmel business folk and patrons would be gold medal winners!!

Went past the Kool School(I think) in Denis Lacy Hall and loads of cars just parked all over the place

Hundreds of articulated lorry tractor units have been going down the Cashel road for the last ten minutes blowing horns. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Hundreds of articulated lorry tractor units have been going down the Cashel road for the last ten minutes blowing horns. WTF?

Charity run for Cashel older persons service and Cashel rugby minis. Google truck run clonmel, it comes up.

Recliner wrote: »
    Charity run for Cashel older persons service and Cashel rugby minis. Google truck run clonmel, it comes up.

Well it was certainly an impressive turnout. Fair dues.

There are plenty of people with poor mobility for whom Superquin is too far from O Connell street, I have family members in this position and no they don’t need to take a good look at themselves !!
    Hickeys car park is unbelievable tight so that’s not an option really and since the Mary street car park changed it has been on street or go home !!

dahat wrote: »
    People are too lazy. Leave the car behind.

Far from lazy, cop on, we have many people with mobility issues, be glad you obviously are not one !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Anyone else sick of the sound of fireworks going off already.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Anyone else sick of the sound of fireworks going off already.

100%. They sound very strange though. Don't know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There are plenty of people with poor mobility for whom Superquin is too far from O Connell street, I have family members in this position and no they don’t need to take a good look at themselves !!
    Hickeys car park is unbelievable tight so that’s not an option really and since the Mary street car park changed it has been on street or go home !!

Why wouldn’t they park in the Mary street car park? I find it very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Recliner wrote: »
    100%. They sound very strange though. Don't know what it is.

Must be new yokes on the market, don't know if fireworks or gunshots 😂doesn't help with all the sirens going off too haha

jlm29 wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t they park in the Mary street car park? I find it very handy.

It’s very handy. Unfortunately, if there are no spaces available, I would not be happy using other car parks in the vicinity due to fears for the safety of my vehicle. It’s Mary street, onstreet parking, or nothing.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Must be new yokes on the market, don't know if fireworks or gunshots 😂doesn't help with all the sirens going off too haha

Actually now that you say that, it sounded like listening to a news report from somewhere that was being shelled. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Far from lazy, cop on, we have many people with mobility issues, be glad you obviously are not one !!

More than enough parking for people who need it for mobility reasons. It's the folk that use the car for totally unnessecary reasons that cause issues.

I visit Clonmel a few times a year.
    We've never had an issue with parking. Apart from the just before Christmas and it was still easy enough to get.
    Even when The Showgrounds is busy you generally get a space on the ground level.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

its a nice town for shopping all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Town seems very busy today. Lots of traffic about. Queues to get into Lidl. 45 minute wait for checkouts in Dunnes Davis Road. Don't know if things are picking up or if there is a sense of panic again.

Advertisement